These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Idea: Deployable to increase Blue Loot drops

First post
Author
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#1 - 2014-03-18 19:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Sagitta
TL;DR Deployable that can only be onlined within 100km of wh that increases blue loot drops from sleepers in system dependent on wh mass

The Idea
Was thinking about system upgrades but with a wh twist.

Introduce a new deployable that increases blue loot drops from sleepers. This deployable can be anchored anywhere in wspace but can only be onlined near an active wh. This deployable would increase blue loot drops in relation to the percentage of mass on the wh its near. Thus if you put it on a critically massed wh it will give a very small bonus vs giving a much larger bonus to an unmassed wh. The number would be significant enough to make people want to use this.

Specifics
Disclaimer: These are just my suggested values. Obviously these can be changed to make the risk vs reward more balanced so that people actually would use these things.
I suggest a 20% boost with unmassed wh scaling down to 0% at a crit wh. Again the increase to blue loot is directly related to the percentage of mass left on the hole. So any hole that is open will give you a bonus it would just be marginal if there is very little mass left. It would be an exponential progression from 0% to 20% boost. The closer the mass is to 100% the more the boost to blue loot would be.

Maybe make this deployable have a beacon in system when online. Maybe have the additional sleeper loot accrue in the deployable itself. Either of these are debatable but I don't see much reason for them. Could make for interesting conflict drivers.

Also I think these should be slightly expensive, say 100-200mil. They should also be fairly weak so even if you find people running sites that you can't gank you could gank this deployable and get a nice kill mail. Only one could be online in system at a time.

So, what you guys think? flame away
Zlorthishen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-03-18 20:22:13 UTC
inb4 wormhole specific ESS
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#3 - 2014-03-18 20:31:44 UTC
Add sleepers frigate triggers that have dictor bubbles to make this magical.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#4 - 2014-03-18 20:38:58 UTC
http://awegif.com/gifs/1668.gif

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#5 - 2014-03-18 20:44:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Angsty Teenager
Lol ok mang.

You think this is a good idea but let me tell you how I can still run sites risk free using this new deployable.

>being young whippersnapper in c5
>want to make mad dosh
>dolla dolla skrilla yo
>buy this new deployable
>collapse all WH's except static in system
>oh noes if I want to make skrilla i can't crit the hole and it spawns the K162 when i warp to it to place the structure
>ideaman.jpg
>roll static till find empty C5
>jump in orca and moros
>collapse all WH's including static in my static
>don't warp to new static
>run sites in my home WH with half mass on my static ($$skrila420$$$)
>finish sites
>jump back orca and moros
>???
>profit

2 much effort 4 me, but my point still stands. TBH as long as your static is empty you can just leave the full mass hole alive there. Sit a scout in the static and you easily have 5 minutes of warning before somebody ganks you.

Risk free PVE 4 da wins

But I am ok with this idea tbh. There aren't enough farmers in WH's anymore :/
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#6 - 2014-03-18 20:57:04 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
It would be an exponential progression from 0% to 20% boost. The closer the mass is to 100% the more the boost to blue loot would be.

So you put all that effort into making like 5% more blue loot. I don't think people would spend that much time for such a marginal amount. (ref ESS in null) P
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2014-03-18 21:06:38 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

That said, this thread is also moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-03-18 21:15:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
For it to work, it would have to have a drawback. Also, i think it would be better off being a long term structure like a POS or POCO.

It could work with the right balancing.
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#9 - 2014-03-18 21:28:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Sagitta
The drawback is having an open hole that is probably unmassed while you run sleeper sites. If you don't think thats enough then maybe could make wh's more likely to exit in systems with these online. I think that would be too over the top tho

Or even make it so that bubbles can't be anchored withing 200km of this deployable so the hole its on will be unmassed and not bubbled to ****. I think just having an open hole is drawback enough it makes people 100% more likely to be found running sites. Instead of rolling for site runner holes you can roll for site runner and there static
Henry Cummings
Daktaklakpak.
Mince n Tatties
#10 - 2014-03-19 00:30:25 UTC
Seems good in theory, but will have effectively no drawbacks for the bigger groups that run sites with 10+ dreads with more availible to ping and don't really care about security. It would just be even more money for them while they still run sites the same way.

the risk v. reward works for smaller groups, though. Maybe limit to c4s and down?
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#11 - 2014-03-19 00:56:34 UTC
Perks of having lots of friends?
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-03-19 02:19:33 UTC
This module would potentially encourage more people to be stuffed into one hole and reducing the need to leave their wormhole it or explore their statics ect...

A no from me

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#13 - 2014-03-19 02:27:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Sagitta
Getting poeple out of pos shields with open holes is bad tho? If you don't want people blobbing up then remove cap escalations P

If a bigger group can make more isk it also means a smaller group can make more isk which will promote smaller corps taking roots in wh space
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-03-19 03:21:49 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Getting poeple out of pos shields with open holes is bad tho? If you don't want people blobbing up then remove cap escalations P

If a bigger group can make more isk it also means a smaller group can make more isk which will promote more nullsec farming corps taking roots in wh space

Fixed that for you

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#15 - 2014-03-19 10:53:05 UTC
Onlining it near active wh doesnt bring more pvp but just more hassle when farming. You would simply close all holes in two systems than in one like now.

But i am for any structures and deployables which improves system somehow. Farms and fields ftw.
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#16 - 2014-03-19 15:10:11 UTC
Thats the tradeoff. You can be very careful and spend more time setting your wh up to make isk in safety or throw a scout in there and make isk. Smart players aren't going to allow themselves to get caught regardless of mechanics
Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#17 - 2014-03-20 23:17:13 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Thats the tradeoff. You can be very careful and spend more time setting your wh up to make isk in safety or throw a scout in there and make isk. Smart players aren't going to allow themselves to get caught regardless of mechanics

The boost would have to be at least 100% to justify sach a tradeof. Otherwise I dont think anyone would bother (i wouldnt). It can also be just another permanent destroyable or reinforcable structure with some minor boost say 5%-10% like in nullsec.