These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stealth Winmatar Buff

Author
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2011-11-30 01:57:26 UTC
Titania Hrothgar wrote:
I love my rust buckets. :)

Get Webbed - MWD.

Get Scrammed - MWD.

It's great. Rust buckets are notoriously hard to hold for long.

A Vaga (with no speed mods on it, to keep comparison simple) with 1 web on it goes slower about the same speed while MWDing as a PDU Drake w/ no nanos.

Also: you might not have played recently, but scrams turn off your MWD.
Captain Nares
O3 Corporation
#82 - 2011-11-30 02:35:14 UTC
Angel Pirate Invasion - 7 min for full cleanup.
Angel Extravaganza - 14 min for blitz.

Mach. Time counted from 1st to the last shot.

Thnx CCP for new hail.

PS minmatar wanna more such "hybrid boosts".
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#83 - 2011-11-30 02:40:19 UTC
Captain Nares wrote:

Thnx CCP for new hail.

More or less this...
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2011-11-30 02:46:16 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Captain Nares wrote:

Thnx CCP for new hail.

More or less this...

Pisses me off that Void and Null still have their tracking penalty
Puskarich
The Greater Goon
#85 - 2011-11-30 04:25:42 UTC
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
Winmatar
gf
ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2011-11-30 04:41:04 UTC
It's nice to see the nerfmatards out in full force soon after their buff. I'm glad to see that they are testing out their new buffs before continuing their complaints that Minmat.... oh wait.....
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#87 - 2011-11-30 04:42:26 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:

- Boost Caldari and Gallente battleships
- Nerf the Hurricane
- Nerf the Drake
- Boost most HACs
- Nerf the Cynabal and Dramiel (again)
- Boost non-Thrasher Destroyers (again)
- Boost all T1 cruisers

Alright - that's not very interesting in the sense of the "WINMATAR MUST BE NERFED TOMORROW" conversation that's brewing. I'm not sold on nerfing the Cane and Drake, because the Binger is already so close behind them. It wouldn't take a whole lot to make it simply obsolete them both.

Also: Caldari fleet BS = Scorpion (IMO).

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Alara IonStorm
#88 - 2011-11-30 05:33:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Liang Nuren wrote:

Alright - that's not very interesting in the sense of the "WINMATAR MUST BE NERFED TOMORROW" conversation that's brewing. I'm not sold on nerfing the Cane and Drake, because the Binger is already so close behind them. It wouldn't take a whole lot to make it simply obsolete them both.

-Liang

Ok Forum ate my post so here is the short version so I can go to sleep.

Remove High Slot from Drake, Cane, Harbinger. Remove Weapon Hardpoint from Drake and Harbinger. Give 7.5-10% Opt Bonus to Harbinger replacing Cap Bonus. Replace Cane Rof Bonus with Opt / Falloff / Tracking Bonus. Cut Heavy Missile Flight Time so Heavies work out to 50-60 Km. Leave current Myrm in as is.

That along with a targeted buff to Cruisers ability to preform unique and useful roles through fitting, slot, bonus tweaking might bring more balance to the field.

As for the Scorp I agree it makes a great Fleet Support Battleship. It doesn't make a good Battleship to base your fleet around though. The Maelstrom / Abbadon and to a lesser extent the Geddon / Tempest are good candidates to build fleets around. One of those Center of the fleet types for Cal / Gal would be a preferable solution then trying to nerf the front runners. Especially if the Gal armor one and Cal Shield one can ride shotgun in the current Armor Amarr / Shield Min Gangs without being looked down on.

BTW: I would rather see the other Pirate Cruisers / Frigs be a bit more useful than an Angel Nerf.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2011-11-30 05:40:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
Alara IonStorm wrote:

Remove High Slot from Drake, Cane, Harbinger. Remove Weapon Hardpoint from Drake and Harbinger. Give 7.5-10% Opt Bonus to Harbinger replacing Cap Bonus. Replace Cane Rof Bonus with Opt / Falloff / Tracking Bonus. Cut Heavy Missile Flight Time so Heavies work out to 50-60 Km. Leave current Myrm in as is.

So wait

You are talking a 33% (or more if you slot missiles vice neuts) DPS cut from the Cane, while buffing Harbinger, nerfing the Drake.........because you know Drake and Tengu are the only ships that use Heavies and leaving the Myrm sub standard?

....and Cane would STILL munch your beloved Harbi with a falloff bonus You REALLY want canes that can hit to lock with Barrage and will still outrun you?

Think about that.

Horrible idea.
Emily Poast
The Whipping Post
#90 - 2011-11-30 05:46:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Emily Poast
Forum ate post and i am passing out. May retype tomorrow..
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2011-11-30 05:51:05 UTC
cntl+A cntl+c saves the post before you make it.

....and even then I've found that half the time hitting back a couple times remedies the issue.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#92 - 2011-11-30 06:05:56 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

That along with a targeted buff to Cruisers ability to preform unique and useful roles through fitting, slot, bonus tweaking might bring more balance to the field.

As for the Scorp I agree it makes a great Fleet Support Battleship. It doesn't make a good Battleship to base your fleet around though. The Maelstrom / Abbadon and to a lesser extent the Geddon / Tempest are good candidates to build fleets around. One of those Center of the fleet types for Cal / Gal would be a preferable solution then trying to nerf the front runners. Especially if the Gal armor one and Cal Shield one can ride shotgun in the current Armor Amarr / Shield Min Gangs without being looked down on.

BTW: I would rather see the other Pirate Cruisers / Frigs be a bit more useful than an Angel Nerf.

Oh, so you basically don't want battlecruisers to be useful?

-Liang

Cambarus
The Baros Syndicate
#93 - 2011-11-30 06:24:17 UTC
Zeomebuch Nova wrote:
Cambarus wrote:

Sleipnir ~At best iffy, I'd say the abso is better though, because active tanking tends to be a bad idea in pvp and a buffer fit sleip is VASTLY inferior to an abso.

ouch, you pretty much messed up.

Well, active tanked, sleips would lose in a 2v2 against absos. Buffer tanked, the sleip deals slightly (about 30DPS) more at point blank, and has about 62k EHP compared to the absos 104k, using similar fits (probably not optimal fits mind you) Abso also has MUCH better resists (82% average on the abso, 77% on the sleip), making it notably easier to keep alive when logis come into play.

When you take speed (minmatar's main advantage) out of the equation, most of the matari ships start to look like ****. But, because they can dictate the terms of the engagements they get into, they die less often, which makes people's killboards look better, which means they clearly must be overpowered.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2011-11-30 08:50:51 UTC
Do you remember for the amarr buff back than some years ago, when they lowered EM resists due some stupid reasons
(oh no lasers hit the highest resist or something bs) ?
They also lowered explo resists ,and resulted in an over the top matar buff.
Same stealth matar boost just like now. For some reason CCP just cant let opmatar to go.
It is rly said.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2011-11-30 08:54:22 UTC
Naomi Knight wrote:
Do you remember for the amarr buff back than some years ago, when they lowered EM resists due some stupid reasons
Same stealth matar boost just like now. For some reason CCP just cant let opmatar to go.
It is rly said.

Thats crap

Shield EM resist 0% Armor Explosive Resist is 10%

.....your guns do more raw damage anyway.....so what exactly is over the top again?

Its more of a player reaction because you instead of trusting it to a rig, people use active hardeners...so its sort of a reversed nerf because no you have too use a better hardener there.

Oops.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#96 - 2011-11-30 09:00:40 UTC
Naomi Knight wrote:
It is rly said.

Are you talking about the patch where they boosted EM damage against armor by up to 33% more than they boosted explosive damage against shields?

-Liang

Ed: Yes, you are - I just went and re-read the dev blog to make sure I remembered correctly. ;-)

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2011-11-30 09:05:27 UTC
Never let reality interfere with the hatorade.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2011-11-30 09:22:53 UTC
Looks like thinking isnt in the matar op set.
The patch made projectiles to hit harder--> matar buff no matter how you try to hide it ,it was a matar buff after all.
It boosted emp ammo too, what most matar used for close range.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2011-11-30 10:20:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
Naomi Knight wrote:
The patch made projectiles to hit harder--> matar buff no matter how you try to hide it ,it was a matar buff after all.

9% !> 33%

and since when does any Matar with a brain go "close range" on an Amarr ship.....getting scrammed is a pretty sure way to go home in pod. Unless you are referring to one of the rare armor canes, in which case I'm STILL not going to be hitting an armor tanked Amarri ship with ******* EMP because that is just ******* stupid

...and if you are kiting you are using barrage which is lower damage than faction EMP and hitting your strongest resist.

Make up you mind, you ceasing to even be coherent any longer.
Wog Cyllen
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2011-11-30 10:29:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Wog Cyllen
Onictus wrote:
Naomi Knight wrote:

9% !> 33%

and since when does any Matar with a brain go "close range" on an Amarr ship.....getting scrammed is a pretty sure way to go home in pod. Unless you are referring to one of the rare armor canes, in which case I'm STILL not going to be hitting an armor tanked Amarri ship with ******* EMP because that is just ******* stupid

...and if you are kiting you are using barrage which is lower damage than faction EMP and hitting your strongest resist.

Make up you mind, you ceasing to even be coherent any longer.

So you imply Naomi was coherent at some point? All I saw in his/her many posts across multiple threads was nerdrage "NERF THEM!" without ever bringing any logical arguments or making any feasible suggestions.

Several people here tried to bring numbers and actually have a constructive discussion but Naomi, Verity & co babbling and useless noise kinda prevent that.

**** reality, logic, facts and numbers. Stupid nerdrage, pointless complaining and ridiculous babbling is the way to go.