These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Full ore hold alarm?

Author
AgentMaster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-03-19 05:57:12 UTC  |  Edited by: AgentMaster
I need this alarm more than speak - "The asteroid is depleeted" I can see that too, but there is that "warning" Ugh
Those whu dont need them - let just disabled it from setting.

Blessed is the man who has nothing to say and remain silent yet!!

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-03-19 10:13:40 UTC
If you take away the need to be attentive you take away the only advantage the ATK miner has over the AFK miners.
Dr0000 Maulerant
Union Nanide and Tooling
#23 - 2014-03-19 13:13:08 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
If you take away the need to be attentive you take away the only advantage the ATK miner has over the AFK miners.

Other than the fact that an AFK miner cannot actually mine?

HS rocks aren't very big.

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur. 

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#24 - 2014-03-19 14:02:18 UTC
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:

again - I think that's balance - on the risk-reward front.... more dangerous rocks - more dangerous space.

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#25 - 2014-03-19 15:32:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:

and yet afk mining is rampant

there are plenty of rocks big enough to fill more than half a mack from empty. with two of these rocks in range u never have to do anything till ur full.

edit, and then of course theres ice...

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Cekle Skyscales
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-03-19 17:59:58 UTC
AgentMaster wrote:
When ore hold is full, lasers just shut off silently!

If they had a shut-off sound similar to the "chunk!" sound the Salvager makes, that would be kinda nice.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-03-20 01:56:40 UTC
AgentMaster wrote:
When ore hold is full, lasers just shut off silently!
That's the alarm. It's just as loud as the sound of your little-brother-who-never-shuts-up who has gone suddenly silent, and their are unfamiliar footsteps in the house...

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-03-20 02:05:44 UTC
+1 for quality of life improvement!

Ignore the neysayers that love sitting and starring at the screen just to go blind and gather hemorrhoids.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Khoul Ay'd
The Affiliation
#29 - 2014-03-20 03:14:36 UTC
Do you realize how annoying it would be flying your Orca to market with a full ore bay. I can hear it now:

Dammit computer, I know the ore bay is full, that's the point!P

The things we do today we must live with forever.... Think about it

AgentMaster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-03-20 12:17:54 UTC  |  Edited by: AgentMaster
Its one time alarm for miners! The asteroid depleeted is annoying?! Idea
The mining is annoying enough - this will sound good like "Wake up men, the hold is full - time to go..." Big smile

Kasife Vynneve
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-03-25 20:57:57 UTC
If you stop paying attention to even a moderately boosted Hulk its your own loss and the game does not need to be changed to cater for players with a lack of attention capacity.
Cathy Mikakka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-03-25 21:00:48 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Vesan Terakol wrote:
Why would you not need an alarm? You might have several accounts running simultaneously. One could calculate the exact moment his cargo fills up and put a stopwatch on his desk. Or, we could et a voice notification, like for almost anything else. There is no good reason not to have one.

if ur playing with more accounts than u can handle, perhaps lower the number of accounts ur playing with?

kinda falls into the same area as ppl wanting to extend the Hulks ore hold because they couldnt keep up with the lasers.

If you can't spell like a person, perhaps consider stop posting?
Marsan
#33 - 2014-03-25 23:18:26 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Why would you need an alarm? You can see what you have in your ore hold at any time.

Yeah, but mining is so boring plus corp chat and hulu keeps distracting me. If I wanted to pay attention I'd be doing something other than mining. Seriously the only thing worse than mining is paying attention while mining.

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

Tarsas Phage
Sniggerdly
#34 - 2014-03-25 23:26:37 UTC
Marsan wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
Why would you need an alarm? You can see what you have in your ore hold at any time.

Yeah, but mining is so boring plus corp chat and hulu keeps distracting me. If I wanted to pay attention I'd be doing something other than mining. Seriously the only thing worse than mining is paying attention while mining.

Then don't mine if you don't like doing it? Do I honestly need to make this suggestion?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#35 - 2014-03-26 00:47:54 UTC
Silly questions and silly answers, people.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#36 - 2014-03-26 02:57:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrified
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:
Seriously, pulling the botting card here is weak sauce people. PVP players get warnings when anything you use runs out of ammo, you get gate flashes and wh thumps and all kinds of useful things when you are semi-AFK.

There is NO reason not to have an audible cue for this.

Do you know how annoying that sound is? Do we really need another annoying sound? Toggle on/off and sure, I would be fine with it.

Whatever anyone thinks, the idea is not a bad idea. While it is not something that is needed, just as the warnings about damage levels are not needed (though the damage warnings are more useful where combat tunnel vision may blind you - mining has nothing similar unless you are watching a movie - of which I am guilty), the idea itself is not bad.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#37 - 2014-03-26 04:29:41 UTC
AgentMaster wrote:
Why there is no signal for full ore hold while mining?! There is a speak for destroyed asteroid and nothing for full ore hold :(

The only thing you have to look when you are mining is what you are mining and if you have enough cargo to mine it...

So, if it is too hard for you, I think you should not mine.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

AgentMaster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-05-29 17:56:00 UTC
Cardano Firesnake if i not like to mine i didnt make that suggest!!! Why when the minners want something usefull for their work allways appear ppl who didnt mine at all and say "NO"?!
Hope CCP include sound for full ore hold in new audio menu!

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#39 - 2014-05-29 18:09:45 UTC
Cathy Mikakka wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Vesan Terakol wrote:
Why would you not need an alarm? You might have several accounts running simultaneously. One could calculate the exact moment his cargo fills up and put a stopwatch on his desk. Or, we could et a voice notification, like for almost anything else. There is no good reason not to have one.

if ur playing with more accounts than u can handle, perhaps lower the number of accounts ur playing with?

kinda falls into the same area as ppl wanting to extend the Hulks ore hold because they couldnt keep up with the lasers.

If you can't spell like a person, perhaps consider stop posting?

except i can spell.

i ju5t cho05e n0t t0. wh4t u gonn4 d0 4bout 1t!?

agent, i am a miner, and i try to pay attention.

its within my best interest that ppl that dont pay attention, like urself, lose out. that way ppl who are putting the work in make more money than those that dont. and that's good for the game.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#40 - 2014-05-29 18:09:54 UTC
Mining definitely needs more support for AFK play. Roll

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Previous page123Next page