These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

can someone give me a good reason

First post
Author
Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#21 - 2014-03-27 06:00:18 UTC
I will give you TWO good reasons

1. ISK
2. ISK

Got it baby?

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

ashley Eoner
#22 - 2014-03-27 06:10:54 UTC
Cyndrogen wrote:

1. ISK
2. ISK

Got it baby?

1. ISK
2. Hilarious conversation
3. Profit!!

Luwc
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#23 - 2014-03-27 07:10:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
MrMaximas wrote:
Ok great thank u all for the replies.

I did read up about it and it seems worth doing only if u are in a huge fleet. It says by killing the last boss it would drop some pretty nice blue prints and capital stuff and yes with isk and faction points.

So yes its worth it but not worth it to small corps/alliances.

Great to know for the future.

Fly safe ya'll 0/

*Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal.

you can run incursions with 6 dudes...

"a huge fleet" what is that 1000 players ?

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#24 - 2014-03-27 08:24:02 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
Cyndrogen wrote:

1. ISK
2. ISK

Got it baby?

1. ISK
2. Hilarious conversation
3. Profit!!

So true, TS3 makes it a lot more fun.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Don Purple
Snuggle Society
#25 - 2014-03-27 08:58:08 UTC
There's a great thing called google.

You are welcome, any donations are appreciated.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#26 - 2014-03-27 09:03:25 UTC
I have to chip in and say i wasnt a fan when it started, i wasnt a fan when everyone started to understand how to do it and im not a fan now.

Purely avoid it every time, it just cuts off a region while the incursion fan boys complete it.

Could they not be moved into a special huge worm hole guarded by sansha with the incursion on the inside? Still get the presence factor but it doesnt shut down constellations at a time and really ruin it for anyone that lives in the area that does not do incursion.

You dont force people to mine do you?

YOU ENTERED A MINING SYSTEM GET YOUR MINING LASERS OR EXPECT TO DIE!!!!

stupid concept from the start, bloody incursions..

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-03-27 09:11:37 UTC
I know people that regularly make over 100 mill ISK an hour each with the incursion community.

They do seem an elitist bunch though :D
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#28 - 2014-03-27 09:18:05 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:

That is an AWESOME idea.

Could be the way people might pay for a Missioning Permit....

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#29 - 2014-03-27 10:10:36 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#30 - 2014-03-27 10:13:00 UTC
Heh, reminds me of when incursions were first introduced, the avalanche of bling fit mission boats thinking they could solo them the same as any other mission and then getting vapourised was hilarious.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#31 - 2014-03-27 11:17:23 UTC
The incursion runners want to optimize isk per hour. To do so means really shiny ships typically. This is why they are bit of an elitist bunch. I mean a shiny shiny nightmare is hardly entry level PvE. But there are other groups that are less ansi about it.

Our public fleet want to do a bit so that some regulars can have some income. The vang whatever its called where easy to clear in about 7min which is still considered sub optimal. Each pilot was getting 11M per site (12 ships +1 links ship), we where in all t1 ships. The real nice thing about it is you get paid then and there. No salvage or anything like with sleeper sites.

Shiny is not as needed in eve as many think. Often 10x the cost is not even 2x better.

Personally i don't mind things like this. Disruptive things seems like something that should happen in the eve universe. But yea the rats at the gates can really catch you out if you don't know about them. Scramed and pretty high incoming DPS.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#32 - 2014-03-27 13:21:59 UTC
Shizuken wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:
Ask Sansha.

I'm pretty sure he'd say the whole point is galactic-domination.

Is that why he always pulls out after 3 days?

Hmmm.

Note to self: Been living in wormholes too long.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

that beast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-03-27 14:13:48 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:

Could they not be moved into a special huge worm hole guarded by sansha with the incursion on the inside? Still get the presence factor but it doesnt shut down constellations at a time and really ruin it for anyone that lives in the area that does not do incursion.

stupid concept from the start, bloody incursions..

You're missing the point of the 'RPG' bit of MMORPG. You don't have to role-play yourself, just understand that you're in a game that does have a background and evolving story. That story being, generally, that the Empires are losing power to us. Wars are raging between basically everyone, Empire vs. Empire (faction warfare and DUST514), pilot vs. pilot (sov. warfare), and then pirate vs. Empire (incursions, where the Empires/CONCORD hire us to fight with/for them).

It's not just about creating playable content for the game, it's also about developing the story behind the playable content, some of which we create, some of which CCP creates. You don't have to role-play, just understand that there are a lot of people who do follow the universal story, follow the player wars, the NPC wars. And we're all affected by them (unless you're stuck in a C1 and no-one bothers you) no matter what type it is. Hey, SANDBOX with real player input!

Don't like dynamic story progression? Go back to Wow.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2014-03-27 15:59:06 UTC
MrMaximas wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
They're high end PvE content, they're challenging, require teamwork, are downright nasty and clear when they're done. If you want them gone faster, organise a fleet, some of the sites are runnable in T1 ships with logistics.

If there's an incursion where you are and you want to mission, mine etc, change constellation for a week, it's not hard.

Thank u for a the reply but what do u gain from it?
Is there a lot of isk to made if u do them with a large fleet?

The top end fleets make about 160 mill/hr /pilot. They are all in deadspace /faction fit pirate BS with high end implants and good skills. the entry level fleets make more like 80 mill/hr.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Ribor
Nucleocorp
#35 - 2014-03-27 17:58:41 UTC

The point of incursions are to allow for risk free isk farming. The rats don't do anything special, they're just hard to kill and deal a decent damage and they're 100% predictable. As far as risk/reward goes right now, incursions are the absolute best. Risk: almost 0, reward, 100m on hour. In highsec. If the players were interested in actually ending the incursions they could be over in a matter of hours. They stay up so long so they can get farmed because there's not a real incentive to end it,
Serene Repose
#36 - 2014-03-27 18:03:07 UTC
WHOLE. Geez. Not "hole." If you ask "hole" you may end up with somebody's name then Ezwal will get upset again.
"ENTIRE" might be a better word to use in this instance. Incursions make things seem dangerous!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Previous page12