These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Nexon - Japan - payment - account, steam questions.

Author
Jean Lamarque
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-03-22 04:45:56 UTC
hi,

So I really wanted to play this game, but I couldn't get it on steam because im currently in japan. (doing an internship, over in 4 months) So the only way for me to play was to make a Nexon account, and everything was in japanese, which was rather damn bothersome.
So yeah, if you're in a country, the game ASSUMES you're of that nationality, not a good system if you ask me.
Anyway, soon the trial is gonna end, but I noticed I might have to pay in a different way, nxp? Whats that again. I fear that it wont work out.

Also, I'd rather add it to me steam when I go back to Europe. Can I do that? Will the nexon account stop working back in europe, and my 4 months wasted in this game?How is this gonna end?what should i do?

thanks
Weylin Ormand
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#2 - 2014-03-22 16:49:45 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/support/knowledge-base/article.aspx?articleId=785

Quote:
What is Nexon?

CCP Games and NEXON Co. Ltd. now have a co-publishing agreement that has brought a localized and fully supported version of EVE Online to Japan.

The CCP-NEXON partnership entails that CCP will continue to develop and host the game, as well as handle all gameplay related customer support. NEXON, meanwhile, will handle billing, billing support and local marketing/PR.

All payments made in Japan are made via NEXON’s billing system paid with NXP, the website where these are purchased is found here.

NEXON will be handling all billing related inquiries, so if any issue occurs you will need to contact them directly about it via their support system

All EVE Online game play related issues are still addressed by CCP and you may submit a petition here

I mine so you can have the fuel to run your POS.

Have you thanked a miner today?

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-03-22 21:14:16 UTC
Try this:

1. Go to www.shatteredcrystal.com
2. Buy ETC for 60 days
3. Pay it with your prefered payment choice (I personally use PayPal).
4. Redeem ETC in game for 2 PLEX.
5. Apply PLEX to account.
6. You have 60 extra days of gaming.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Jean Lamarque
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-03-23 04:41:17 UTC
So is it possible to use nexon account in europe when im back? Is it possible to swap my character over on another account or make it into another account?I really dont wanna lose this account due to some odd rules.

(they have incredible moronic rules here in japan for things you wouldn't believe it)
Weylin Ormand
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#5 - 2014-03-23 05:17:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Weylin Ormand
Jean Lamarque wrote:
So is it possible to use nexon account in europe when im back? Is it possible to swap my character over on another account or make it into another account?I really dont wanna lose this account due to some odd rules.

(they have incredible moronic rules here in japan for things you wouldn't believe it)

Lose the account, or lose the character? An account is simply a billing frame for your 3 characters allocated to it. You can always do a character transfer onto a new account that's non-Japanese so you won't lose anything. Just make sure both accounts are active before doing it, you can't transfer off an inactive account.

I mine so you can have the fuel to run your POS.

Have you thanked a miner today?

Everli Zavali
Ketchup Advisory Board
#6 - 2014-03-24 20:18:05 UTC
Weylin Ormand wrote:
Jean Lamarque wrote:

Lose the account, or lose the character? An account is simply a billing frame for your 3 characters allocated to it. You can always do a character transfer onto a new account that's non-Japanese so you won't lose anything. Just make sure both accounts are active before doing it, you can't transfer off an inactive account.

That seems like a bad deal. Having to pay $20 per character to continue playing? I'm guessing that you will be able to log into the normal account management for billing if you're in Europe. I would create a support ticket about the situation though.