These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

ed: Westboro Church's Fred Phelps Finally Dead

First post
Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#21 - 2014-03-18 14:57:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Wow. I wonder if they manged to get the cannabis smell out before they moved in. Smile

I don't know much about Osteen, except that he's the current TV evangelist superstar. So I'll just assume those monthly millions are going to feeding the homeless or sending Bibles to Buddhists or something. Yeah. Not like Swaggart, Tilton, Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts.... Or even like my ex-girlfriend's dad, scammer associate pastor at the giant First Baptist Church in Dallas.

I forgot to mention Duran Duran 1984.

Yeah. Osteen is not really one of the contentious ones at all. He's more like others should be.

He never preaches any kind of hatred or ill-will towards "the Others".

But it is a startling amount of money brought in......... and TAX FREE.

And the contributors get to write it off as well as "charitable donations".

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#22 - 2014-03-18 14:59:57 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
.. and TAX FREE.

While many of those preachers preach politics from the pulpit X

I say if you want to push theologically based morals into our country's laws then your church should help pay for the process.
Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-03-18 15:09:06 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

But it is a startling amount of money brought in......... and TAX FREE.

Moreover, those are just two days of "on the ground" donations for a Saturday and Sunday. With no mail delivery on Sunday's, the amount does not taking into consideration other sums received from mail-in donations not yet received from both the national and international markets the church's program reachesShocked

Religion is very good business.

I wonder if the culprit is an Eve player, because they AWOX'd that safeTwisted Time to reset everyone's roles...ha ha.

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#24 - 2014-03-20 16:19:34 UTC
Founder of Westboro Baptist Church, Rev. Fred Phelps Sr. Dies

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-03-20 16:54:54 UTC
So, have you checked your weather forecast? Here in Washington the sun is finally coming out and we're getting some nice, warm 12º weather, and the rain is dying down! Big smile I would give a link to show but everything I click is just a link to a site that attempts to search for it for me but fails. They're shitting up Google with their incompetence.

I would comment on something in the news but I didn't see anything all that exciting.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2014-03-20 18:54:21 UTC
All glory to Satan! \o/

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#27 - 2014-03-20 19:39:04 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
All glory to Satan! \o/

This is relevant.
Marie Hartinez
Aries Munitions and Defense
#28 - 2014-03-20 20:04:43 UTC
Can't say I'm sorry to read about his death. Normally, reading about the passing of someone affects me in some way.

This one... meh.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-03-20 20:06:08 UTC
Slade Trillgon wrote:
Needs to be a movie.

All hail Satan!

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#30 - 2014-03-20 23:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Slade Trillgon
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Slade Trillgon wrote:
Needs to be a movie.

All hail Satan!

That could be a refreshing epic movie; that is for sure Shocked

EDIT: A movie never occured to me as it is so off the beaten path for Hollywood but if done by the right people I think it could be a huge success.
BLACK-STAR
#31 - 2014-03-21 00:35:21 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
Fred wwwwwelps dies. Who cares. Forget this sadist.

I guess his cremated body in a jar ontop of a shelf suits him. No funeral. haha

Edit: goat
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#32 - 2014-03-21 00:56:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
As much as I can understand the emotions involved on a topic like this, it is still not allowed to discuss religion in any way shape or form on this forum. And that includes OOPE.
*Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal.

The Out of Pod Experience Rules state:

3. Discussions about politics and religion not allowed, there are other websites with forums for these topics.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12