These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Exhumer ganking

Author
WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-03-28 10:11:53 UTC
So what's the best way to gank a hulk/Mack these days?

Is it still possible in a catalyst?
Bumsicle Wedgie
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-03-28 10:15:25 UTC
Thanks for bringing this up. It's a question I've not seen asked before here, but I'm sure many people are wondering the same thing.

If only there were a thread or twenty about this very subject, or indeed websites dedicated to it.

*sigh*

Maybe, just maybe, if I had access to a web page that allowed me to search the internet for relevant information, I'd be able to find something...
Daeralda Thiesant
URSA PRIMUS
URSA PRIMUS.
#3 - 2014-03-28 11:00:38 UTC
Bumsicle is right. All the information is out there already. Might aswell close the forums down now! Everything is just a google away!
Bumsicle Wedgie
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-03-28 11:28:56 UTC
Daeralda Thiesant wrote:
Bumsicle is right. All the information is out there already. Might aswell close the forums down now! Everything is just a google away!

Of course I are.

Enjoy.
WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-03-28 11:49:42 UTC
I love your toons name btw.

Thanks for the sarcasmpoast. However, any constructive additions to the discussion would be much appreciated. :P

Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-03-28 12:14:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Sipphakta en Gravonere
It would be nice if we could get some kind of ... board where destroyed ships are posted. That way, people could do the ******* research themselves instead of being lazy ****wards.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#7 - 2014-03-28 12:17:33 UTC
to answer your questions w/out all the shinanigans.

1 - catalyst
2 - yes

You guys are no help at all.
Wulfgar WarHammer
Unrustled
#8 - 2014-03-28 12:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Wulfgar WarHammer
WonkySplitDemon wrote:
I'm a special snowflake and I feel the need to create my very own thread to ask a question that has been asked/answered at least 100 times before

The relevant threads are on the FIRST $%&^%$^$&^ page.

EDIT - It's sad to see threads with actual discussions get locked while garbage like this is allowed...
WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-03-28 12:28:45 UTC  |  Edited by: WonkySplitDemon
Why do people get on their high horses over a fookin thread on a forum. Nothing is forcing you to reply.

I wanted my very own personal thread on the subject, to make me feel special. Don't like it, go and sit on your thumb in the bath like a good boy :) (Is what i'm about to do)
Wulfgar WarHammer
Unrustled
#10 - 2014-03-28 12:33:24 UTC
WonkySplitDemon wrote:
Why do people get on their high horses over a fookin thread on a forum.

Because some people who use these forums aren't complete idiots.
WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-03-28 12:34:33 UTC
Wulfgar WarHammer wrote:
WonkySplitDemon wrote:
Why do people get on their high horses over a fookin thread on a forum.

Because some people who use these forums aren't complete idiots.

and evidently some are...
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#12 - 2014-03-28 12:35:18 UTC
WonkySplitDemon wrote:

I wanted my very own personal thread on the subject, to make me feel special.

So, hows that working out for you?

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-03-28 12:37:59 UTC
Well, I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Wulfgar WarHammer
Unrustled
#14 - 2014-03-28 12:43:07 UTC
Alright, here is the reality -

I'm just another lonely exhumer pilot, and threads like these scare the living **** out of me. When I see them, I instantly become stricken with fear and panic, and I ask myself: "Will he be coming to my lonely system? Is my prized Mackinaw in jeopardy?" I instantly alt-tab back to my client, hit up a quick d-scan and check local .... Phew, no WonkyDemon sightings... Yet.

I then proceed cautiously in my mining ops for the rest of the day, neglecting my real life obligations to furiously mash d-scan every waking moment. I live in fear, lose sleep, and perhaps some of my appetite as well. I hire mercenary corps to protect my juicy 'roids for the rest of the week, essentially draining up all my would-be mining profits. Finally, I become so overcome with terror, that I just end up self-destructing my Mack and go back to blitzing L4s. That's what happens every time I see a 'ganking exhumers' thread.

... The life of a CareBear.

WW
WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-03-28 12:55:10 UTC
Well, this ended badly. Gotta love the eve forums.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2014-03-28 13:08:56 UTC
Came hoping for tales of people ganking USING exhumers and instead found it was just the normal way round.
Dog bites Man is not news.
Next time i want the Man bites Dog story please.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

WonkySplitDemon
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-03-28 13:32:07 UTC
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#18 - 2014-03-28 16:59:06 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Came hoping for tales of people ganking USING exhumers and instead found it was just the normal way round.
Dog bites Man is not news.
Next time i want the Man bites Dog story please.

I'm going to have to train exhumers now......

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-03-28 17:56:48 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Real men use orcas for ganks.

Mackinaws and Hulks can be ganked in one catalyst if untanked, but it requires 2-3 if they are properly tanked. A Vexor with perfect skills should be able to kill a tanked mac or hulk (haven't tested this one personally, my drone skills are too low.).

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#20 - 2014-03-30 09:28:35 UTC
Is a hurricane overkill for highsec ganking? Can I knock off procurers with one?

Will gank for food

12Next page