These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Amarr: The GOLDEN fleet, not the BROWN fleet

Author
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#21 - 2014-03-13 19:49:51 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Havent you seen all that space dust crap floating around outside? Gold is a soft metal, and if you plate your ships with it, its going to get sandblasted pretty quickly and look brown!

The only way around that would be to have slaves constantly outside your hull polishing the ornamentation...and slaves aren't good armor plating.

Or overcoat it with the material the windows are made from.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#22 - 2014-03-13 20:13:50 UTC
The Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79 pod must be Amarrian, and it too looks bronze rather than gold.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-03-13 22:34:44 UTC
Havent you seen all that space dust crap floating around outside? Gold is a soft metal, and if you plate your ships with it, its going to get sandblasted pretty quickly and look brown!

The only way around that would be to have slaves constantly outside your hull polishing the ornamentation...and slaves aren't good armor plating.

maybe not, but were not replacing armor, were just nwo putting an EXTRA 2-feet (counting EVA suit) of squishy material on TOP of the armor to dry and soften the blow so as to scuff the shine less, making the job of all the other shiners and buffers easier.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#24 - 2014-03-14 01:52:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Bronze… it's the new gold. Don't feel bad, Caldari got whitewashed and you don't even want to know what T1 Gallente ships look like now… I've noticed a difference between graphics cards as well as in-station vs. space. CCP indicated the "darker" aspect was something they were aware of and working on addressing...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Sarah McKnobbo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2014-03-14 02:21:27 UTC
Who is this 'we' you seem to be rallying for?
Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#26 - 2014-03-14 05:26:46 UTC
Khanid got the worst of it.

The epic black and silver has now become tan and grey.

Check out the Vengeance right now, its horrid.
Tanuki Kittybeta
Ripperoni in Pepperoni
#27 - 2014-03-14 06:43:31 UTC
hash browns :D
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#28 - 2014-03-14 07:37:58 UTC
It's to deter people from playing Amarr, because the regular nerfs just weren't cutting it.

/sarcasm off

/wait, was that sarcasm?

/even I don't know anymore

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Naraish Adarn
Alexylva Paradox
#29 - 2014-03-14 07:47:20 UTC
golden brown is still golden :P
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#30 - 2014-03-14 08:09:46 UTC
Tanuki Kittybeta wrote:
hash browns :D

I love hash browns.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#31 - 2014-03-14 10:32:04 UTC
Shalashaska Adam wrote:
Khanid got the worst of it.

Have you seen the Gallente? Lol

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#32 - 2014-03-14 11:33:50 UTC
What does an alteration in colour matter as long as a ship still functions as required?

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-03-14 11:42:30 UTC
Suck it up buttercup - making **** ugly so that you spend money to make it look better is the way forward.

"It's just a lighting change" that makes things look weird.

Pay up or move on rudeboy.

Aaaaaaand relax.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-03-14 19:53:30 UTC
+1, Amarr ships look like crap now, literally. I'm thinking if I want a dev to colorize or tweak ship appearances, I wouldn't pick the one that graduated from the Helen Keller school of interior design.

Seriously, just look at the friggin PIlgrim now...looks like a bloody dirty rusted Minmattar ship. Ugh.

F
Zofe Stormcaller
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-03-14 21:26:09 UTC

WTB tech 2 slave repairer...
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#36 - 2014-03-14 21:29:52 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
I'm thinking if I want a dev to colorize or tweak ship appearances, I wouldn't pick the one that graduated from the Helen Keller school of interior design.

Hehe. Lol

Zofe Stormcaller
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-03-14 21:32:34 UTC
BTW, at least its better than what happened to Sansha ships. They went from murdered out gloss black with deep orange lights to turd brown, to turd brown with a moldy green flip. The model design of the Revenant doesn't exactly help this look either.
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-03-14 23:06:32 UTC
Amarrian ships "should" all look like the apoc imperial issue, now THAT is a GOLDEN fleet ship. $10 says that will be a color scheme they sell for cash soon. (And it'll cost more than $10 too.)
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#39 - 2014-03-14 23:08:50 UTC
+1, Amarr ships look like crap now, literally. I'm thinking if I want a dev to colorize or tweak ship appearances, I wouldn't pick the one that graduated from the Helen Keller school of interior design.

Seriously, just look at the friggin PIlgrim now...looks like a bloody dirty rusted Minmattar ship. Ugh.

F

You forgot to link your blog.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#40 - 2014-03-14 23:42:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1

F

Perhaps you'd care to post a screenshot of the Pilgrim, so that the rest of us with decent computers can appreciate the glossy coppery red color now.

Edit:

Here, let me do that for you.
Pilgrim with new lighting effects

Seriously, if this looks brown to you... you need to calibrate your monitor.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Previous page123Next page