These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Auto Click Software?

Author
LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#1 - 2014-03-23 18:09:57 UTC
So I've made this little program that will click my mouse for me every 3 seconds.

I thought I'd use it to click jump to the next gate while I refill a drink or take a quick bathroom break.

What are the rules regarding this? I know that programs that do complex things like mining (lol) are banned obviously. But what about an auto clicker? All it does is just click the mouse.

Thanks!
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#2 - 2014-03-23 18:11:38 UTC
AFAIK its a bannable offense

If its not, I know a LOT of folks that will hunt you down and kill you again and and again and again and again until you yell Baggins.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#3 - 2014-03-23 18:13:28 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

If its not, I know a LOT of folks that will hunt you down and kill you again and and again and again and again until you yell Baggins.

Not worried about that.

Only want to know what the GMs say about it.
brinelan
#4 - 2014-03-23 18:15:07 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Not worried about that.

then petition and ask a gm.
Adaris
#5 - 2014-03-23 18:15:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Adaris
^

Maybe you should ask a GM?

*Edit: Great minds think alike (I'm sure)

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-23 18:16:22 UTC
It is theoretically illegal.

Having said that.

there is a little saying in the united states - dont ask, dont tell. Im not american, but i like that saying.

since there is no way for eve online game code to detect simple macro programs that move and click mouse and keyboard, clever people who know how to keep their mouths shut are, let say, using their imaginations to the fullest.

Theoretically it is possible to fully automate mining, with multiple characters, anomaly running, and a couple of other things, without use of bots, only by using UI, overview, and mouse/keyboard macros. You just have to be smart about it.

Disclosure: I havent done any illegal activities that breach the EULA, I merely engage in theoretical discussions on the topic.
Jason Station
Critical Mass Inc
#7 - 2014-03-23 18:18:06 UTC
You are automating gameplay, that is not allowed. If you want the official reply from a GM, hit F12 and submit a ticket. GM conversations are not posted in the forums (usually).
LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#8 - 2014-03-23 18:19:02 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
It is theoretically illegal.

Having said that.

there is a little saying in the united states - dont ask, dont tell. Im not american, but i like that saying.

since there is no way for eve online game code to detect simple macro programs that move and click mouse and keyboard, clever people who know how to keep their mouths shut are, let say, using their imaginations to the fullest.

Theoretically it is possible to fully automate mining, with multiple characters, anomaly running, and a couple of other things, without use of bots, only by using UI, overview, and mouse/keyboard macros. You just have to be smart about it.

Disclosure: I havent done any illegal activities that breach the EULA, I merely engage in theoretical discussions on the topic.

Not talking about automating anything that is done within the game. That is not allowed and not what I'm even trying to do.

All I want is to have my mouse click every 3 seconds. No automatic moving, no fancy scripts... Just click :P.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-03-23 18:19:27 UTC
If it repeats at exactly the same interval every time, I think he could raise warning flags.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#10 - 2014-03-23 18:19:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
LordOfDespair wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Not worried about that.

Ticket, GM etc

See above

Also, I dont think they will take a bright view on your assertation that clicking icons is not something in the game thats being automated.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-03-23 18:21:58 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
If it repeats at exactly the same interval every time, I think he could raise warning flags.

nope, thats not how eve client works. and the theoretical solution if youre paranoid, is to build in random variance of half a second or so to your macro clicks, or set the macro cycle of 10 clicks each with different timings manually, for example.
Jason Station
Critical Mass Inc
#12 - 2014-03-23 18:28:01 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

nope, thats not how eve client works. and the theoretical solution if youre paranoid, is to build in random variance of half a second or so to your macro clicks, or set the macro cycle of 10 clicks each with different timings manually, for example.

Actually if you watched the security videos from a couple years ago the discuss exactly this if I recall correctly.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-03-23 18:33:20 UTC
Jason Station wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

Actually if you watched the security videos from a couple years ago the discuss exactly this if I recall correctly.

if they implemented this feature as far as couple of years back, it doesnt work as intended, not on macros anyways.
LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#14 - 2014-03-23 18:55:28 UTC  |  Edited by: LordOfDespair
I talked to the GMs and they weren't very helpful. They were so vague and wouldn't confirm or deny anything.

They directed me to the EULA and technically what I want to do should be okay. However the ELUA is so vague also that it raises uncertainty.

I think if somebody is allowed to ISbox 20+ accounts and make billions of isk, this shouldn't really be cared about either.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#15 - 2014-03-23 18:56:35 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
I talked to the GMs and they weren't very helpful. They were so vague and wouldn't confirm or deny anything.

They directed me to the EULA and technically what I want to do should be okay. However the ELUA is so vague also that it raises uncertainty.

I think if somebody is allowed to ISbox 20+ accounts and make billions of isk, this shouldn't really be cared about either.

Fair enough, just try not to be too upset when it happens.

LordOfDespair
Deep Dark Fantasy.
#16 - 2014-03-23 18:58:56 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:

Fair enough, just try not to be too upset when it happens.

I'll just point to the EULA and the multiboxers.
And the record will show that I asked on the forums and the GMs.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#17 - 2014-03-23 19:00:06 UTC
OP, your name is perfect. INB4 lock/deletion.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2014-03-23 19:02:53 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Not talking about automating anything that is done within the game.
…aside from jumping to the next gate. So: not allowed.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#19 - 2014-03-23 19:15:34 UTC
People who use stuff like this to play the game aren't really playing the game...a computer is playing for them, therefore , combat with people like this shouldn't really be called PvP, but PvE instead!

CCP, please remove PvP timers, limited engagements and suspect flags from people who gank people like the OP, and instead replace it with a PvE flag, because we aren't shooting a real person, only farming slightly more complex rats.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Weylin Ormand
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#20 - 2014-03-23 19:22:10 UTC
This capability is already there, it's called Autopilot P

Seriously though, aside from the risk you take during the burn time from the warp drop to the gate jump, just use the autopilot and get done with it. Sure it's a risk you take but you seem to be more concerned about your food/drink/bowels over the safety of your toon as it is.

I mine so you can have the fuel to run your POS.

Have you thanked a miner today?

123Next pageLast page