These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Asayanami Dei for CSM9

First post First post
Author
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#1 - 2014-03-04 15:45:28 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
My name is Asayanami Dei, but most people call me Asay. I have been playing EVE for over 5 years, the majority of which has been spent living in Wormhole Space. You may know me from my silly tweets. Or from my time in the EVE University where I occasionally run an event or teach a class. More prominently as a video content producer on youtube where, with the help of Adhocracy Incorporated, I'm trying to reach out to players about Wormholes and showcase daily life with the U-Boat series.

I am here to announce my candidacy for CSM 9, where I want to offer my support to two minorities, namely Community Content Creators (and everyone who enjoys their work) and Wormhole Space Residents.

When it comes to W-Space, I have my fair share of experience and knowledge which enables me to make educated decisions about any changes and tweaks to game mechanics involved, and I can and will offer feedback or input regarding balancing, adding or removing content in wormholes in any future iterations. Whatever I do not know, I'm not hesitant to ask about.

I would like Wormhole space to stay unique to other regions of New Eden, maintaining its core principles and mechanics, while evolving to broader changes that are impacting New Eden. It is a harsh place to live in, with amazing lore and excellent content, however little has changed since Apocrypha. Apart from minor tweaks it has remained relatively stagnant while the rest of the universe evolved and changed over the years, which leaves W-space denizens hungry for something new on the proverbial platter.

As it has been mentioned over and over again, Black Hole effect could use a bit of refreshing, simple things like the W-Space nebulae haven't changed even though the rest of EVE got a face-lift, C4 space drives people away rather then draw them in, and some quality of life fixes (POS system) would mean a world to people living here. With the help of the community a number of issues have been indentified and previous Councils have been working with CCP, ironing them out one by one. I would like to continue that effort. I love wormhole space as much as The Mittani loves the meta games, and I can't imagine my EVE without it. And if you still have doubts, google "bob the wormhole god" and look at the images section.

Second thing I would like to focus my efforts on is expanding and improving the community related side of EVE.

What do I mean by that? Well, let me explain.

In the past any community created content, be it blogs, websites, music, podcasts, fan art, short stories, videos, player driven events or gatherings, have had a hard time getting through to a wider audience that is the Eve Online player base. People used the Eve Online official forums, namely the 'My Eve' section, 3rd party forums such as FailHeap Challenge, and corporation forums such as the EVE University's forums - to reach out to people, let them know and draw some attention to their, often, under appreciated work.

With the rise of various social media platforms, social news, and entertainment websites. With the advent of twitter, facebook, youtube and reddit, it has become easier for the creators to get their content broadcast. Same thing goes for finding the content you want to watch, read, or listen to. These social media assets are the definitive sources where people go to find content they enjoy and appreciate, share their findings with others, or even start creating something of their own to share with people with the same interests. Bloggers have taken refuge on twitter (#tweetfleet) while video makers often use reddit to spread the word about their newest films. Podcast producers most often use official forums and their own websites. There have been numerous player projects promoting content such as the 'Our EVE' Series by JonnyPew, articles on news sites such as the themittani.com, and websites such as podborn.com.

There is demand and then there is supply.

Not everyone in EVE is interested in the same things, because even though we all play EVE, we don't always play the same game. There are people madly involved in nullsec and politics, for which there are writers and video makers, blogs going in depth about espionage and infiltration. There are people who love PvP for which there are blogs about piracy, small gangs and soloists, video makers commentating on the insane, mechanically excellent engagements. There are others like myself who are passionate about the depths of wormhole space and love to read and watch videos about it. Industrialists, market tycoons, incursion and mission runners, people who are still learning about the game, spending hours upon hours educating themselves about the game, looking for concise guides and tutorials about various aspects of the vast universe we live in. On top of that there are the streamers and roleplayers.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#2 - 2014-03-04 15:45:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Asayanami Dei
Among all those people are the content creators, people who are passionate about the game enough that they spend countless hours, utilizing their talents to bring the community things that are truly special. Unique and enjoyed by thousands of capsuleers.

In the past year we have seen incredible improvement when it comes to CCP's support of such creations. Apart from the Fansites program, we have seen an ever increasing involvement of the CCP staff in community projects. CCP Manifest has been updating the official social media channels with player created content regularly. CCP Eterne has put upon himself to showcase the creators in his Community Spotlight Dev Blog series, which I am incredibly proud to be featured in. Many of the devs have been tweeting about blogs, videos, player made fan art, streams. They even go out of their way to help players organize events, promote community projects, or even film machinimas.

Where am I going with all of this?

In my opinion there is still room for improvement.

There still isn't an easy way for people to promote their content. By extension it means that it is hard for people looking for content to find what they are interested in. Yes, you can Google, there is twitter, reddit, youtube, Eve-O official forums, however that means one has to visit multiple sites to find what they are looking for. The Eve fan website which lists all the fan sites submitted by players is far from ideal. Recently added filter options help to find what you are looking for, but many people don't even know that such a list exists. The community spotlight does a far better job at promoting player content. From my experience, only a fraction of the actual Eve player base reads it as the blogs get lost in the constant stream of patch notes and developer blogs. Right now the best way to discover new content is reddit and twitter, it is very easy to miss something you might be interested in simply by not visiting the websites on a daily basis.

What I would propose is a central hub for community created content, similar to what eveisreal.com and the True Stories websites were. I would like community.eveonline.com to become a place where people go to share, support and discover new player made creations, with the support of CCP community management staff, showcasing the best, most popular and endorsed content. I would like to be able to search for videos, blogs, and stories related to the things I like about the game more easily, comment and show my support for them all in a single, well organized place. I would like to see a place where people could not only promote their content but reach out to the development staff and get help creating it.There are already foundations for a structured hub like this, it simply needs some work and guidance from the community to make it shine. I think, with the help of the community and CCP staff we can make it happen.

Why?

Because it would not only encourage more people to start utilizing their talents by creating something new, beautiful and interesting and have an easier way to reach out to people but it, by extension, promote eve as a game and the community of eve in a wider spectrum. Make eve known in media not only its massive, virtual battles and espionage, but also as a beautiful, exciting, living world, which occupants are passionate and excited about. Players are already doing similar things with the Blog Pack, the EVE Youtube chat channel, with r/eveporn and many others, so let's make it official. Because in the end, we wouldn't be playing this game if it wasn't for the people we've met in it. You come for the space battles, you stay for the people.

W-Space
Given the current state of wormhole space there is a number of pressing issues that need to be adressed I stand:

In favor of:

  • POS System overhaul, if not a complete re-work then continiuation of the quality of life fixes (PSMA, XLSMA fix, better role management - one that would not have to rely on titles for starters)
  • Corporation Role Management overhaul (tied to POS role management. The UI is outdated, mechanics need improvement)
  • Continuation of ship rebalancing with W-Space in mind (T3's skill loss issue, fixing useless subsystems, balancing in context of equivalent T2 hulls and their roles on the field)
  • Balancing Risk to Reward ratio in C1-C4
  • Fixing issues with system effects (including changing the Black Hole Effect)
  • Reverting the changes to Ore (Gravimentric) sites, making them scannable signatures again instead of annomalies.
  • Fixing the Discovery Scanner (Sensor Overlay); New Signature discovery can't be automated.
  • Revamping the Alliance System (The code was mentioned to be hard to adjust, preventing meaningful changes to the system)
  • Introduction of Alliance wide Bookmarks (heavily favoured by the community; personally I'm not a huge fan)
  • Revamp of the Industry system (making it more streamlined, allowing for multiple jobs to be created simultaneously, UI re-work)


Against:

  • So called Wormhole Stabilizers (mechanics allowing prolonging the life time or mass allowance/limit of wormholes)
  • Changes to local in w-space or introduction of any mechanics that would alert people to presence of 3rd party ships in system. (no free intel)


If there is anything else you would like me to cover, feel free to ask.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-03-04 16:01:45 UTC
Asay is educated, dedicated and motivated!

+10,000Attention

Big smile

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Rodrik Vikary
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-03-04 16:33:53 UTC
I think it would be great for the game to have you among the CSM members! You'll be one of my votes for sure!
Joran Jackson
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#5 - 2014-03-04 16:38:38 UTC
Really thrilled to see you running Asay. I was getting worried :P
Incindir Mauser
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-04 16:46:03 UTC

This needs to happen.

Not just for W-space, but for all of those dedicated to creating solid third party content about Eve Online.
corbexx
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2014-03-04 18:27:28 UTC
Asayanami Dei wrote:
C4 space drives people away rather then draw them in.


Not wanting to be argumentative but you have facts and numbers on this. just from what i have seen (and some mates who live in a c4 c4) c4 space seems alot more populated now than ever.
Bloemkoolsaus
Viperfleet Inc.
Official Winners Of Takeshi's Castle
#8 - 2014-03-04 18:47:56 UTC
Asayanami Dei wrote:
I am here to announce my candidacy for CSM 9, where I want to offer my support to two minorities, namely Community Content Creators (and everyone who enjoys their work) and Wormhole Space Residents.


Yes please! \o/
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#9 - 2014-03-04 18:58:16 UTC
corbexx wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
C4 space drives people away rather then draw them in.


Not wanting to be argumentative but you have facts and numbers on this. just from what i have seen (and some mates who live in a c4 c4) c4 space seems alot more populated now than ever.

Two things that I am basing my opinion on:
We used to live in a C4 for a while before we moved into a C5, so I have some idea about what it has to offer vs. the disadvantages in comparison to lower and higher class systems, and they can be improved, making them more vivid "transition" class system.
Second is killboard crawling. I know PVP is not the deciding factor when it comes to judging activity however it indicates that not much have changed over the years in Class 4 space.

I'm not saying that's bad. Personally I love Class 4 space, and I think people are sometimes overlooking it. Perhaps my original statement is a bit misleading.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Incindir Mauser
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-03-04 18:58:31 UTC
corbexx wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
C4 space drives people away rather then draw them in.


Not wanting to be argumentative but you have facts and numbers on this. just from what i have seen (and some mates who live in a c4 c4) c4 space seems alot more populated now than ever.


I asked James Arget for details on those kinds of metrics and his response was that CCP wasn't giving out that kind of information anymore. And even if it were available that they would be disinclined to aquiesce to release of said data as it would "ruin things".

*shrug*

We tried.
corbexx
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2014-03-04 19:15:35 UTC  |  Edited by: corbexx
Incindir Mauser wrote:
corbexx wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
C4 space drives people away rather then draw them in.


Not wanting to be argumentative but you have facts and numbers on this. just from what i have seen (and some mates who live in a c4 c4) c4 space seems alot more populated now than ever.


I asked James Arget for details on those kinds of metrics and his response was that CCP wasn't giving out that kind of information anymore. And even if it were available that they would be disinclined to aquiesce to release of said data as it would "ruin things".

*shrug*

We tried.


Same i asked chista he got the info apparently but had to check with ccp on if it was nda, he hasnt got back to me so guess it was.

Alot of people say "I think this" but we dont seem to see much facts.

On to serious questions for asay

Whats your thoughts on dread blapping and on t3 rebalnce.

ooh and should station outposts be destroyable
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#12 - 2014-03-04 20:07:50 UTC
corbexx wrote:


Same i asked chista he got the info apparently but had to check with ccp on if it was nda, he hasnt got back to me so guess it was.

Alot of people say "I think this" but we dont seem to see much facts.

On to serious questions for asay

Whats your thoughts on dread blapping and on t3 rebalnce.

ooh and should station outposts be destroyable


Well, I don't have access to numbers from CCP, so no 'facts' there. I can only form opinions based on my experiance and what I see. It's also not something i feel very strongly about, just an observation.


Dread blaping.
Can't say I have been on the receiving end of it, however we used the tactic a couple of times with various success.
I see it as a defensive tactic, thanks to mass limits, which is great when fighting outnumbered (to an extent) because it is hard to counter. Some corporations, like BU for example, have used it offensively with great success.
I would love to see a better counter to it, because right now it seems that the only way to fight against blaping dreads is either bring enough neuts to keep them dry (assuming capacitor heavy guns), or take care of the supporting webbing ships first, which is not simple under that amount of fire.
Coming from a community that loves skirmishes and brawling fleets, good fights, I can see why the tactic is being frown upon by most.
Mechanically speaking there is no easy fix, because capital ships are the backbone of large scale pvp outside of Wormhole space. In W-Space they are used in capital escalations in C5's and C6's, it's basically the same tactic. Changing the way webs work (and/or target painters) for example, would impact both pvp and pve, which would cause a ruckus among W-Space residents.
But perhaps that's a good thing, because it would drive the prices of sleeper loot up, so the impact on peoples wallets would not be that big.
There are changes coming this next patch that will affect webs, among other things, the meta will shift again, and we might even see further balancing addressing ships in question (and I'm talking about the support ships in this case), that will render dread blaping inefficient or harder to pull off. One way or another that would be the kind of counter I'd like to see.

Outposts or player owned stations in nullsec, should they be destroyable?
One of these days we will see a station in every single nullsec system in eve, with the current mechanics it is a matter of time. I would love to see a way to destroy them, and I have talked about it with my corp members many times over the years. Right now they can switch hands, assets are locked down, but imagine what would happen to the landscape if they could be sieged and evaporated just like everything else player made in eve. It would be a conflict driver, it would be interesting logistical-wise, although a headache of course, but nothing player made is supposed to last forever, that is one of the base principles of EVE. Even Gods can bleed.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

SKINE DMZ
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#13 - 2014-03-05 14:53:18 UTC
Great post, community.eveonline could definitely do with the upgrade, I really like your suggestions there.

I disagree

Hyperion X
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#14 - 2014-03-10 17:10:10 UTC
Asay would be an excellent representative. Please consider giving him your votes.

We have other members who would point the nose of the ship at the ground, or would prattle on endlessly to no great effect, and I would say as much if one of those threw their hat in.

On the other hand... what if he has too much focus on CSM and isn't around to shoot stuff... my selfishness is creeping in... don't vote for him, I can't take that chance.

Major JSilva
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-03-10 18:17:44 UTC
Asayanami is a good man. Best of luck with your campaign man!

Twitter: @Silva117

superkupa Nemo
Vanishing Pixel
#16 - 2014-03-11 09:50:45 UTC
well, there's not only a lore needed for such tasks, but also an ability to express and form in a proper way to other ppl.
Asay's yt movies got real experience and time for all of these new responsibilities.

as for me, u got +1 Asay.
all the best!
Jamir Von Lietuva
The All-Seeing Eye
#17 - 2014-03-12 18:18:50 UTC
no because i don't want you to stop making videos
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#18 - 2014-03-12 18:46:11 UTC
Jamir Von Lietuva wrote:
no because i don't want you to stop making videos

Who says I would stop? :)

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Chitsa Jason
Bite me inc.
Narwhals Ate My Duck
#19 - 2014-03-14 11:37:28 UTC
Great to have a good W-space candidate running!

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Lanctharus Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-03-14 20:41:53 UTC
Hello Asayanami Dei,

Hello Gorski Car,

I am one of the co-hosts of the Cap Stable Podcast. www.capstable.net

We would like to invite you to be on the show to be part of our CSM9 coverage.

Prospective CSM candidate who are interested in setting up a 30 minute interview, please use any of the methods detailed below to contact us. Interviews will be posted unedited, save clearing up any technical difficulties and they will be granted on a first confirmed, first served basis. Each CSM candidate will be paired with one of our hosts for an one-on-one interview. We will make ourselves available as possible, but we would prefer to record evenings US time, about 2:00-5:00 EVE time most days.

Email: podcast [at] capstable.net

Please remember to provide us with a contact e-mail and your Skype ID.

We hope to hear from you soon and thank you for participating in the Council of Stellar Management elections.

Sincerely,


Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer, The Cap Stable Podcas

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

123Next pageLast page