These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Rep someone in limited engagement - get gun timer

First post
Author
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-03-26 13:02:35 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Rep someone in a limited engagement, make you suspect, and whats worse give you a weapons timer so you cant dock, thanks CCP \/

Post the loss mail please.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-03-26 13:04:18 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
Post the loss mail please.

I cannot as this would remove 1 layer of my forum alt identity, but it happened

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#23 - 2014-03-26 13:09:31 UTC
mkint
#24 - 2014-03-26 13:10:23 UTC
It's things like this that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You thought you were going to get to screw someone over with no consequences. That's soooo freakin' hilarious.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-03-26 13:13:37 UTC
What Im hearing is that someone tried to do the now dead form of highsec pvp that is engage war targets, and rep with untouchable neutral alts in logi.

Yep, cause it was so much fun right? Nope, how it works now is a gazillion times better.
Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-03-26 13:16:16 UTC
Actualy I was bored, I saw someone about the get worked over by someone using 2 logistic alts. decided to help the underdog and got spanked by most of local for doing so.

All this does is make people need 2 logistic alts to do this

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-03-26 13:20:03 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Actualy I was bored, I saw someone about the get worked over by someone using 2 logistic alts. decided to help the underdog and got spanked by most of local for doing so.

All this does is make people need 2 logistic alts to do this

And again youre wrong, but do go ahead and try to use 2 logi alts for your war toon, it still wont work.

To put it into perspective, the last time I saw someone trying to use neutral alts was marmites, they lost about 5 of them and a bhaalgorn.
It wont work, unless youre in an empty (or atleast mostly empty) system.
And thats a GOOD THING.
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#28 - 2014-03-26 13:24:36 UTC
It's almost like... your actions have consequences...

o/
Darkblad
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-03-26 15:00:00 UTC
Well, it's not like that had to come unexpected, right? When you turn your brain off, keep your safety on.

NPEISDRIP

Pepizaur
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-03-26 19:24:10 UTC
Speaking from personal experience, the issue with this system isn't that it enables pvp it's how it goes about it. We were heading back from something (I don't remember exactly what) but we encountered a flashy onieros and seeing as we were in fleet, ready for a fight we went for it, knowing full well that this is highsec and this dude is was probably baiting. The issue came when our logi (who was part of the fleet, in corp and fully participating in an already active wardec) went to rep someone taking damage as is the purpose of bringing logi in the first place. Since he hadn't started a limited engagement with the suspect before repping ( I don't know if this would have helped) instead of just inheriting the limited engagement with the suspect onieros he went suspect himself along with one of his cap buddies. We kill the onieros but now his buddies are all over out guardian. We're able to out-rep their damage (further spreading the suspect flag to the final logi) but he is severely tackled as it were, so we get to bump him 25km back to the gate where he jumps through, and docks up with the rest of the fleet as we wait out the suspect timer.

This just seems clunky. There was no attempt to cheese the system as it were, just rep a corp mate. I get why we the aggressors get the limited engagement what I don't get is why the logi doesn't just inherit the limited engagement with the original suspect target. let's be clear, this wasn't a case of 3rd party or nuetral logi on a war decced target, just a member of a fleet doing what we brought him to do.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-03-26 19:32:56 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Rep someone in a limited engagement, make you suspect, and whats worse give you a weapons timer so you cant dock, thanks CCP \/

It isn't limited to high sec. If you want to be around suspects/pirates then you are going to given a flag for assisting them.
Aeon Boirelle
Roudy Rough Bois
#32 - 2014-03-26 20:53:28 UTC
I'm just saying that maybe if your gonna punish a logi with suspect status and gun timers, maybe they should actually be on the kill mail. Why only give them the risk but not the reward.
45thtiger 0109
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#33 - 2014-03-26 22:36:49 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Yup I know that now. I miss the old mechanics. The good mechanics. Hell I miss old eve, this new eve is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed up

As someone said in this thread the new mechanics are working as intended.

By the way you should had asked someone what changes have been made in eve or go to to eve wiki and find out that way.

Here is a link for you Eve Crime Watch

And fly safeCool

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-03-27 03:29:42 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:

This is a good thing. Don't want to be involved in a fight? Don't get involved in one.
Domania
NOMADS.
#35 - 2014-03-27 03:34:34 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Yup I know that now. I miss the old mechanics. The good mechanics. Hell I miss old eve, this new eve is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed up

The 'Old Eve' is what you miss?
Ha... haha...
Yes, the days of fighting WT's that would play risk free with a neutral logistics butt buddy. O the logistics reps, switch to him, he just docks up, your war targets was able to deaggro and dock back up in his little safe house.

Very compelling mechanics you love. It's too bad they were broken unfair mechanics that needed to be fixed back in 2007. Neut logistics should have always gotten an undockable aggro timer just like any other combat ships gets for engaging in combat.
You're just fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#36 - 2014-03-27 11:29:52 UTC
Prie Mary wrote:
Yeah I was just certain that I would only get a suspect flag. Not the gun timer which stops you docking

This old broken ability to escape any consequences is one important reason why it was changed.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-03-27 11:36:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
CCP puts more handholding in the game than ever before.

And people still manage to FUBAR in high sec.

Then they complain about it and blame CCP.

Then they talk about the stupid people who bring this stuff on themselves like they're the victims, when they're only victims of their own FUBAR.

Thank you Falcon for what amounted to a cordial HTFU, you took the words right out of my mouth.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-03-27 12:25:50 UTC
Pepizaur wrote:
I get why we the aggressors get the limited engagement what I don't get is why the logi doesn't just inherit the limited engagement with the original suspect target.

Yeah... this was a hot topic when crimewatch 2.0 came out. Ultimately it was down to the devs not wanting to reproduce the tangled web of inherited person-to-person flags they were specifically trying to get away from in the first place.

It does suck for pure logi though; need an offensive mod of some kind to trigger an LE with the target. The one improvement that would be nice is if we could trigger an LE without having to fire an offensive mod; e.g. something similar to the way kill rights work now, where you "activate" an LE with a criminal/suspect target directly via the UI rather than it being tied to an offensive mod. Course, the downside to something like that... http://i.imgur.com/wBmO6ib.jpg
Sarah McKnobbo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-03-27 12:27:51 UTC
How dare my actions have (well established and documented) consequences! CCP this is an outrage!
Marcia en Welle
Doomheim
#40 - 2014-03-27 12:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcia en Welle
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
You interacted.

You got interacted with.

I don't see the problem.

Best reply to a whiny forum warrior I've seen for a while. That should be Eve's new motto whenever some carebear comes whining to the forums.

Tyburn Stannis wrote:
It's almost like... your actions have consequences...

o/
Previous page123Next page