These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Auto Click Software?

Author
MonkeyMagic Thiesant
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-03-23 19:27:21 UTC
People got banned for this before.

Regardless of how you interpret the EULA, this is bypassing the limitations of the autopilot. That's never going to be accepted.
Serene Repose
#22 - 2014-03-23 19:32:30 UTC
This is really my kind of thread. It begins with someone saying nothing of any consequence and ends in a massive
bandwidth expenditure to hold the plethora of equally inconsequential responses.

+1 for nothing in particular.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

I Riven I
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-03-23 19:38:35 UTC  |  Edited by: I Riven I
Everyone uses macros in this game.

The UI is made for it.

You can even macro mining bot, so easy to make your own bot with macro express, takes 5 minutes to get a mining bot going in this game.

Repeated actions? Random delays + random places to warp and mine.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-03-23 20:47:53 UTC
Automating input of the game is not allowed by the EULA.

Unless you do it on multiple characters at once. Then it's called multiboxing and magically allowed.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#25 - 2014-03-23 21:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: LordOfDespair
TigerXtrm wrote:
Automating input of the game is not allowed by the EULA.

Unless you do it on multiple characters at once. Then it's called multiboxing and magically allowed.

^

The EULA says you cannot automate if it " facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play"

So technically it isn't against the rules.

But I still don't understand how ISboxer isn't...

You make a ton of ISK that wouldn't normally be possible.

Edit: It seems like programmable keyboards/mice are allowed.

They really need to clean their rules up, too vague.
Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-03-23 21:14:29 UTC
Anything which automates gameplay. Like what your suggesting is a nono.

You have to physicaly be controlling any game inputs yourself.

Now if it is truly for the purpose of traveling whilst making a drink, why not get a wireless mouse, plant the cursor over the warp/jump, and carry the mouse in your hand counting to 3 and clicking every 3 seconds. just aim the lazer/optics of the mouse in the air so it does not move cursor position :)

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#27 - 2014-03-23 21:18:17 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
The EULA says you cannot automate if it " facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play"

Sure it is. You get to where you're going faster than if you had left the ship to its own devices.

Quote:
But I still don't understand how ISboxer isn't.
Because it doesn't let you gain anything at an accelerated rate and because it only responds 1:1 to direct user input.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#28 - 2014-03-23 21:19:15 UTC
Admits to creating botting functionality.

Attempts to defend doing so.

Nice knowing you.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-03-23 21:22:25 UTC
Anything that does the work for you when you are not there is going to get you banned.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#30 - 2014-03-23 21:23:10 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Nice knowing you.

Macro isn't the same as bot.

I only asked a question, Don't dramatize.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-03-23 21:27:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
LordOfDespair wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Nice knowing you.

There was a thread on the forums a long time ago about somebody getting banned for using his Keyboard or mouse (can't Remember) build in macro functions. It basically allowed him to warp to 0 to gate jump and repeat until he reached his destination.

In any event. I have already logged a petition for botting using this thread as evidence. Since you said you already made it.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#32 - 2014-03-23 21:37:03 UTC  |  Edited by: LordOfDespair
Cannibal Kane wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Nice knowing you.

There was a thread on the forums a long time ago about somebody getting banned for using his Keyboard or mouse (can't Remember) build in macro functions. It basically allowed him to warp to 0 to gate jump and repeat until he reached his destination.

In any event. I have already logged a petition for botting using this thread as evidence. Since you said you already made it.

I've always wondered if abusing painkillers is illegal, oh and I have some in my medicine cabinet.

Why don't you call the police and also report that while you are at it? Roll
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-03-23 21:37:32 UTC
Tippia wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:

Sure it is. You get to where you're going faster than if you had left the ship to its own devices.

Quote:
Because it doesn't let you gain anything at an accelerated rate and because it only responds 1:1 to direct user input.

It responds 1:1 to direct user input for dozens of open windows at the same time. When 20 mining ships all lock a rock and activate their lasers within the same microsecond of each other, that is by definition an accelerated rate. Going over 20 screens and manually locking and activating would take much much longer. Also I don't believe for a second that someone running a 20 character mining fleet is going window to window to empty their cargoholds.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#34 - 2014-03-23 21:39:09 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Tippia wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:

Quote:

It responds 1:1 to direct user input for dozens of open windows at the same time. When 20 mining ships all lock a rock and activate their lasers within the same microsecond of each other, that is by definition an accelerated rate. Going over 20 screens and manually locking and activating would take much much longer. Also I don't believe for a second that someone running a 20 character mining fleet is going window to window to empty their cargoholds.

Its obvious that ISboxer gives an unfair advantage. The rules are dumb.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#35 - 2014-03-23 21:40:44 UTC
So, why bother asking on the forums in the first place, if when we all say "yes, it's against the rules" you get your jimmies rustled by the answer?

Or are you just fishing for an immediate ban when a dev sees this thread instead?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#36 - 2014-03-23 21:40:58 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
It responds 1:1 to direct user input for dozens of open windows at the same time.
…and all that matters is the 1:1 rate.

Quote:
When 20 mining ships all lock a rock and activate their lasers within the same microsecond of each other, that is by definition an accelerated rate.
No, it's not, since any other 20 ships would gain the same amount of ore in the same amount of time — i.e. at the same rate. Even multi-boxing it manually would yield the same rate, only staggered.
LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#37 - 2014-03-23 21:46:03 UTC  |  Edited by: LordOfDespair
Tippia wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
It responds 1:1 to direct user input for dozens of open windows at the same time.
…and all that matters is the 1:1 rate.

Quote:
When 20 mining ships all lock a rock and activate their lasers within the same microsecond of each other, that is by definition an accelerated rate.
No, it's not, since any other 20 ships would gain the same amount of ore in the same amount of time — i.e. at the same rate. Even multi-boxing it manually would yield the same rate, only staggered.

Auto clicking the warp button will get you to the destination at the same speed as if you sat there and did it yourself.

ISboxing lets you use 20 accounts perfectly where as trying to do it without would be extremely hard or impossible.

One does the same thing as before, another is able to do much more than before.

The advantage is obvious.

This thread is now more about why ISboxer is allowed while other things aren't.

If you are going to ban one, ban them all. Why does ISboxer get special privileges?
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2014-03-23 21:52:01 UTC
use macro set time in the interval between 1/5 random sec this is most accurate you can get to a human click. But if its forbidden i don`t know. i don`t use macro`s or program`s
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#39 - 2014-03-23 21:52:41 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Auto clicking the warp button will get you to the destination at the same speed as if you sat there and did it yourself.
…but faster than if you didn't use the macro, since doing so would leave you hanging in space for long periods of time. So: at an accelerated speed.

If you want to travel at the faster speed, you have to do exactly what you describe and sit there. If you want to travel while AFK, you have to use the autopilot. Travelling as if at the keyboard when you're AFK is what makes it a violation of the EULA.

Quote:
ISboxing lets you use 20 accounts perfectly where as trying to do it without would be extremely hard or impossible.
No. One does something that can't be done before; the other does the same as any other 20 accounts in the same situation.

Quote:
The advantage of the macro is obvious, yes, which is why they are not allowed and why people have been banned for using them.

Quote:
If you are going to ban one, ban them all. Why does ISboxer get special privileges?
It doesn't get any special privileges — it simply doesn't break the rules.
LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#40 - 2014-03-23 22:00:13 UTC  |  Edited by: LordOfDespair
Tippia wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:
…but faster than if you didn't use the macro, since doing so would leave you hanging in space for long periods of time. So: at an accelerated speed.

If you want to travel at the faster speed, you have to do exactly what you describe and sit there. If you want to travel while AFK, you have to use the autopilot. Travelling as if at the keyboard when you're AFK is what makes it a violation of the EULA.

Quote:
No. One does something that can't be done before; the other does the same as any other 20 accounts in the same situation.

Quote:
The advantage of the macro is obvious, yes, which is why they are not allowed and why people have been banned for using them.

Quote:
It doesn't get any special privileges — it simply doesn't break the rules.

Flawed logic.

"One does something that can't be done before; the other does the same as any other 20 accounts in the same situation. "

Using 20 accounts perfectly is something that cannot be done before. Thus ISboxer breaks the rules.