These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

People stealing loot after a fight and then dropping fleet and comms

First post
Author
Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2014-03-13 09:58:09 UTC
Glad to know we squids aren't the only ones who can get distracted by a pointless railgun-measuring contest.

All I can do is wince in sympathy and count my blessings that I don't have a dog in this fight, as it were. (I'd sit back with popcorn, but the smell of a blockade runner full of popcorn seems to attract gate-campers like flies...)

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#62 - 2014-03-13 12:08:04 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Ammon Dei wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

For the purposes of this drama it is requested that you ignore the facts and react on a purely emotional level. Thats how Gallactica explained it to me anyway.

Have you obtained permission from your new alliance overlords to make further comments upon this subject?

The good news is that at least this time we had a good reason to Wardec someone. I can remember Wardec's for less reasons.

"Torpedo", Torpedo, Torpedo"

hehehe "torpedo gate" a classic wardec ;)

Don't forget "intel only".

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#63 - 2014-03-13 13:58:54 UTC
Sometimes i log onto my Tipiaks alt to mess with the Gallente. I also happen to become richer in the process.
Dan Carter Murray
#64 - 2014-03-13 14:15:58 UTC
sounds like a style of pvp to me.

other styles of pvp:

afk kite ewar

baiting

gate camp

killing miners in highsec

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

Pew Terror
All of it
#65 - 2014-03-13 15:40:29 UTC
Since when is loot not free for all?
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#66 - 2014-03-13 15:44:59 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:

In GalMIl fleets, the tradition has generally been that loot gets handed to those who lost ships, or to logi pilots. That way, folks aren't afraid to undock since they generally get at least partial reimbursement, and logi pilots get the recognition they deserve.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

SAJUK NIGARRA
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2014-03-13 17:44:03 UTC
Oh, 2010 is shaping to be such a great year.
Pulgy
Doomheim
#68 - 2014-03-13 19:09:49 UTC
SAJUK NIGARRA wrote:
Oh, 2010 is shaping to be such a great year.

I like where this is going.
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blaster™ . A Hybrid religion.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#69 - 2014-03-13 23:17:02 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:

Never has been free for all in any decent corp.
There is stuff to pay for when running a corp and taxes earned by most low sec based corps won't cover those costs.

Every group has a variation of how they work it.
We usually work on T2 and down is free for all if no ships are lost.

Bling loot is sold for the corp wallets - always.

So it is always best to ask the FC what they want done with the loot if you take any.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#70 - 2014-03-13 23:35:11 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:

Never has been free for all in any decent corp.
There is stuff to pay for when running a corp and taxes earned by most low sec based corps won't cover those costs.

Every group has a variation of how they work it.
We usually work on T2 and down is free for all if no ships are lost.

Bling loot is sold for the corp wallets - always.

So it is always best to ask the FC what they want done with the loot if you take any.

We dont really need corp looting policies though.. considering the fact that shadows of the federation pay for everything anyways.
Shitty Shitty Pants
Doomheim
#71 - 2014-03-14 01:28:20 UTC
Without knowing anything else besides what is on the first page, it seems wardeccing this TIPIAK corp was a bit of an over-reaction.

They returned the ISK value of the loot in question, I am unsure what else you can expect from them. It is likely their pilot offered a version of events that does not implicate him as an AWOXing thief, therefore the expectation that TIPIAK should as well boot this member is unreasonable.

The way it looks from here, you are effectively targeting an entire corporation out of anger towards a single member. That's pretty inconsiderate considering you can just create a gank fleet with newly created alts and F up any subcap in the game no problem.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#72 - 2014-03-14 01:31:50 UTC
****** ****** Pants wrote:
Without knowing anything else besides what is on the first page, it seems wardeccing this TIPIAK corp was a bit of an over-reaction.

They returned the ISK value of the loot in question, I am unsure what else you can expect from them. It is likely their pilot offered a version of events that does not implicate him as an AWOXing thief, therefore the expectation that TIPIAK should as well boot this member is unreasonable.

The way it looks from here, you are effectively targeting an entire corporation out of anger towards a single member. That's pretty inconsiderate considering you can just create a gank fleet with newly created alts and F up any subcap in the game no problem.

No - They deserved the dec and it should be continued indefinitely.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#73 - 2014-03-14 17:13:12 UTC

Again, people are not reading. The only way they can target Thorr VonAsgard is to wardec the entire corp. Otherwise they will lose standing with FDU and eventually get kicked out of FW. They are not going after the entire corp, just Thorr VonAsgard . They have stated this several times. And it isn't just because of the one incident. If you look at Thorr VonAsgard's killboard you will see he has AWOXed militia members.

No matter what militia/corp/alliance you are in, I'm pretty sure no one likes members of their fleets stealing expensive loot and not contributing to the fight.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#74 - 2014-03-14 18:09:44 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Estella Osoka wrote:
And it isn't just because of the one incident. If you look at Thorr VonAsgard's killboard you will see he has AWOXed militia members.
Have you bothered to look at these kills? Feel free to document them.

Entire thread smells of "troll" with a heavy dose of "drama."
Amantus
Drexciyan Sea Unit
SPACE DETROIT
#75 - 2014-03-14 18:41:08 UTC
he must be v poor lol
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#76 - 2014-03-14 18:55:47 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Again, people are not reading. The only way they can target Thorr VonAsgard is to wardec the entire corp. Otherwise they will lose standing with FDU and eventually get kicked out of FW. They are not going after the entire corp, just Thorr VonAsgard . They have stated this several times. And it isn't just because of the one incident. If you look at Thorr VonAsgard's killboard you will see he has AWOXed militia members.

No matter what militia/corp/alliance you are in, I'm pretty sure no one likes members of their fleets stealing expensive loot and not contributing to the fight.

If you (not you specifically) have a problem with someone that cannot be resolved, go to their CEO. If that CEO resolves the situation to your satisfaction, then be happy. If the CEO does not resolve the situation to your satisfaction, then your problem is now with that CEO and that corp. To wardec a corp, and then politely ask for them to ignore you, just so you can pursue one of their members, is pathetic. If they've disciplined him already or choose not to, and choose to continue to shelter him (as evidenced by him not being kicked) then you should be expecting them to fight back with full force, they have no obligation to lie down and let you kill their members, and it is unreasonable for you to ask them to. If there have been multiple incidents with the guy, then it makes their refusal to kick him all the more serious, and all the more reason to press the issue by fighting the whole corp.

If you're unwilling to fight a whole corp over one guy, then you should suck it up. "It" being either your aversion to standings penalties or sense of deserving a say in another corp's business.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#77 - 2014-03-14 20:58:09 UTC
Just a little convo I had with a member TIPIAKS.......

Yes, he's a really innocent dude..........

[ 2014.03.13 17:04:30 ] xxxxxxx> thorr relieved his last corp of like 360B I believe, it's hard to get accurate estimates :s
[ 2014.03.13 17:05:45 ] Gallactica > what!!!!!
[ 2014.03.13 17:05:52 ] Gallactica > oh god lol
[ 2014.03.13 17:06:42 ] xxxxxxx > he was director and basically had the same rights as the CEO in a large corp in Mildly Intoxicated, one day he snapped and looted all the capital hangars
[ 2014.03.13 17:06:57 ] xxxxxxxx > his only regret is not waiting another month to snatch a bonus titan
[ 2014.03.13 17:14:03 ] Gallactica > so my initial thought of him being a bit of a douche is pretty accurate then :)
[ 2014.03.13 17:15:03 ] xxxxxxxx > he's a competent FC...but he likes trolling the **** out of people
[ 2014.03.13 17:17:15 ] Gallactica > trolling is fine and good fun sometimes
[ 2014.03.13 17:17:35 ] Gallactica > stealing loot is something i really hate lol
[ 2014.03.13 17:18:28 ] xxxxxxxx > that's why we made him hand over the loot :)
[ 2014.03.13 17:19:20 ] Gallactica > nah, you paid rhe isk first
[ 2014.03.13 17:19:24 ] Gallactica > and he prob still has the loot :)
[ 2014.03.13 17:19:40 ] xxxxxxxx > no, we paid, and he put the loot in corp loot hangar
[ 2014.03.13 17:20:10 ] xxxxxxxx > he was pissed we paid btw
[ 2014.03.13 17:20:42 ] Gallactica > yeh i bet, he had no intention of giving it back lol
[ 2014.03.13 17:21:13 ] xxxxxxxx > pretty much
[ 2014.03.13 17:22:02 ] xxxxxxxx > his reputation is already burned so he doesn't care, but we took him on condition that he doesn't pull **** moves on corpmates and our blues
Irya Boone
The Scope
#78 - 2014-03-14 22:14:52 UTC
Hummmm

Don't really love to do things like that but ( just removing my brain for 3 min ) and i will answer this.

1st some of our members are not used to Gal mil fleet policies and specially loot policy , heard that sometimes when my corp fight squids fleet and galmil fleet come , they take the loot eve if we make the most dps happened twice in my presence so some in corp think it's Free for all.

-When we heard this we directly send the money to PERUNGA ( took 3 sec after he said the price ) so your wardec threat .. really you think you would scare us ....with a wardec oO ( you just returned to galmil and you think people fear you or something .. i can give you 20 bucks to go relax yourself in a massage parlor ...

And for your record .. tipiaks pays looses for galmil pilots ( when i'm in fleet ) , that already cost me more than 300M ...

anyway DnD will always be DnD i guess :x

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#79 - 2014-03-14 22:21:30 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

So why is Necro always allowed in our fleets?

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#80 - 2014-03-14 22:42:18 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:
Hummmm

Don't really love to do things like that but ( just removing my brain for 3 min ) and i will answer this.

1st some of our members are not used to Gal mil fleet policies and specially loot policy , heard that sometimes when my corp fight squids fleet and galmil fleet come , they take the loot eve if we make the most dps happened twice in my presence so some in corp think it's Free for all.

-When we heard this we directly send the money to PERUNGA ( took 3 sec after he said the price ) so your wardec threat .. really you think you would scare us ....with a wardec oO ( you just returned to galmil and you think people fear you or something .. i can give you 20 bucks to go relax yourself in a massage parlor ...

And for your record .. tipiaks pays looses for galmil pilots ( when i'm in fleet ) , that already cost me more than 300M ...

anyway DnD will always be DnD i guess :x

read up a post or 2...... its not a wardec to your corp, just at 1 pilot.

No comment to my last post?