These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Low sec people - for whom should I vote?

Author
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2014-03-24 18:26:12 UTC
Sugar Kyle, DJ Funkybacon and Gorski Car, in the order of your choice. All have solid credentials and good ideas.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-03-24 18:57:18 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Sugar Kyle, DJ Funkybacon and Gorski Car, in the order of your choice. All have solid credentials and good ideas.

Sugar Kyle. I'm not familiar with the other two guys, but I'll take your word for it.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#23 - 2014-03-24 19:01:46 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

Sugar Kyle. I'm not familiar with the other two guys, but I'll take your word for it.

Funkybacon is an EVE Radio DJ and long time gallente faction warfare guy. Knows his **** when it comes to FW and has some good ideas for lowsec in general. I would suggest checking out his thread in the CSM Campaigns forum and decide from there.

Gorski I've heard less about but seems to be a solid candidate and a lot of the low seccers I know have said theyre considering backing him. Again check his CSM campaigns thread and decide from there.

you're welcome

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#24 - 2014-03-24 19:47:20 UTC
There is this presumption that electing someone from lowsec or with a lowsec focus is going to get anything done for lowsec.

The CSM doesn't work that way. What genuine CSM initiatives have actually born fruit in the last 3 years?

Every candidate promises a mile long list of reforms and ideas, and 99% of them will never see the light of day.

Elect the person you think is most deserving of free trips to Iceland and is most likely to call out CCP on being mentally ******** when they act so.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#25 - 2014-03-24 19:56:58 UTC
And how are they going to tell CCP they're being stupid if they know nothing about the area they claim to support?

Having someone knowledgeable about our area is going to help even if what you suggest is all they end up being able to do.

you're welcome

Anslo
Scope Works
#26 - 2014-03-24 20:24:05 UTC
This division of candidates and regional representation is detrimental to Eve yet continues to be perpetuated.

I will not vote for a candidate claiming to represent low or high or nul. I will vote for a candidate who represents Eve, and sees the game for all its parts, not some.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Mario Putzo
#27 - 2014-03-24 20:28:15 UTC
Anslo wrote:
This division of candidates and regional representation is detrimental to Eve yet continues to be perpetuated.

I will not vote for a candidate claiming to represent low or high or nul. I will vote for a candidate who represents Eve, and sees the game for all its parts, not some.

Vote for me then, I think all of EVE is equally ****.
Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-03-24 21:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Balshem Rozenzweig
Anslo wrote:

if CSM is fractured and you think a candidate should represent everyone, and wait for this canditate you are delluded and weaken your own position. If null people say they have plans for null we should counter them with people from lowsec. This is how democracy works and thinking it's a bunch of people coming together hoping to please their neighbour is just silly.

Not that I think CSM election is that important - just saying your logic is broken.

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#29 - 2014-03-24 22:11:05 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Some love to nonFW income generation/conflict drivers though, that is essential imo and about the only real lacking element presently in LS. Having the highend planet/moon material from NS flipped into LS would do this, as well as help solve some issues in NS I believe.
Yes, yes, move everything into lowsec, we've heard it. The best you could hope for if they did that is a massive blob coming and jacking your systems.

Low sec should not be the be all and end all of the game, no matter how much you wish it was.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Mario Putzo
#30 - 2014-03-24 22:17:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Lucas Kell wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Some love to nonFW income generation/conflict drivers though, that is essential imo and about the only real lacking element presently in LS. Having the highend planet/moon material from NS flipped into LS would do this, as well as help solve some issues in NS I believe.
Yes, yes, move everything into lowsec, we've heard it. The best you could hope for if they did that is a massive blob coming and jacking your systems.

Low sec should not be the be all and end all of the game, no matter how much you wish it was.

Lol this guy, LS the be all end all of the game hue hue hue!

"Don't take my gooo man!, its for your own good!"

So apart from the hordes of NS descending upon LS for moons (which will just get flipped again anyway) is there any other reason why this would be bad? Or do you legitimately think you can contest lowsec system in the same way you do NS systems?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#31 - 2014-03-24 22:24:06 UTC
Don't listen to all the people saying, "it doesn't matter, don't vote". People listening to that tooth-gnashing whiny nonsense is precisely why it might not matter. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.

If you give a damn and don't vote for a candidate with your interests in mind, then you are the one who doesn't matter.

Vote, it takes minutes, and it might bear fruit that will help you for all your game lifetime.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#32 - 2014-03-24 22:27:31 UTC
I'm voting for Mizhir!

I like Bacon.

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Tetsel
House Amamake
#33 - 2014-03-25 11:50:19 UTC
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
There is this presumption that electing someone from lowsec or with a lowsec focus is going to get anything done for lowsec.

The CSM doesn't work that way. What genuine CSM initiatives have actually born fruit in the last 3 years?

Every candidate promises a mile long list of reforms and ideas, and 99% of them will never see the light of day.

Elect the person you think is most deserving of free trips to Iceland and is most likely to call out CCP on being mentally ******** when they act so.

The idea is not voting for a candidate that will take some "initiative" for LS or makes some promises, but somebody that know enought how LS works, to give good feedback to CCP or warn them if CCP comes up with a terrible idea. (See last year Greyscale ideas about gate sentry guns)

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#34 - 2014-03-25 13:54:11 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Tetsel wrote:
I think the fact that the vote will be sealed by 0.0 voters, close all discussion about a serious LS candidate to be efficient, if elected, in the CSM.

Pretty much, and CCP hates LS anyway so there is that to deal with too.

I'm sure it's not hate, more a distrust / dislike issue

look back to all the updates for the last Two years.

list all the changes impacting lowsec.

tldr; CCP hates lowsec
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#35 - 2014-03-25 14:00:48 UTC
Vote for MTU!

MTU has proven to deliver the goods time and time again!

MTU can be with you on every roam!

MTU doesnt get angry when under attack!

MTU even deploys where no POS dares to tread!

A Vote For MTU Is A Vote For Yourself!

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#36 - 2014-03-25 14:07:45 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
Mario Putzo wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Mario Putzo you are making a ton of sense bud. Besides, I don't think LS needs a lot of CSM attention to be honest.

While some mechanics are obviously not perfect, it allows for the loose gameplay style most of LS cowboys crave. Lowsec is in quite a good spot at the moment with FW and Clone rat spawns as income sources. I even know a guy that mines insane amounts of ice without getting caught. People are having fun in LS as far as I can judge, together with wspace I think it actually functions somewhat as intended: at least well enough for people not to complain all the time, but to keep playing the game!

LS imho is close to being the most balanced and pure portion of this game. Apart from the little resource flip I would do, it is in a decent place. L5 missions provide really good reward for their risk, mining provides moderate reward for risk. POS and POCO rewards are lacking imo however.

As far as combat drivers, FW is obviously huge, but outside of that it is kind of lacking, an increase in "reason" is needed for nonFW groups imo, and again making POCO/POS conflict more rewarding could lead to an uptick in wars and such, which is always healthy for the game.

The nice thing about LS is that it gets bleed through for changes in both HS and NS so it keeps it in a relevant space.

agreed, the only thing wrong regarding lowsec is not by itself, directly related to lowsec.

the problem is the risk vs reward of lowsec.

it is more risky than both low and null, yet bring less income than those two.

this would be okish if we could really control things SOV style, but it is not.

i you add to this the fact that low cannot defend himself agaisnt null, because of supers not able to be built / acuired by lowsec in number sufficent to actually even stand a chance, low is doomed from the start.

what i would like to see:

1- a rebalance of the risk/reward (could be achieve via point 3)
2- rebalance of supers in low, either by actually allowing low to build them, or making them unable to use any fighting module / drones in low
3- some kind of "sov", not as far as null indeed, but living in an area and controling it should bring some advantages, like maybe reduced pos consumption, slightly delayed sentry aggro, a slight increase in sig spawn / rat spawn / rewards on rats / better ore spawn.
of course, to keep it inline, the low bonus should be, at best, 50% of what is possible in null regarding those topics, and some null advantage shall remain in null, like managing docking rights for example

point 3 would only apply to non FW systems (some of them / all ?)
Rex Steal
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-03-25 14:13:08 UTC
Vote for whomever you like. It doesn't make any difference anymore the voting is rigged to support those that have the isk to buy there way in from the larger alliances or corporations. As well CCP seems too make changes without consideration...see nerfing missions and + 100 too multi boxing.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-03-25 14:14:23 UTC
How does one find a list of candidates and their ideals?

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#39 - 2014-03-25 14:35:49 UTC
Scroll down the forums a bit, theres a section under the Assembly Hall marked CSM Campaigns. Every serious candidate has got a thread there for their platform and answering questions.

you're welcome

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#40 - 2014-03-25 20:28:48 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Lol this guy, LS the be all end all of the game hue hue hue!

"Don't take my gooo man!, its for your own good!"

So apart from the hordes of NS descending upon LS for moons (which will just get flipped again anyway) is there any other reason why this would be bad? Or do you legitimately think you can contest lowsec system in the same way you do NS systems?
Erm, yes, I think that null blobs would overpower LS corps if they wanted to.

And the reason is because LS already has enough stuff for the inherent difficulty of the space. It's mid way between high and NPC null. I know I know you'll swear its the most skill intensive and crazily difficult places in the game, but that's only because few people properly set up there, so you're just small splinter groups of people attacking each other. If they suddenly made lowsec more profitable than null, organised groups would simply move in and dominate the income streams.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Previous page123Next page