These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dual sovereignty for Luminaire solar system Gallente/Caldari

Author
Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#141 - 2014-03-14 02:09:31 UTC
I believe those interested in rapprochement between the State and Federation should consider a few points in their thinking:

- The UDI terrorist responsible for orchestrating the Elarel massacre, Goran Mitalek, was extradited to the Amarr Empire under, "Separate charges" only to have their prison convoy attacked and to disappear under some rather dubious circumstances with no confirmation of their death.

- Admiral Eturrer, the man responsible for undermining the Tripwire system, sought refuge not in the Caldari State but in the Amarr Empire as a, "Guest" of Uriam Kador.

- The origin of capital used by Former Executor Tibus Heth to purchase Caldari Constructions stock has never been disclosed or become known.

- Former Executor Tibus Heth indebted Kaalakiota to the Tash-Murkon Family and the Empress Sarum in accepting the CAESA loans.

- Former Executor Tibus Heth disappeared in very similar circumstances to Goran Mitalek of the UDI in having their convoy attacked by mysterious attackers using laser based weaponry.

Always remember: Spending too much time focused on the centre of the board with the movement of Pawns can make you vulnerable to be cornered on the flanks by Knight and Bishop if a gambit is made in exposing the Queen.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#142 - 2014-03-14 02:25:57 UTC
I tried to get Tibby to spill the beans about Nation's involvement with the Kador years ago - or at least last year - but he simply refused to cooperate. As is Tibby's Way.

Once again, I must lament the Executor's lack of Faith in my mushroom cellar.
Agiri Falken
Akagi Initiative
#143 - 2014-03-14 02:34:08 UTC
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:

A dual sovereignty treaty in Luminaire would not bring peace or further security; it would cause heightened military tension to the heart of Federation Space. It would be an open invitation to extremists and terrorists. That could possibly allow for provocateurs to set up the Federation Navy, forcing them into the scenario of violating various treaties, and escalating into a full scale military engagement between Federation and State forces. I admit this is worst case speculation, however it is not a possibility we should turn a blind eye to.

Mostly true, yes. Don't forget, though, location makes a difference. By default, our home world is dead center in Federation space, which makes for one hell of a force multiplier for you, both politically and militarily.

The invasion in 110 was ONLY possible through an astronomically unlikely series of events that I doubt would ever be repeated. I think we made our point, but anyone who thinks the same could be done again is deluding themselves. What this means is that we would stand to lose the one thing all this dying is over. Home. Nobody wants to lose it, and the State can't bring sufficient force to bear to take it wholesale AND hold it in the heart of Fed space, so that leaves negotiation.

I guarantee you, NOBODY wants to be the one who loses Home again. I don't know how much exposure you've had to Caldari, but anybody pulling something for personal gain when the potential cost is so high would end up disappeared. Or thrown to the wolves. Heiian demands that we set aside our personal pride, and do what's needed, when it comes to matters that affect the State, and the Caldari, as a whole.

If that meant sucking it up and playing ball, that's what would happen, because that's what's expected of the very concept. It's so deeply held by anyone even close to being one of us that it's uncanny to people who have never lived it.

Sure, there would be tension. That's a given. But that is something that could be worked around enough that it would lessen. The first CalNav captain who lets his personal prejudice override common sense probably wouldn't need to be court marshalled. They'd likely have already been dealt with by their own XO and fellow officers for even THINKING of putting themselves first. If they made it to the brig, they'd wish they hadn't.

What it really comes down to, is establishing the status quo as the best we can manage, rather than simply saying 'this is the status quo', and denying it could improve. If we want to curb the body count, it has to.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#144 - 2014-03-14 04:36:23 UTC
Agreement to the above, with the caveat that denying the State access to Home will simply ensure a buildup of forces until the impossible becomes possible again. Nobody expects joint-sovereignty of Luminaire, simply don't seek to deny us our Homeworld again.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#145 - 2014-03-14 04:41:15 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Agreement to the above, with the caveat that denying the State access to Home will simply ensure a buildup of forces until the impossible becomes possible again. Nobody expects joint-sovereignty of Luminaire, simply don't seek to deny us our Homeworld again.

I stand in agreement.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Agiri Falken
Akagi Initiative
#146 - 2014-03-14 04:49:54 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Ah Pieter, always there to point out this old gals loopholes. Consider me in agreement. Big smile
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#147 - 2014-03-14 07:10:05 UTC
Agiri Falken wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Ah Pieter, always there to point out this old gals loopholes. Consider me in agreement. Big smile

I thought it was worth a reminder :)

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Agiri Falken
Akagi Initiative
#148 - 2014-03-14 07:13:41 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Agiri Falken wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

I thought it was worth a reminder :)

Always is, kirjuun. Always is.
Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#149 - 2014-03-14 13:23:51 UTC
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:

A dual sovereignty treaty in Luminaire would not bring peace or further security; it would bring heightened military tension to the heart of Federation Space.

Well, Mr. Vorpalstar, if dual sovereignty won't work for you, than transferring whole Luminaire under Caldari sovereignty will solve the problem. We will show you, that Caldari Navy is way more efficient at guarding citizens, than federals.

Noden Vorpalstar wrote:
It would be an open invitation to extremists and terrorists. That could possibly allow for provocateurs to set up the Federation Navy, forcing them into the scenario of violating various treaties, and escalating into a full scale military engagement between Federation and State forces. I admit this is worst case speculation, however it is not a possibility we should turn a blind eye to.

In fact, you don't have to provocate Federation Navy, for example, they attacked our leviathan without provocation. And they attacked Caldari Prime on the ground without provocation as well.
Oh, and that Admiral Noir attacked Malkalen station without provocation too.
You see, it is the Federal Navy that gives problems, while Caldari Navy remains professional.
For peace to be possible, Federal Navy should be prohibited from presence and operations in systems or near planets with dual sovereignty.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#150 - 2014-03-14 13:28:36 UTC
Agiri Falken wrote:

The invasion in 110 was ONLY possible through an astronomically unlikely series of events that I doubt would ever be repeated. I think we made our point, but anyone who thinks the same could be done again is deluding themselves.

Look, civilian, you have no idea what our Navy is capable of.
Go play your toy soldiers elsewhere, really...

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#151 - 2014-03-14 13:30:15 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

The problem is, that parts of our Homeworld are still occupied by galletean swines.

TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#152 - 2014-03-14 16:45:46 UTC  |  Edited by: TomHorn
Agiri Falken wrote:
You picked your side, now go whimper about what you want to people who care.

My side is Caldari Falken haani
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#153 - 2014-03-14 16:57:15 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Agiri Falken wrote:

The invasion in 110 was ONLY possible through an astronomically unlikely series of events that I doubt would ever be repeated. I think we made our point, but anyone who thinks the same could be done again is deluding themselves.

Actually, she's not wrong. Your fleet, while formidable, wouldn't be able to fight an offensive campaign through our systems on the way to Luminaire and hope to accomplish anything worthwhile.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Ninavask
Alexylva Paradox
#154 - 2014-03-14 17:01:35 UTC
The desire to have De Jure control over a system , even in part, that your empire has no De Factio control to begin with hurts my brain... If you can't in fact control something trying to do it through political means is irrelevant. It's like claiming you own a ship pirates just stole from you, all because you claim to own it won't make a difference if you don't actually possess it any longer.

Luminaire is not on the border of Caldari space, meaning there would be no way for supply lines to get in or out without various other agreements to allow it from the Gallente. Basically allowing more and more expensive Caldari resources to enter an isolated and easily cut off island of Caldari space. A single planet is not entirely that difficult to deny resources. Much less half of one with the other half already belonging to you.

There is no strategic purpose, other then chest beating and braying, to take Caldari Prime in any form of conflict until the entire region could be secured, which at this current state would be a tactical impossibility unless someone can prove my best guesses wrong.

Basically be happy the Gallente government didn't just, as was pointed out earlier, conquer the rest of the planet again.

Dr. Ninavask Revan

Colonist

Alexylva Paradox

The views above are the opinions and beliefs of Dr. Ninavask and do in no way reflect on his employeers or associates at the time of posting.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#155 - 2014-03-14 17:31:55 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Agiri Falken wrote:

Actually, she's not wrong. Your fleet, while formidable, wouldn't be able to fight an offensive campaign through our systems on the way to Luminaire and hope to accomplish anything worthwhile.

Your "systems" on the way to Luminaire is just an Algogille.
The only thing that these "series of events" have achieved, is saved Caldari lives of many pilots, who would die otherwise, fighting off gallenteans, while planet were captured. But the operation would succeed anyways.
Of course, I am grateful that these events happened and many Caldari lives were saved, but no one should give them decisive role in our victory.
We have achieved that victory only because of will and strength of Caldari People, led by our greatest hero Tibus Heth, and professionalism of our Navy.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#156 - 2014-03-14 18:11:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Pieter Tuulinen
Ninavask wrote:
The desire to have De Jure control over a system , even in part, that your empire has no De Factio control to begin with hurts my brain... If you can't in fact control something trying to do it through political means is irrelevant. It's like claiming you own a ship pirates just stole from you, all because you claim to own it won't make a difference if you don't actually possess it any longer.

Luminaire is not on the border of Caldari space, meaning there would be no way for supply lines to get in or out without various other agreements to allow it from the Gallente. Basically allowing more and more expensive Caldari resources to enter an isolated and easily cut off island of Caldari space. A single planet is not entirely that difficult to deny resources. Much less half of one with the other half already belonging to you.

There is no strategic purpose, other then chest beating and braying, to take Caldari Prime in any form of conflict until the entire region could be secured, which at this current state would be a tactical impossibility unless someone can prove my best guesses wrong.

Basically be happy the Gallente government didn't just, as was pointed out earlier, conquer the rest of the planet again.

You act as if they didn't try and, again, fail to understand that controlling Caldari Prime is not a means, it is the end. The be all and end all. The point.

All we actually desire.

Anything else that we do is merely an enabler. I hate to belabour the point, but jaiiji seem to think that Caldari Prime is simply the first move in some cunning plan.

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#157 - 2014-03-14 18:38:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
I hate to belabour the point, but jaiiji seem to think that Caldari Prime is simply the first move in some cunning plan.

They're right, because it was for Heth.

Do you really think Heth wanted any less? ... and why should they forget so quickly about him? Why should they believe any of us are 'a changed people'?

Why did Heth keep fighting the war after taking back Caldari Prime? Why didn't he sue for peace? Why didn't he simply sit down at the table and say, "We have what we want, we don't need to fight you any more."

It's because Heth, Dragonaurs, Provists, and their ilk - they want the Federation destroyed. Some even want to exterminate the Gallente race. They didn't come from some jaijii demographic either. They came from within. Born and bred Caldari, same as you and me. Sure they're twisted, deranged, and don't have the best interests of the State in mind. They don't speak for the State (anymore), and they don't represent majority opinion... but it doesn't matter, does it? That excuse doesn't work anymore, and its our fault.

For five years they controlled State policy. For five years they taught the Federation a brand new lesson: Home is not all the Caldari seek. The Federation has learned the hard way, through Tibus Heth and the reluctance of Patriots and Practicals to counter a madman's agenda, that there is a significant and powerful enough population of Caldari who seek the end of their way of life as they know it. They watched as a supposed "minority" and "outcast" group took complete control of our beloved State and directed us on the path to war. They watched as people like you, honest men and women of the State, puffed out your chests and rode to war in the CPD's directive long after Caldari Prime was taken - because they convinced you it's the right thing to do.

So, I'm sorry, but don't stand there and act like Caldari Prime is all we're after. The only people honestly saying that are Ishukone, because we're the only ones actually trying to put a stop to the conflict.

Katrina Oniseki

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#158 - 2014-03-14 20:17:21 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

In fact, you don't have to provocate Federation Navy, for example, they attacked our leviathan without provocation. And they attacked Caldari Prime on the ground without provocation as well.
I'd say having a Titan poised to bomb Gallente civilians is provocation enoughStraight. I do, however, regret that the pilot of said titan wasn't smart enough to pull away from the planet when his shield reps failed.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#159 - 2014-03-14 20:37:05 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

I'd say having a Titan poised to bomb Gallente civilians is provocation enoughStraight. I do, however, regret that the pilot of said titan wasn't smart enough to pull away from the planet when his shield reps failed.

Your point is invalid, since that titan never bombed any Gallentean civilians...
But I wish it did, and burned all this scum away from surface of our planet!

And in fact, gallentean citizens were under threat ONLY BECAUSE FEDERATION ATTACKED US...
If they didn't there wasn't any threat at all, you see.
And I repeat, I would prefer gallenteans to be burned to crisps for this treacherous gallentean attack.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#160 - 2014-03-14 20:54:42 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

It's because Heth, Dragonaurs, Provists, and their ilk - they want the Federation destroyed. Some even want to exterminate the Gallente race. They didn't come from some jaijii demographic either. They came from within. Born and bred Caldari, same as you and me. Sure they're twisted, deranged, and don't have the best interests of the State in mind. They don't speak for the State (anymore), and they don't represent majority opinion... but it doesn't matter, does it? That excuse doesn't work anymore, and its our fault.

OUR FAULT is breeding traitors like you, who prefer to lick federal buttocks and follow interests of your deranged corporation instead on interests of the State and Caldari People.
You, who run to hide in nullsec instead of defending the State, simply can't speak for the State anymore.
The State has wasted our resources on letting you to be born and grow.

Katrina Oniseki wrote:
The Federation has learned the hard way, through Tibus Heth and the reluctance of Patriots and Practicals to counter a madman's agenda

Because only hnolku tyuui would call greatest Caldari hero Tibus Heth as 'madman'. You with all your alliance together don't cost more than just a tip of his finger.

Katrina Oniseki wrote:
The only people honestly saying that are Ishukone, because we're the only ones actually trying to put a stop to the conflict.

Last two CEOs of Ishukone, including this disgusting Reppola, turned prosperous corporation into den of indecency, treason and gallente-loving. They disgraced whole megacorporation, that started to deal with enemies of all other, or, of all real Caldari.
Those "Caldari", who stayed with Ishukone after it started dealing with enemy, can't be called Caldari anymore. They are just same traitor tyuui like their disgraced CEOs.

The only way to stop the conflict is to win the damn war.
And traitors from Ishukone prefer to disgrace themselves instead of doing what Caldari must do. Their cowardice and treason are not acceptable behaviors in Caldari society!

Probably a proper Provist CEO could save Ishukone, but under current course and management this megacorp will continue to rot and degrade. I wouldn't be surprised that Reppola is actually a gallentean plant. After all, it is he, who gained that much after Nyx attack on Malkalen station.