These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

New dev blog: Get jacked in the for the holidays with the Genolution CA-1

First post First post
Author
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#21 - 2011-11-28 13:50:38 UTC
Bilbo Bawbag wrote:
Is Chribba pronounced - SHribba or KRibba?
K - Linkage

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Anvil44
Avedis Corporation
#22 - 2011-11-28 14:00:30 UTC
Ender Sai wrote:
Yay!

I will leave it in my hangar and treasure it always.

Does "active paid account" imply that people who have game with from PLEX do not get an implant?

Active = useable account, just have to log in.
Paid = cash, credit, plex. Paid is paid...maybe even first born, who knows?

I may not like you or your point of view but you have a right to voice it.

Charles37
Bookmark Both Sides
#23 - 2011-11-28 16:47:02 UTC
I was kind of hoping that this would be a new implant set that we could obtain in game somehow, but with all the other great things that look to be coming tomorrow, I don't think I can really complain too much. I'm sure I'll find a use for it somewhere, although in reality it'll probably just gather dust. Thanks though!
Ulair Memmet
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2011-11-28 18:25:28 UTC
Very nice implant, though i'm not sure i like the fact, that it can only be obtained with this bonus and not through actually playing the game What?
Hans Arienth
Hanson Heavy Industries
#25 - 2011-11-28 19:40:58 UTC
I'm a newbie to implant set bonuses, could someone give a really quick explanation of how the math for those works?
Desparo
Oberon Incorporated
#26 - 2011-11-28 19:49:14 UTC
So do we get one per account as the usual? or do we 1 per toon?
Shinzann
Beast Cat Industries
#27 - 2011-11-28 21:25:01 UTC
Desparo wrote:

One per account.

Rather curious as to when/where/how the second implant will be introduced into the game
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#28 - 2011-11-28 22:34:08 UTC
Nicmo wrote:
El 1974 wrote:
First!

Nice implant. Wondering what the creative farming would refer to.

(Edit: read it now and added comment.)

Arrow Reactive an account wit hours for plex

Arrow redeem implant

Arrow trade to alt on your normal accout

Arrow let the plex for hours expire without extending game time with plex

More expandable Arrow Buy 1 Plex, make buddy invites. Send Plex to Buddy 1 Arrow Send new Plex to Buddy 2 Arrow etc infinitely, since you can use yo buddies to make buddies. Idea Tons of free implants.

n.b. I'm not gonna do it because 1. it'll probably get people in trouble and 2. I'm extremely lazy and this sounds like a lot of work.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-11-28 22:52:58 UTC
IT'S A TRAP.
I'm going to plug it in, anyway.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#30 - 2011-11-29 22:28:18 UTC
Desparo wrote:

One per account, and according to the "Redeem Items/Gifts" window, the offer expires on Dec 2nd.
Cassandra Masami
Silnare
#31 - 2011-11-29 22:28:30 UTC
Quote:
Everyone with an active paid account on Nov29th through Dec 2nd will get one to redeem for their character.

Will we be able to redeem them after December 2nd? Like on the 4th or later? Because 4 days to redeem it in is an awfully narrow window when traveling about without reliable broadband to download the gigabyte+ sized update. Unless there is an out of game way to redeem an item I don't know about.
Sydney Nelson
Nelson Universal Aerospace
#32 - 2011-11-29 23:34:19 UTC
I don't think they mean that is the window to REDEEM the gift.
I think he's saying that your account has to be ACTIVE during that window.

Having said that, don't wait too long to redeem...
I waited too long to redeem the last gift (the special ship) because I was afraid it would be stuck in some random station.
I kinda forgot about it, then one day I realized I couldn't redeem it anymore. :(
Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#33 - 2011-11-30 00:16:50 UTC
It has an expiry date on it, of the 2nd.
CCP Hekatonkheires
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2011-11-30 17:34:32 UTC
Quick (good) update:

We are going to extend the availability of the CA-1 implants until the 5th. You are exactly right, the window is too narrow and the horrendous typo into the redemption system is completely my fault. Our intention was always to include the first full play weekend after Crucible's launch.

So, everyone with a paying account should be sure to get in and redeem theirs by then. I should again point out that this is CA-1 and it is part of an implant set…so more on that soon. <-oooh a hint.

Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#35 - 2011-11-30 18:01:12 UTC
CCP Hekatonkheires wrote:
Quick (good) update:

We are going to extend the availability of the CA-1 implants until the 5th. You are exactly right, the window is too narrow and the horrendous typo into the redemption system is completely my fault. Our intention was always to include the first full play weekend after Crucible's launch.

So, everyone with a paying account should be sure to get in and redeem theirs by then. I should again point out that this is CA-1 and it is part of an implant set…so more on that soon. <-oooh a hint.

Wormhole folks would absolutely adore you if you could rig it so we can redeem them at a pos. Blink

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Cassandra Masami
Silnare
#36 - 2011-11-30 19:15:33 UTC
Quick (good) update:

This makes me happy. Big smile
ogletorp
Decisive Persuits
#37 - 2011-12-01 01:52:20 UTC  |  Edited by: ogletorp
Quick (good) update:

Even the 5th doesn't give enough time in my opinion I know people who took vacations and are going to be gone past that date without access to the game. They have active paid accounts.
Soro Harbon
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2011-12-01 02:04:03 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Quick (good) update:

Wormhole folks would absolutely adore you if you could rig it so we can redeem them at a pos. Blink

redeem on your hi sec alt and collect at your leisure

Things can always be improved: the battered Mars Bar, Scotland's other culinary delicacy

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#39 - 2011-12-01 07:44:03 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Bilbo Bawbag wrote:
Is Chribba pronounced - SHribba or KRibba?
K - Linkage

/c

I thought it was pronounced "Veld-Spar"

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#40 - 2011-12-01 23:05:15 UTC
Thanks for the implant CCP.

I can haz a CA-2 for xmas?????? (I am guessing that's the plan)

Shoulda given CA-1 and CA-2 out 50/50 on this patch imo.
That might have made the prices go a bit crazy as it would only allow at best half the eve population any chance of plugging in a full set.

Having the set available at the same time makes it a bit more useful.

Previous page123Next page