These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring back "Pin down windows"

Author
Graifazig
Extraordinary Douchebags
#1 - 2011-11-30 01:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Graifazig
Why for gods sake would someone remove this particularly useful and awesome feature from the client? Now all that button does is toggle the window colour...

I seriously don't know a single player that didn't use it, besides of newbies, who again used it once they figured out how to do so.
Athus
Arma Artificer
#2 - 2011-11-30 02:43:36 UTC
if you refer to the option that kept a window from being moved while pinned then I want to know where it is as well. Removing this is highly annoying!!!!!! ShockedEvil

PUT IT BACK OR TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE HIDING IT CCP!!!!! [sigh]
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2011-11-30 02:45:09 UTC
I believe from what they said in the patch notes that that's what was causing all of the issues with overview when (un)docking and all of that crap. I think they're working on fixing it, but took it out for now because it was causing issues.
Athus
Arma Artificer
#4 - 2011-11-30 03:55:22 UTC
mxzf wrote:
I believe from what they said in the patch notes that that's what was causing all of the issues with overview when (un)docking and all of that crap. I think they're working on fixing it, but took it out for now because it was causing issues.

thanks for the info, I musta missed that in the notes. Still annoying LOL!
Graifazig
Extraordinary Douchebags
#5 - 2011-11-30 10:11:19 UTC
For me it's worse than before. I had that issue with undocking like once in every three months, resulting in repositioning only selected items and overview.
Once I reduced the size of the Station panel and put it below of some chat channels, on my 3840x1080 client, I never even encountered that issue anymore, But now I have to play Interface Tetris every day I don't click precisely.

I hope this feature will be back very soon.