These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[CLOSED]Submit to me thy BLOG POSTS ...

Author
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-03-28 09:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Coffee Rocks
EDIT: I'm closing this thread for any new submissions at this time since CCP has weighed in. I will no longer be receiving notifications on this topic. If you still want to have your blog post listed there, please leave it in the comments section of the my blog post and I'll get it up on there.

Thank you! 7o

FYI - I apologize if the ISD's would rather it be in the threadnaught, but I figured it was more fitting here 7o

I've done a post listing every blog and article I've read the last few days on this issue. I'm asking people to submit more to me up until CCP weighs in.

You can find it here:Brave Voices

The list is divided by the following categories (for now)

1. Neutral News Sources
2. Stance: This is bad / Ban! / Changes needed
3. Stance: Indifferent / Staying out of it! / It was bad, but don't change nothin'
4. Stance: This is great! / Erotica1 is my hero!
5. Stance: ???

(I had to make number 5 for Gevlon. Shocked)

PLEASE, submit anything you find relevant to the whole thing! I'd love to get this made as quickly as we can. If your blog is here and you want it "shifted" to another category, let me know too!

Thank you and happy reading o/
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#2 - 2014-03-28 13:06:22 UTC
It's all useless really until CCP finally gets out of "Malaysian government mode" and actually says something.

Call me when it's over and settled.

(My personal take is everyone involved in the Bonus Room should be perma-banned, and the rules of behavior in our "sandbox" (torture chamber) altered to extend this to any future incidents at all. If they don't like the new restrictions, they can only look at themselves for the blame and nowhere else.)

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Dessau
The Scope
#3 - 2014-03-28 14:21:40 UTC
Shocking how much one can miss simply by failing to read GD for a few days. I log in to find 700+ pages of now-lukewarm scandal, and numerous New Eden pundits preaching to the masses.

Much like the Summer of Discontent, meaningful change is unlikely to occur unless you hit CCP in their wallet. The scale of that hit appears to be very small in relation to this particular cyberbullying hullabaloo.

CCP have resident physicists, but do they have a resident psychologist? If so, what is their opinion on the overflow of these antagonistic activities from gamespace to meatspace?

EVE is and will remain 'that game for scumbags'. Permabanning one guy or one group of guys won't alter that perception, and I'm not sure the game would be any safer, but it might make a noteworthy conciliatory gesture to the more morally engaged segment of the playerbase. How big that segment is, I can't say.

Anyway, solid blogposting, OP.
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#4 - 2014-03-28 14:50:35 UTC
People are responsible for their actions just as much as someone is responsible for their actions/responses. There is no good guy in this scenario.

After that, no matter what I think of the situation, the fact still remains that permabaning a pod pilot only affects that individual account. The individual/s will more often than not return, buy or skill a new pilot and then return to doing what they do best; getting people's goats.
Black Panpher
CastleKickers
Rote Kapelle
#5 - 2014-03-28 15:29:12 UTC
Whilst it makes me somewhat happy that the bottom feeders of life can escape into the sandbox that is eve and do/say things that out in the real big bad world would equate to having there asses handed to them, the phrase "this is why we can't have nice things" comes to mind.

There is a line, let's draw it in the sand(box) clearly for all to see and put this crap to rest, because it is crap and getting far to much attention all ready.
Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#6 - 2014-03-28 15:51:48 UTC
I didn' even knew about this until i read it here..

After a little investigation i came upon erotica1's rules to enter the so called bonus round:

-contract all of his assets to the instigators;
-send all of his ISK to Erotica 1;
-turn over any items in the redeeming system;
-turn over any PI materials;
-cancel any in-work science and industry jobs and turn over those blueprints;
-turn over all in-game clothing;
-convert any sizable balances of LP into items and contract them over as well;
-turn over all balances in any EVE-related gambling sites such as EVE Online Hold-em, SomerBLINK, et cetera.

these are EIGHT! absolutely fail save coverings before the process (with teamspeak omg) even starts.

I would be out upon "contract all of his a....." I mean, really?
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#7 - 2014-03-28 16:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
I'm pretty disappointed in CCP's response. Throw a sop to the humane people, and oh yeah, let's keep the "core" mean people happy as well. The fact that the EVE community could be fertile ground for spawning this whole thing is a little nauseating. (Actually the main reason I'm still subscribed to the game is to hang out with people in OOPE. I've kind of run out of PVE things to do, and the more involved in PVP I get, the more the people are into this culture of lulzing and ridiculing and humiliating. And the sad part is, you know most of these internet tough guys wouldn't stand up for a bud in a real fight, like in a bar).

Think I'll check out for awhile and STFU (Soften the **** Up). Dealing with mentally and socially maladjusted people is challenge enough in the daily real-world life, don't need it in my hobby.
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#8 - 2014-03-28 16:37:54 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
I'm pretty disappointed in CCP's response. Throw a sop to the humane people, and oh yeah, let's keep the "core" mean people happy as well. The fact that the EVE community could be fertile ground for spawning this whole thing is a little nauseating. (Actually the main reason I'm still subscribed to the game is to hang out with people in OOPE). Think I'll check out for awhile and STFU (Soften the **** Up). Dealing with mentally and socially maladjusted people is challenge enough in the daily real-world life, don't need it in my hobby.

So, you aren't going to talk to me anymore? Cry

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#9 - 2014-03-28 16:51:47 UTC
i kind of think that anyone stupid enough to play that game deserves to be screwed over. Straight

i guess that makes me part of the indifferent crowd.
Anslo
Scope Works
#10 - 2014-03-28 17:01:03 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
i kind of think that anyone stupid enough to play that game deserves to be screwed over. Straight

It isn't about the scam. No on cared about the scam. It's what happened after, the 2 hours of poking and prodding someone over the edge and recording them yelling and crying because they felt it was 'fun,' that was ****** up.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#11 - 2014-03-28 17:10:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Random McNally wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
I'm pretty disappointed in CCP's response. Throw a sop to the humane people, and oh yeah, let's keep the "core" mean people happy as well. The fact that the EVE community could be fertile ground for spawning this whole thing is a little nauseating. (Actually the main reason I'm still subscribed to the game is to hang out with people in OOPE). Think I'll check out for awhile and STFU (Soften the **** Up). Dealing with mentally and socially maladjusted people is challenge enough in the daily real-world life, don't need it in my hobby.

So, you aren't going to talk to me anymore? Cry

Nah, I'm used to you Random. You're kind of like that mentally and socially maladjusted relative everybody has. You know, kind of like Cousin Eddie. BlinkBig smile (Just joking man).
Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#12 - 2014-03-28 17:52:33 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
I'm pretty disappointed in CCP's response. Throw a sop to the humane people, and oh yeah, let's keep the "core" mean people happy as well. The fact that the EVE community could be fertile ground for spawning this whole thing is a little nauseating. (Actually the main reason I'm still subscribed to the game is to hang out with people in OOPE. I've kind of run out of PVE things to do, and the more involved in PVP I get, the more the people are into this culture of lulzing and ridiculing and humiliating. And the sad part is, you know most of these internet tough guys wouldn't stand up for a bud in a real fight, like in a bar).

Think I'll check out for awhile and STFU (Soften the **** Up). Dealing with mentally and socially maladjusted people is challenge enough in the daily real-world life, don't need it in my hobby.

I'm just realizing that I have the same feelings concerning the "inner" gameplay (pve, lulzing/humiliating locals etc.). Not that i feel personally harrased by them, it's just that continued atmosphere of predators and victims in local that is disturbing. I mean it wouldn't be fun either to live in a neigbourhood where people get humiliated and harrased in public everyday, so why simulate it in a computer game?^^
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#13 - 2014-03-28 18:21:49 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

It isn't about the scam. No on cared about the scam. It's what happened after, the 2 hours of poking and prodding someone over the edge and recording them yelling and crying because they felt it was 'fun,' that was ****** up.

i get that. and that's understandable. but the point remains that a smart player wouldn't have been in that position at all to begin with. that doesn't justify the treatment but it is what it is, i guess.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#14 - 2014-03-28 18:49:11 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

Would that be kind of like leading of the biggest corp in the game and trying to get those peopled to prod one guy into killing himself?

I just see this as the next logical evolution

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-03-28 19:02:33 UTC
Very interesting. I'm going to check out OP's link to read the well written Neutral viewpoints along with the various passionate and opinionated sperg pieces.

I do have one request. Can we please not restart another threadnaught? I'm still recovering from the other one and my all my F5 key gave out.Ugh

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#16 - 2014-03-29 14:11:11 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Seriously.

Why do these folks want an exact duplicate of "reality" in their "virtual worlds". It's messy, complicated and disappointing enough as is.

If virtual equals reality, where is the fun in wanting game escape time ?

The greatest sadness of humanity is a lack of collective imagination for The New.

So, we get VR, and all anyone can think of is making it into a mirror.

Bo-ring.............................

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#17 - 2014-03-29 15:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoe Kaltana
The whole thing is an example, that the internet provides zero security for easy-fooled people. And that isn't really EVE - related, but has to do with human behaviour in general. Every bit of revealed privacy or good faith makes you vulnerable for harrasments like these. And we all show good faith in the fact that the victim is not a payed actor with the aim of drawing pleasure out of all of us while we discuss about the topic like mad.

...just saying...case closed for me!
Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#18 - 2014-03-29 16:02:42 UTC
[CLOSED]Submit to me thy BLOG POSTS

haha, superpowers!^^