These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Deadline Extension to March 31??

Author
Montine FleurdeLys
DEEP-13
#1 - 2014-03-21 15:23:28 UTC
don't know if there's been threads on this yet --

So, I reactivated a second account to get the main's name listed on the famous Sculpture. Now I hear that the deadline is extended to March 31. Does that mean that they are scooping the names up on the 31st?
My secondary account lapsed earlier this week. Did the Main's name get scooped yet or what? It was active on the date they said they were going to take the names -- Am I supposed to reactivate it yet AGAIN to get the name recorded?? Roll
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2 - 2014-03-21 15:24:32 UTC
Instead of a day, they made it a month.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#3 - 2014-03-21 15:31:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
From the devblog:

Quote:
As explained on the Worlds within a World portal over on eve.com, the snapshot of the EVE Universe was taken on March 1st. including the names of the highest skilled character on every active account, which will be engraved into the plinth on which the monument will sit.

Since March 1st, tickets have continued to flood in from both new and old players alike, requesting to be part of the monument and have their names added to the list which will be immortalized in laser etched aluminum once the monument is erected.

As such, we investigated the option to extend the deadline with our partners who are constructing the monument, and were delighted when we found out we were able to make an extension on the deadline for those who wish to be a part of the Worlds within a World celebration. We have therefore pushed the deadline back to Monday, March 31st at 23:59:59 UTC, in order for those who wish to do so to make arrangements for their characters to be included.

Once this deadline hits, we will use both the current database of names that were pulled on March 1st, along with those collected on March 31st to compile a final list that will be used for the etching process.

This means of course that if your account was active on March 1st, but will expire before the second pull of names, your name will still be included on the list regardless.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#4 - 2014-03-21 16:53:27 UTC
When again is the deadline for secret messages and videos? I have some ideas.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#5 - 2014-03-21 16:55:11 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Bonus Round Monument Edition?

ShockedBig smile

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#6 - 2014-03-21 16:59:58 UTC
I wonder what will happen if you had one character on the account with the highest SP on March 1st but had the skill queue active on a different character so on March 31st the highest SP is now the second guy? It looks like that will be the case on my "low sp alts for shiggles" account.

Hrm. I'll have them fight for it Cool
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#7 - 2014-03-21 17:02:53 UTC
I love how this whole thread is basically "I don't like to actually keep my account active yet I still feel my name should be on the monument". I'm kinda sad to see that it will be. They should have taken like 3 snapshots and should have picked only people who are on all 3. Dedication FTW!

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#8 - 2014-03-21 17:10:03 UTC
If you actually read the threads, only the OP has said anything like that, everyone else has either given answers or asked a totally different question.

o/
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#9 - 2014-03-21 17:11:11 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
I love how this whole thread is basically "I don't like to actually keep my account active yet I still feel my name should be on the monument". I'm kinda sad to see that it will be. They should have taken like 3 snapshots and should have picked only people who are on all 3. Dedication FTW!

They should have put every account with a certain length of subscription on it instead of going by a deadline. Everybody that was active for years and years and years and for some reason isn't active anymore drops off the monument, even if they may have been active and dedicated for the vast majority of EVE's existence and maybe just died from a lightning strike three months ago.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#10 - 2014-03-21 17:25:02 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
If you actually read the threads, only the OP has said anything like that, everyone else has either given answers or asked a totally different question.

o/
Yeah, so I've read. By "whole thread" I meant "reason for the threads existence".

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#11 - 2014-03-21 17:38:07 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

Bonus Round Monument Edition?

ShockedBig smile

THIS.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Janden Rynd
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-03-21 19:18:12 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Don't bother, it's even more of a scam than your operations. CCP is storing the messages on an SSD, which at maximum is rated for five years of unpowered data retention before corruption begins. After 25 years of being buried under a rock, nothing on that drive will be readable.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2014-03-22 05:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
i'm about to fact check you, but if you're right, consider my mind blown.

he speaks the truth.
Lila Merle
Paper Cats
#14 - 2014-03-22 10:18:00 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
I wonder what will happen if you had one character on the account with the highest SP on March 1st but had the skill queue active on a different character so on March 31st the highest SP is now the second guy? It looks like that will be the case on my "low sp alts for shiggles" account.

Hrm. I'll have them fight for it Cool

Got me wondering what's going to happen on an account where this newly created character has more SP than the older alt. Not that it really matters because I had thought it was only the main account that counted.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#15 - 2014-03-22 10:24:23 UTC
Lila Merle wrote:
Got me wondering what's going to happen on an account where this newly created character has more SP than the older alt. Not that it really matters because I had thought it was only the main account that counted.

It's only the main character on each active account.

However there's a couple of possibilities for the SP of characters flipping in the month:

1. Both characters are relatively young and being trained on dual training;
2. A character was bought and transferred to an existing account and then has the highest SP

There's probably other possibilities, but those ones stick out.

In either case, I can't imagine this would be very common, so it'll either slip through and both characters will be listed, or CCP will pick it up and then make a decision about which one to include.
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#16 - 2014-03-22 11:05:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Faenir Antollare
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Lila Merle wrote:

It's only the main character on each active account.

However there's a couple of possibilities for the SP of characters flipping in the month:

1. Both characters are relatively young and being trained on dual training;
2. A character was bought and transferred to an existing account and then has the highest SP

There's probably other possibilities, but those ones stick out.

In either case, I can't imagine this would be very common, so it'll either slip through and both characters will be listed, or CCP will pick it up and then make a decision about which one to include.

edit..retracted.

cynical..YES .. disapointed .. most Definitely

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife