These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

KarmaBad for CSM 9

First post
Author
#1 - 2014-03-26 19:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
Hey everyone, I'm Karma Bad. I'd like to announce that I'll be running for CSM-9.

Who am I?

I am a highsec content creator and have been for the vast majority of my space career. Beyond this I have earned my wealth through standard means of play as well as less accepted ways. As such I have two sides of game play experience that I believe most CSM members do not have, the Dark PVP'er and the PVE'er.

The Dark PVP side

Similar to Psychotic Monk, I have done my fair share of ninja salvaging, suspect baiting, wreck baiting, corporation infiltration, suicide ganking and war declarations. As such these are the predominant ways of player interaction in highsec that doesn't involve shooting Red Cross’s with other players. It also didn’t help that Suddenly Ninjas is the primary organization that got me to stay with the game when I first joined Eve.

With living in highsec comes living within a set of rules that is highsec mechanics. A location where Living on the cutting edge of mechanics is the way of having a good day in player content and waking up with a new clone. Do to such cutting edge I have actively used mechanics to the fullest extent and have had these mechanics abruptly change for better and for worse of the game. As well as had to morph the way I play this great game of ours, significantly as of result of the changes made to these mechanic changes.

Dark PVP Resume:

• Ninja salvaging
• Suspect baiting
• Wreck baiting
• Corporation infiltration (Awoxing (1) and corporation theft)
• Suicide ganking
• War declarations

The PVE side (2)

I’ve made billions through trading, manufacturing, POS (Player Owned Station) management, Pl (Planetary Interaction) and wormholes (the non pvp side of wormholes). Through the course of my time I have run into many limitations and bugs that are found within these zones of play, most notably POS (player owned stations). These can range from just a nuisance to actually discouraging interaction. As well as a lot of PVE concepts have been static for some time and need some adjustment love in the terms of adding content or slight modifications to decrease how stale they are. I have added these and some of the other issues I have found to my agenda of things I wish to change near the bottom of this post.

PVE Resume:

• Station Trading
• Mission Running, Up to Level 4 missions
• Standings for Jump Clones (3)
• Tier One Manufacturing
• Tier Two Manufacturing
• POS Management (Player owned Station)
• Planetary Interaction Chains
Wormholes

o Gas Harvesting
o Sleeper Sites
o Wormhole Logistics
#2 - 2014-03-26 19:09:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
What do I stand for:

My concerns are geared for interesting and competitive game play of player interaction variety. Not just highsec but Eve itself and to such end I wish to bring a balance of those who wish to participate unintended or unwanted interaction and those that wish to do casual play. As removal of either could lead to a loss of potential enjoyment and variety the game can bring.

My goal is to a voice to help CCP on a path that helps players become immersed and experience the beauty that this game holds. As such some of my areas of focused change are:

• PVE. It has been passed up on some needed love and attention. Content within missions needs regular attention and tweaking to create a more immersive storyline.

• Corporation Management Interface. May not need a complete overhaul in how the programing for it works, but needs to have the interface portion redone.

• POS (Player owned Station). I understand that this is a known problem and not worked on because it’s a big problem for programmers but it deserves mentioning.

• Player Retention. It is my belief many people leave because they are blindsided by eve mechanics. Create a Suggestion or Mechanic definition of the day on login, or that the player becomes bored due to no direction towards player interaction.

• In game Note Pad: Removal of maximum Lines or option to remove warning.

• Faction Warfare. Mechanic that actually changes the face of what faction owns what space in highsec eve and the security status of eve highsec.

• Ninja salvaging I wish to bring back to a new player experience level and add agents that actually do send out ninjas as new player experience mission (could be simulated with npc’s in both accepted and not accepted to be there styles of mission given) (4)) https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ninja_Salvaging.

• Combat Flagging. We need to develop a way of creating criminal flagging of something more than on or off style mechanics to more selective on who can engage who. Thus increasing the ability to engage fights that are not against the entire eve population.

• Remote Repair. Combat flagging again. Needs somewhere between fighting everyone and fighting no one.

The CSM is an advisory group to CCP and where a large amount of information passes from players to designers. I believe a person that has had as much experience in Highsec interaction as myself is needed to improve the mechanics and mechanic clarity of for player interaction, be it for profit, revenge, humanitarianism, or the messy side of morality.

Your CSM 9 Candidate
Karma Bad

Notes for terms for players that might not know

(1) Awoxer: In EVE Online, a hysterically bad short-term spy who joins your corporation. His intent is to kill your corporations PvEers, or otherwise sow as much havoc and distrust as possible before being kicked from your corporation a few days later.

(2) a MMO player who avoids PVP combat, heavily preferring cooperative or solo PVE combat, chatting, or developing trade skills/running quests. Depending on the game and the individual, this PVP avoidance can show up in several ways: by playing on strict non-PVP servers; by avoiding PVP areas or declining duels; or, by avoiding or condemning PVP players.

(3) Jump clones are special non-emergency clones available to characters with high standings and specific training. They give you the ability to have clones spread in medical facilities throughout the world of EVE and move your character to any of those clones at will, as opposed to the single medical clone that a player is allowed that is only activated upon pod death

(4) Yes agents that actually tell you to ninja salvage someone’s mission. Or at least have a mission that can take place in the same pocket of space at the same time
#3 - 2014-03-26 19:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
Reserved
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-03-27 00:14:18 UTC
Hello Karma Bad,

I am one of the co-hosts of the Cap Stable Podcast.

We would like to invite you to be on the show to be part of our CSM9 coverage.

Prospective CSM candidate who are interested in setting up a 30 minute interview, please use any of the methods detailed below to contact us. Interviews will be posted unedited, save clearing up any technical difficulties and they will be granted on a first confirmed, first served basis. Each CSM candidate will be paired with one of our hosts for an one-on-one interview. We will make ourselves available as possible, but we would prefer to record evenings US time, about 2:00-5:00 EVE time most days.

Email: podcast [at] capstable.net

Please remember to provide us with a contact e-mail and your Skype ID.

We hope to hear from you soon and thank you for participating in the Council of Stellar Management elections.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer, The Cap Stable Podcast

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2014-03-27 04:37:15 UTC
To get the obvious question out of the way, what sets you apart from Psychotic Monk? That is, why should someone vote for you instead of him, or rather given how STV works, why should someone rank you higher than him?

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Red Coat Conspiracy
#6 - 2014-03-27 05:27:27 UTC
Hello,

Just reading your introduction and there is one part that is searing into my mind:

Quote:
PVE Resume:

• Wormholes

I'm interested in hearing more about your wormhole experience. Any thoughts about what you found while in wormholes? Any features, ideas, concerns, and/or thoughts on the wormhole mechanics/gameplay? Thanks!

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

#7 - 2014-03-27 14:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Hello,

Just reading your introduction and there is one part that is searing into my mind:

Quote:
PVE Resume:

• Wormholes

I'm interested in hearing more about your wormhole experience. Any thoughts about what you found while in wormholes? Any features, ideas, concerns, and/or thoughts on the wormhole mechanics/gameplay? Thanks!

The major problems that i found wile in wormholes boils down to just a few major points:

Arrow Pos Bugs. Many people understand the code behind these are painfull. The only thing worse is working with it.

Arrow Proliferation of warp core stabilizers, I don't feel those that are using them are doing anything wrong, But the problem is that there is little reason not to, (a limit to how many you can have on a ship might be a baindaid solution short term.

Arrow C3's needs a static that goes somewhere other than highsec (probably in addition to).

Arrow C1's needs a static that goes to other C1's

Arrow Shift the slider from there always being a K Static, to always being a wondering hole is something that i would enjoy seeing (but having a specific hole (such as the current statics show up more than the others, I think the slider option is key to this)

Arrow I would like to see wormholes become more active in players actually flying around in space, But currently I do not have a idea on how to implement that.

Arrow I would like to see a POS module that could assist in closing holes faster.
Either by a player activating something along the mechanics of a cyno.
Or a module that would speed up the time side of the life of the holes.
I do not believe this should affect K holes.

Those are my ideas, and as a candidate for the people I would love to accept input on these more things that can help make eve better, From Wh's, Highsec, Lowsec and even null.

KB
#8 - 2014-03-27 15:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
mynnna wrote:
To get the obvious question out of the way, what sets you apart from Psychotic Monk? That is, why should someone vote for you instead of him, or rather given how STV works, why should someone rank you higher than him?

I would love to see both of us make it to CSM 9 so there is a voice for highsec.

But down to the point. For the most part your either going to like monk or you wont. Where I stand out from that is the greater amount of understanding the middle ground between opposing trains of thought.

Where yes, a lot of what i know are based around highsec mechanics. That is not my only interest in eve, thus opening the door for myself as not just a highsec candidate but also a wormhole candidate and a lowsec candidate. I could even see myself making it on, albeit further down the list for null ballets due to the way the meta game is in null.

Thus creating a higher base of possible voters making myself more likely to be voted in the end.

But highsec and really all of the game needs help boosting / assisting the players as a whole. From the casual player that just likes to salvage (i know some where that is there game they want to play, only), to the dedicated call to arms. There is a location for each and every one of us in this sandbox and to assist the way the game works can help expand the options. And especially knowledge of whats out there in eve.

I don't think people intended to play the sandbox the someway every day, but rather they may not know there are choices out there to open up the possibility for them. Where my focus on trying to get knowledge out there and open the possibility sets me apart.
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2014-03-27 15:32:48 UTC
Greetings it's always great to see more wormhole representation. Just a few things.

Karma Bad[:arrow: wrote:
Proliferation of warp core stabilizers, I don't feel those that are using them are doing anything wrong, But the problem is that there is little reason not to, (a limit to how many you can have on a ship might be a baindaid solution short term.

In all my time in wormhole space I have never seen this being a issue with the possible exception of ventures, but hey thats what bubbles are for.

I think you'll find stabs are much more of a issue in lowsec.

Karma Bad wrote:
Arrow C3's needs a static that goes somewhere other than highsec (probably in addition to).

You do know that most C3 static go to lowsec not hisec, I think about 60% infact.

Karma Bad wrote:
Arrow I would like to see a POS module that could assist in closing holes faster.
Either by a player activating something along the mechanics of a cyno.
Or a module that would speed up the time side of the life of the holes.
I do not believe this should affect K holes.

With just a few people you can collaspe pretty much any wormhole in minutes (C1 being a possible exception). Why do you feel there is a need for a dedicated module to do something that players can do already. Just how fast should this module close wormholes?
#10 - 2014-03-27 16:12:19 UTC
Quote:
You do know that most C3 static go to lowsec not hisec, I think about 60% infact.

What im trying to say, is I would like to see c1’s and c3’s have statics similar to c2’s, the duel static structure.

• To have c1’s have statics to other c1’s more often than random wh’s would be nice to see (or statics). But then again C1’s can function without changing this (it is a wish though)

• Have c3’s open up to the rest of Wh’s like C2’s. Most of the time it just doesn’t feel like they are connected to wh space very well, especially when chaining.

• Even c4’s, c5’s feel more connected than c3’s (and I like the way they function)

• I am ok with the fact that most c3’s go into lowsec or null, as I think they should.

And for the Wh close assist Idea that I mentioned.

It could be a pos module that would cut the life of non K wormholes by half.

Another option is to have a module equipped to a ship (a non-frigate or destroyer ship). That works like a cyno for being stuck and warp to anywhere in system, has to be x far off Pos’s, and can close non K-holes in say 10 mins.
It’s an idea that I had. Not saying that the current way of doing this is horribly bad, I just want a different option on the table for possibilities.

For Stabs, I feel there should be other options outside of nanoing or stabbing in its current iteration. Even bringing back expanders to low slots would make me feel better. (Most of my dislike on this subject is how cookie cutter PI haulers are).
Red Coat Conspiracy
#11 - 2014-03-27 17:45:15 UTC
Karma Bad wrote:

Alright, so from your experience, the following is basically some ideas you'd like to see implemented:

Arrow You're in favor of C1 and C3 wormholes to have dual static, leading to w-space.

Arrow You're in favor of C1's changed to increase C1-C1 chains.

Arrow You're in favor of changing statics in favor of wandering/slider static to variable classes in w-space; with a higher probability of a particular class static in each system.

Arrow You're in favor of a Wormhole Collapsing Module; Either for Ship or POS.

Arrow You're in favor of nerfing Warp Core Stabilizers.

Arrow You're in favor of a POS Overhaul.

Could elaborate more about what wormhole experience you have, what classes you've resided, how many wormhole residents you've shared your ideas with and their impression and feedback provided, and also your views on the following issues that wormhole residents discuss:

Arrow T3 Rebalance?

Arrow Blackhole Systems?

Arrow Dual Static C4 Wormholes?

Arrow Alliance Bookmarks?

Arrow Discovery Scanner/Delaying Signatures?

Arrow Wormhole Stabilizers?

Arrow C1-C6 PVE Yield/Capital Escalation?

Arrow Gravimetric Sites Anomaly v. Signature?

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Caldari State
#12 - 2014-03-27 18:56:12 UTC
Karma Bad wrote:

• Even c4’s, c5’s feel more connected than c3’s (and I like the way they function)

And for the Wh close assist Idea that I mentioned.

It could be a pos module that would cut the life of non K wormholes by half.

Another option is to have a module equipped to a ship (a non-frigate or destroyer ship). That works like a cyno for being stuck and warp to anywhere in system, has to be x far off Pos’s, and can close non K-holes in say 10 mins.
It’s an idea that I had. Not saying that the current way of doing this is horribly bad, I just want a different option on the table for possibilities.

For Stabs, I feel there should be other options outside of nanoing or stabbing in its current iteration. Even bringing back expanders to low slots would make me feel better. (Most of my dislike on this subject is how cookie cutter PI haulers are).

Yes, C4's and C5's are more connected in w-space because they have static holes that lead into other w-space systems, while the C3's have statics into K-space; that means that it is up to wandering holes or inbound connections to add a C3 to a chain.

Although I personally lived in, and enjoyed, a C2 wormhole system with dual statics before I moved into a C5, I like that the C2 and C3 wormholes provide distinctive environments/situations. By adding a secondary w-space static to C3 wormholes, you dilute that, and it is a proposition I would be against.

Also, I would like to add to the prior comments in that a "hole closing" module already exists in game - the 100mn Microwarp Drive and 100mn Afterburners. A lone pilot with a 100mn Orca can close most holes in fifteen minutes; if you have two pilots working on it, you can close a hole in five. If you do not have an Orca, you can still fit a 100mn Afterburner or Microwarp Drive to a battleship, and it only takes a little longer.

Personally, I feel that having a POS module that can point-and-zap a wormhole tilts the dynamics of the wormhole PvP dynamic too far in favor of the home defense group - and they already enjoy a nice advantage. Being invaded? Catch a fleet moving through your system? Nuke the hole from the safety of your POS and trap them there until they pay a ransom. Or until your capital fleet logs in.

Karma Bad wrote:
PVE. It has been passed up on some needed love and attention. Content within missions needs regular attention and tweaking to create a more immersive storyline.

I can certainly agree there; missions and complexes are interesting the first time or two through them, but by the 10th hunt for the Dread Pirate Scarlet, I find myself wondering why we didn't shut her clones off already. :)

Author of the Karen 162 blog.

#13 - 2014-03-27 20:12:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Karma Bad
From my experience so far I would if i have to break it down to sentence segments in regards to wormholes:

Arrow I’m in favor of C1 and C3 wormholes to have dual static, leading to w-space

Arrow I’m in favor of having most statics in c2 go to c1 to c3’s with wondering for all the rest from time to time.

Arrow I’m in favor of having c3’s be the primary exit point c4’s to c6’s. (at the very least I don’t like them just ending in K space)

Arrow I’m in favor of C1's changed to increase C1-C1 chains.

Arrow I’m in favor of not always having your static, but always having a wormhole available (K's are not included in Number available at any given time)

Arrow I’m in favor of a pos mod that decrease’s the overall length of a hole by half (a standard hole lives 16-24 hours, this would change it to 8 to 12 hours without actively closing it through mass, also this would not affect incoming wormholes). And with the addition a stabilizer could be used to increase time but not mass to the worm holes.

Arrow I like the idea of a wormhole collapsing module (however do not have a fully acceptable way of implementing it)

Arrow I’m in the favor of variation when it comes to low slots on industrial ships rather than just warp core stabilizers.

Arrow I’m in Favor of a POS Overhaul in every part of space.

Arrow I am currently not in Favor of Dual Static C4 Wormholes, but do understand they need some help as large groups don’t like them as much, and small groups don’t either.

Arrow I support the Idea of Alliance and Fleet Bookmarks. (Fleet BM’s save to the person who made them) And to have the ability to refresh bookmarks in (in an easy manner) as corporation bookmarks don’t show up as fast or easily as I would like them to.

Arrow I support the rebalance of delayed signatures (however much care needs to be taken on this subject)

Arrow I currently do not wish to change the yield of any loot in wormholes. As in the end the only change for value can come from blue loot or a Nerf to one sec and a buff to another, but I’m willing to listen to the community if it’s truly needed.

Arrow It’s my current belief that t3’s ships are near the correct rebalance, with cost, skill point loss and options, some things could be tuned up and down a bit though. I would rather see time spent bringing other ships on closer to a balanced level.

Experience in Wormholes.

Arrow I have Zero Experience with anything to do with capitals outside of using a clone bay once, and knowing most of the standard principles of how they work, as such no experience with cap escalations currently.

Arrow I have lived in wormholes for a combined total of 12 months since they have been released but my main generally goes on day trips or short term trips, leaving friends / alts inside.

Arrow I have only worked with wormhole groups of less than 10 people in size which have resided in c1’s to C4’s.
I have lived in at one point or another due to my nomadic nature in most wormhole environments at one level or another.

Black holes:

Arrow I’m Ok with the fact that they are disliked.

Arrow I believe an overhaul can and should be done on them.

Arrow I’m currently torn between a change:

Idea Horrible location but more abundant resources.

Idea A missile favored location.

Idea A location that favors defenders with the current effects but reduced pain with inertia

Idea Or possible more holes found in side.

Changes to the Black holes would need be something that I would look more into the community and what ccp developers are willing and able to reasonably do about them, which to have access to fully address, A full NDA position such as a csm seat or developer information would be needed to find the best option.
#14 - 2014-04-04 20:24:39 UTC
#15 - 2014-04-05 15:03:18 UTC
#16 - 2014-04-10 17:53:17 UTC
Supporting this candidate.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.