These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New EVE Ship Models Discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Davidus Fortuna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#101 - 2014-03-26 16:06:11 UTC
Hurricane
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#102 - 2014-03-26 16:07:41 UTC
Ark

Up to 50 centimetres, painted, assembled, no lighting and preferably mounted on an adjustable standard/support.

In my personal opinion the Ark jump freighter and to a lesser extend the Providence freighter are among the most beautiful ships in EvE.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

CompleteFailure
DAWGS Corp.
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#103 - 2014-03-26 16:08:33 UTC
All of them.
Josh Cox
FC Build 'n Trade
#104 - 2014-03-26 16:09:32 UTC
First off, please please PLEASE talk to Lego about this. Yes, I know the Cuusoo Rifter got tons of votes but didn't get selected by Lego, but I'd like to think that you guys could work out a deal with them to license the ship models. Knowing Lego, they'll probably only produce 5-6 models per year so you guys could keep this up for a long while and eventually produce the entire line of Eve ships (well, maybe not faction variants of standard T1 hulls, or maybe you could sell some sort of conversion kit to replace the outer parts with the right colours). There's enough OCD people that collect Lego that would dump tons of money to obtain the entire series of ships (or at least a good chunk of them). On top of all this, you could arrange with Lego to release a "regular" version of each ship over time (think models ranging from 300 pcs to like 1200 pcs... maybe with larger ships, these sets would include a mini model or two of some sma) and release a UCS (Ultimate Collectors Series) version of the most iconic ships (3500+ pcs / fancy authenticity card / special in game item maybe) , perhaps a new one every 6-9 months.

As for ships, I'd like to see the Noctis and Vargur. If you were to release a very highly detailed UCS model, I think the Rifter would be a good ship to start with.
Katrina Bekers
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#105 - 2014-03-26 16:09:36 UTC
Comet

Around the size of the CE's Rifter USB hub.

Plastic ok. That-weird-stone-like-material used for the old tier 2 battleship is fine, too, but only with a non-insane price tag.

<< THE RABBLE BRIGADE >>

Cylin Rath
#106 - 2014-03-26 16:10:28 UTC
Vigilant

Assembled, Painted, LED Lighting, Common scale ratio among other ships in the same class.
Katrina Bekers
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#107 - 2014-03-26 16:10:33 UTC
Myrmidon

20-25 cm tall.

Same material as above.

<< THE RABBLE BRIGADE >>

GeeShizzle MacCloud
#108 - 2014-03-26 16:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: GeeShizzle MacCloud
Machariel for sure

Manticore

Kronos in bastion

Curse with the blue lighting

Revelation

Nyx
Indrid Hot
Bartertowne Corporation
#109 - 2014-03-26 16:10:48 UTC
Indrid Hot wrote:
ARCHON

Well... at least a nod to the capitals should be done.
I can see myself placing together 2ft versions unpainted like that of a basic model. Building them is at least 1/2 the fun. What else are we gonna do during those long hauls cross universe? Build models!

Might I also suggest a Tech 3 action figure line with swappable components/subsystems?

As for difficulty of construction, I think I would get the most joy out of one that's around a Master Grade gundam kit.
Euphemios Ardelean
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2014-03-26 16:11:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Euphemios Ardelean
Leviathan
18.71 Inches long.
Pre-Painted and Assembled
Resin
Ruckus Krelboyne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2014-03-26 16:12:38 UTC
They're all great. I know of many I'd love to get my mitts on. Too numerous to list, really. I'd love a miniatures game-piece sized series, too. I'd love a Purifier and the rest of the stealth bombers to grace my desk. I know I'd buy the Orca & Mining Barges, too. I guess I'd do my damndest to collect each ship you produced, like some sort of obsessed fiend.
Cylin Rath
#112 - 2014-03-26 16:12:40 UTC
Taranis

Assembled, Painted, LED Lighting, Common scale ratio among other ships in the same class.
Arianna HurfBlurfington
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2014-03-26 16:12:41 UTC
The Rokh.

Any size.

Unpainted would be okay but Painted would be awesome.

Wouldn't hurt if they were the size of the models in Firestorm Armada either Blink
Tenkrall
Where The Smeg Are We...
#114 - 2014-03-26 16:13:38 UTC
All of the ships need to be made into pre-made and painted models, either:

A. You start off with the frigates, make them a few inches tall, with a little stand aswell. Then destroyers, which are a few inches bigger than the frigates, etc, etc.

OR

B. Make them all just big enough to put small LEDs into them to light up the major lighting points on the ship......

Plus, a large Police Pursuit Comet with full flashing LED lighting effects!!!
afkboss
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#115 - 2014-03-26 16:14:57 UTC
kronos and paladin

because
Aimee Maken
Atasaki Holdings
#116 - 2014-03-26 16:15:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Aimee Maken
vindicator, the all black sexy

paladin, the iron man

Scorip, the only ship whos model looks like the name.

naga/talos/oracle/nado, the T3 BCs are some of the best ones in game.

naglf, vertical

nyx, the best looking super of all

rifter, the icon of eve.
Aegis Kashniir
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#117 - 2014-03-26 16:15:21 UTC
all the combat capitals and T3s with the ability to change the modules on them
Tsukinosuke
Id Est
RAZOR Alliance
#118 - 2014-03-26 16:16:36 UTC
new apocalypse and paladin is ok but i would like to see navpoc old cool looking..

anti-antagonist "not a friend of enemy of antagonist"

Norber Madeveda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#119 - 2014-03-26 16:17:38 UTC
http://wizkidsgames.com/startrek/star-trek-attack-wing/
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174

CCP Please do something like this. Start with a Frigate (or Cruiser) base game and release expansion (ship packs) Please note the price point (this is what killed the previous ship models you used to offer) You can add Larger ships as expansions.

Also the ships in eve look way better than those in either of the 2 currently available games.
Armelius Blangquitz
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#120 - 2014-03-26 16:17:42 UTC
Oracle

Sentinel

Naga

Heron

Abbadon

And I want them huge