These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone assistance to fall out of fashion ?

Author
Muck Raker
Gutter Press
#1 - 2014-03-20 17:56:29 UTC
Dodixie, one of the centres of industry for the Coriault Couture Collective, a constellation wide fashion collective, was today rocked by the news that a senior CCC designer had to be rescued by their assistants, after their fashion drone malfunctioned, causing the outfit the designer was modelling to be laced up too tightly, cracking one of the designer's ribs.

While female fashion has often included outfits that cannot be fastened by the wearer, and require assistance, such as servants for Amarr ladies, or best friends for more normal cultures, a recent trend in the Federation has been for fashion drones, which have the added advantage of preventing anyone else seeing your outfit before you reveal it, which is an important consideration for many Gallente socialites.

With the news that a malfunctioning fashion drone injured the wearer of an outfit that can only be fastened or unfastened with assistance, some have called for such drones to be made illegal, due to safety concerns.

"What if someone's drone laced up their dress so tight they passed out? The result could be tragic!" said one concerned socialite.
"I saw a video of the incident on social media", said another fashion follower. "Frankly that dress did nothing for her figure".
"I've always had my best friend do up my outfits, and I did hers." said another party goer. "We did each other's wedding dresses too, cos we were having a double ceremony. Then our husbands to be, ran off with a pair of companion drones, so we decided to just get married to each other instead."
"Drones take jobs away from hard working Minmatar immigrants!" said one local politician. "They should be outlawed".
"Look at the perversions man has wrought! The End of Civilisation is upon us!" said one former drone designer, upset at what their creations have been turned into.

Drones remain an important part of the Gallente economy and society.

Rumours, Wars, Rumours of Wars, Wars of Rumours!

Bryen Verrisai
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-03-20 18:06:23 UTC
Muck Raker wrote:

"I've always had my best friend do up my outfits, and I did hers." said another party goer. "We did each other's wedding dresses too, cos we were having a double ceremony. Then our husbands to be, ran off with a pair of companion drones, so we decided to just get married to each other instead."

Well at least someone had a happy ending.
Calairis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-03-20 18:34:21 UTC
Life's a peach when this is the worst of your worries.
Apollo Lyserius
Minerva Technologies
#4 - 2014-03-20 20:49:56 UTC
Where is the exotic dancer's opinion.
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#5 - 2014-03-20 20:53:46 UTC
Apollo Lyserius wrote:

I don't think exotic dancers wear enough clothing to require the assistance of drones to fasten it.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Apollo Lyserius
Minerva Technologies
#6 - 2014-03-20 21:04:02 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Apollo Lyserius wrote:

I don't think exotic dancers wear enough clothing to require the assistance of drones to fasten it.

You'd be surprised.