These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

New to Scammer Life, Need advice.

First post
Author
Salvos Rhoska
#21 - 2014-03-28 02:45:29 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
[Just want to play a game by the rules and need to know what those rules are.

Bet thats what the Bonus Room "clients" said too! Badoom-tish!

Ok,ok. Im going --->
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#22 - 2014-03-28 02:47:10 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:

Well as much as your psychotic advice sounds like "fun". Instead, I'd like to know how to stay within the rules and save CCP and apparently the touchy-feelie part of the community a lot of time. I'm a good guy. Just want to play a game by the rules and need to know what those rules are.

Well Malcolm, You can run your scam within the rules, but are you able to stay within all the unwritten rules?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

One Eyed Runner
GetYaTitsOut
#23 - 2014-03-28 03:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: One Eyed Runner
RollRollwith everything going on with that "other" thread, really don't thing this is a good time to askBlink

and btw -1/10 because of the "other" thread

I live in Jita so f*ck off

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-03-28 03:20:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcolm Shinhwa
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:

Well as much as your psychotic advice sounds like "fun". Instead, I'd like to know how to stay within the rules and save CCP and apparently the touchy-feelie part of the community a lot of time. I'm a good guy. Just want to play a game by the rules and need to know what those rules are.

Well Malcolm, You can run your scam within the rules, but are you able to stay within all the unwritten rules?

We're getting 'em written down right here brother.

A calmer than Salvos representative of the carebear community, Mabrick, posted a link to to a blog post on twitter basically saying how bad the E1/Sohkar thing was.

So I asked on twitter if we could have another blog post that lays out the rules and where the line is. He said, "Sure. I'll give it some thought and see if I can come up with something. :-)"

Considering I've asked many people to define where the line is and the only answer I've gotten is "gray area, line definitely crossed", props to Mabrick for picking up the challenge. So I'll update this thread with his response when I see it.

Yes, this is where reading this thread you go, "OMG, Malcolm was actually serious and not just trolling."

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#25 - 2014-03-28 03:34:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Considering I've asked many people to define where the line is...

There is no line, but we'll tell you when you've crossed it.
Pix Severus
Empty You
#26 - 2014-03-28 03:48:42 UTC
Cross the line first, apologise later.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Moja Hinken
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-03-28 04:01:52 UTC
I would like to know also. My plan is to scam people until I find someone who is clearly mentally unstable. Then I will take him into what I call a bonus round. I will mock him and make fun of him but all the while dangle the chance he gets his stuff back to him, keeping him there indefinitely. During this time I will slowly start to break him down and under no circumstances will I stop. If at some point he picks up a gun and blows his brains out, oh well just a game. At least I got all this free loot and CCP giving me a high five for playing the game correctly.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-03-28 07:09:13 UTC
I'm sorry to ask, but why don't you just stop after the guy gives you all his stuff? Isn't that the objective of scamming?

If you are asking about reading poetry then your objective is to humiliate and to debase the other person for what amounts to real life pocket change. Is that actually your goal?

/蘭

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Asia Leigh
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#29 - 2014-03-28 08:43:11 UTC
In before the lock
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Salvos Rhoska
#30 - 2014-03-28 09:35:51 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Considering I've asked many people to define where the line is...

There is no line, but we'll tell you when you've crossed it.

This pretty much.

Grey line. Drawn in water. If a substantial part of the community or CCP thinks you overstepped it, then too bad.

Scams IRL aren't "legit" either. There are no "legal" scams.

You just need to do it in a way that you can get away with it.

Its an oxymoron to ask "how can I legally scam?", if you get my meaning.
Agata Matahari
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-03-28 09:37:32 UTC
How many alts do you have Erotice? sick
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#32 - 2014-03-28 10:07:51 UTC
I have approximately 50 characters across 23 or so accounts. None of my alts have posted recently in forum.

Would you like a list?

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-03-28 10:14:38 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
I think you may cross the line if you use TeamSpeak.

TeamSpeak is this gray area (yes, sorry, I know you don't like gray areas) where the community just cant seem to make up its minds on whether a third party program with no affiliation to CCP is covered under the Eve Online ToS or the EULA.

As for the songs, you will have to ask yourself "will this person be affected mentally by singing?". Perhaps the person had a bad childhood memory about singing, and by having him/her sing, youll anger him or her. If there is any kind of learning disability or impediment to his or her speech, making them sing might be considered cruel!

If your mark were to start hurling racial slurs at you, screaming, abusing household furniture or even if he were to speak to his or her spouse sternly because of the menial tasks you were asking, you will have crossed the line. Even if you are calm and haven't broken any rules, you will have crossed the line. Im sorry, but personal responsibility will have nothing to do with it. You will be required to sit there and take it, and possibly reap all the punishment stemming from the tirade.

Remember also, that eventhough people will willingly hand you all of their stuff, that you are forcefully taking it from them. People willingly handing you their stuff, even in return for more stuff, will be considered a heinous act, possibly blackmail, definitely coercion, more than likely embezzlement, larceny, grand theft auto, mail fraud, and some other random things I just pointed to in this lawyer book I found at a garage sale.

Please take all of this into consideration before you run your scam. Id hate for someone with a vendetta against you to abuse the power he or she had, or the sway he or she may have over the masses to ruin your online career.

Beautiful.. successful I'd say to be quite honest.

I disagree

Agata Matahari
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2014-03-28 10:53:53 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
I have approximately 50 characters across 23 or so accounts. None of my alts have posted recently in forum.

Would you like a list?

please give me the list
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-03-28 15:02:19 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
I'm sorry to ask, but why don't you just stop after the guy gives you all his stuff? Isn't that the objective of scamming?

If you are asking about reading poetry then your objective is to humiliate and to debase the other person for what amounts to real life pocket change. Is that actually your goal?

/蘭

First the problem is knowing you have all the stuff. A lot of players have multiple accounts and it can take a bit to try to figure out whether you do in fact have all his stuff. I suspect a little social engineering would be required to get the player to reveal other accounts if there is no evidence in the API.

Secondly, I don't intended on keeping any of it. I seem to be able to make more isk than I can blow up from my PVP and PVE activities. I'd just like to ransom them a bit in the tradition of Eve and then give it all back. Maybe do it as some sort of object lesson about how you shouldn't fall for that sort of scam.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-03-28 15:17:40 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Would you like a list?

Still here? Shame...
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-03-28 15:18:36 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

This pretty much.

Grey line. Drawn in water. If a substantial part of the community or CCP thinks you overstepped it, then too bad.

Scams IRL aren't "legit" either. There are no "legal" scams.

You just need to do it in a way that you can get away with it.

Its an oxymoron to ask "how can I legally scam?", if you get my meaning.

This is a video game with rules like any other game like Monopoly or The Danger Game. CCP defines the rules, but the community can also come up with rules and attempt to enforce them as well. In this game scamming is within the rules given by CCP. I've read around a bit and it seems even Anslo doesn't think scamming should go away. I know what CCP's rules regarding scamming are. Now I'm attempting to find out what those who (a) represent the victim pool and (b) don't want scamming itself banned think those rules should be.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-03-28 15:26:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

Would you like a list?

Still here? Shame...

Luminous, for your previous heresies against HTFU three innocents have already perished in your stead. When will you recant?

Doesn't the fact you willfully continue your heresy against HTFU show that your concern for the weak and infirm is contrived, and you truly dont give a flying frack about other players? As surely if you did, you wouldn't keep sacrificing them on our altar with continued heresies and just STFU?

YOU are causing these deaths Luminous, we are just Gods instrument. We are adding another +1 to the Kill-It-Forward queue for your insulting an ambassador of HTFU.

F
Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-03-28 15:44:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Desivo Delta Visseroff
Apparently that other thread REALLY bunt me out..... I agree with the outcome, but I may be bitter and negative for the next few days. Don't take any offense OP.

Inner Delta thinks you're a cool dude.

Outer Delta thinks you're 1/10 Troll who's clogging the first page of GD and you should biomass into a collapsing wormhole EvilAttentionAttentionAttention

Fly safe.

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-03-28 15:45:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Desivo Delta Visseroff
Damn Double PostsEvil

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Previous page123Next page