These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Heavy Attack Drone Size Reduction

Author
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#21 - 2014-03-07 18:36:48 UTC
+1 Heavy drones are awful, this doesn't make them not awful. It does at least make them a consideration and possibly a good fit for bays with weird sized limits.
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-03-07 18:55:05 UTC
I like this idea. A lot of people are saying they still wouldn't use heavy drones, but honestly despite being slow to apply damage and such compared to sentries it gives them a niche especially on ships with odd or lower then max drone bandwidth. Considering that most lie on the side of gallente who enjoys brawling anyways I could see this change being greeted rather well.

The entire drone system needs a rebalancing pass (including Ewar/logi/support drones), but this would be an interesting patch on the system until that overhaul occurs.
Ilkahn
Ideal Mechanisms
#23 - 2014-03-24 14:20:31 UTC
I Concur with the idea of the overhaul. Heavies have ceased to be of any use whatsoever to me. PVE or PVP. IMO, as a drone head I believe having them as a short range brawler is an excellent idea.

If they get no HP boosts, then comp them with something like +50% damage and double the optimal ranges. I am quite certain this is to extreme, but honestly they are so underwater at this point it would take something like this to bring my attention to them again.

At least it allows you to drop on grid, lock a target, throw drones and engage while keeping them close to you. As I see it, without a speed boost your only use is tackling something and unleashing a brutal attack on it, Hoping to take down the object before it takes you.
Clementina
The Scope
#24 - 2014-03-24 15:44:21 UTC
Changing the Heavy Drones to 20m^3 and 20Mb of bandwidth would be a good change.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#25 - 2014-03-24 16:52:25 UTC
Clementina wrote:
Changing the Heavy Drones to 20m^3 and 20Mb of bandwidth would be a good change.

I'm honestly not sure how changing the bandwidth would impact gameplay, but I'm certainly not opposed to the idea.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#26 - 2014-03-24 16:57:00 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Clementina wrote:

I'm honestly not sure how changing the bandwidth would impact gameplay, but I'm certainly not opposed to the idea.

It would mean a ship with 100Mb bandwidth could field a full flight of 5 heavies I guess...
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#27 - 2014-03-24 17:45:52 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
It would mean a ship with 100Mb bandwidth could field a full flight of 5 heavies I guess...

I was more thinking of how it plays out with scenarios where you mix heavy, medium and light drones - especially on smaller ships or ships with low drone bandwidth. Maybe it makes more sense to reduce the size to 20 m3 and bandwidth to 15 Mbit for heavy drones?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Vinyl 41
AdVictis
#28 - 2014-03-24 19:31:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Vinyl 41
making those 20/20 sounds pretty reasonable -imagine all those 100mbit ships now webbing you and pew pewing you with a full set of heavys ( myrm op? )
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#29 - 2014-03-24 22:50:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
I get quite good performance from Ogre IIs when suicide ganking. They aren't a weapons system without merit.

Sentries can't track at all if you are in blaster range - even a Mackinaw that is stationary but tries to move as soon as you shoot it will be missed by a sentry at 3-4km range.

(Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my face after thinking about 1200 DPS Vexor gank ships if this change happens...)

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Previous page12