These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why is eve being full of scamers gankers bumpers and liars?

First post
Author
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#161 - 2014-03-14 00:57:58 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Divine Entervention wrote:
You're the one who keeps trying to compare morality to poker.
No, that's just you being unable to distinguish what goes on in your head with what goes on in the real world. No such comparison has ever been made.

But since you bring it up, does bluffing in poker make you a bad person and a compulsive liar? Does playing the cop in a game of cops and robbers make the kid a good person?

The real world is you're choosing to sit at your computer and type on the eve forum so you can spread the message that people who do bad things aren't bad people.

Or do you think you're not really you right now?

Aih-Li Tahn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#162 - 2014-03-14 00:58:06 UTC
Blodhgarm Dethahal wrote:
Do gankers lose when they strike a prime target?

the ppl who tried to awox my freighter and sucide gank my empty orca had zero to gain and something to lose. thats my question. why are there ppl who will go to any length to ruin other ppls game? or realy why so many, and im starting to beleive eve is full of very loud evil people.... sorry divine entervention i tried to stay positive Sad but this thread shows i was wrong to try
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#163 - 2014-03-14 00:58:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
I've stated my case, you've stated yours. Yours Mine revolves around attacking me everyone who disagrees with me personally, enforcing my point that bad people exist and be their true selves vicariously through EVE.

Mine My unsupported claim revolves around the fact unproven assumption that people who make the choice to do bad things play the game as intended are bad people.
You had a couple of misspellings in there. I fixed them up for you.

Quote:
Which for some reason influences you to wish to do bad things to me.
Could you point to this actually happening? So far, the only one who has expressed any such wish is the guy who agreed with you and who wanted me to die for pointing out that your claims are prejudiced.

Quote:
The real world is you're choosing to sit at your computer and type on the eve forum so you can spread the message that people who do bad things aren't bad people.
No, that's once again just you confusing what goes on in your head with what actually goes on in the real world.

By the way, you never answered the question: does bluffing in poker make you a bad person and a compulsive liar? Does playing the cop in a game of cops and robbers make the kid a good person?
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#164 - 2014-03-14 00:59:54 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Mine revolves around the fact that people who make the choice to do bad things are bad people. Which for some reason influences you to wish to do bad things to me.

You are, from my perspective, a bad person. You are doing bad things to people.

Furthermore you are duplicitous and insincere in discourse.
Whether you are aware of it or not, you repeatedly break multiple rules of unilateral and objective communication.
You are not as smart as you think you are, you are not as educated as you think you are, your morality is not as honed as you think it is.

In all these things, you strike me as a dilettante. A hack. At worst, a demagog. Someone who has taken the first steps but is too cowardly to apply to themselves the morality they espouse and would apply to others.

Alright well, you've already disrespected me. Because of the way you chose to interact with me, I get to choose to not take your conclusion as an honest assessment.

You performed an action that resulted in a reaction of my considering your stance invalid. Consequence of your actions.

#accountability
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#165 - 2014-03-14 01:02:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
Tippia wrote:
I've stated my case, you've stated yours. Yours Mine revolves around attacking me everyone who disagrees with me personally, enforcing my point that bad people exist and be their true selves vicariously through EVE.

Mine My unsupported claim revolves around the fact unproven assumption that people who make the choice to do bad things are bad people.
You had a couple of misspellings in there. I fixed them up for you.

Quote:
Which for some reason influences you to wish to do bad things to me.
Could you point to this actually happening? So far, the only one who has expressed any such wish is the guy who agreed with you and who wanted me to die for pointing out that your claims are prejudiced.

Quote:
No, that's once again just you confusing what goes on in your head with what actually goes on in the real world.

By the way, you never answered the question: does bluffing in poker make you a bad person and a compulsive liar? Does playing the cop in a game of cops and robbers make the kid a good person?

You must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're resorting to correcting spelling errors. And if you read the thread, you'll see where Salvos Rhoska completely disrespected my request to not ask me about my personal appearance on a public forum.

#thebest
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#166 - 2014-03-14 01:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Alright well, you've already disrespected me.
When did he do that? No, asking you to actually answer a question rather than go off on a completely irrelevant tangent that you just invented is not “disrespecting” you. If anything, you disrespected him by refusing to actually address his question.

Speaking of which, does bluffing in poker make you a bad person and a compulsive liar? Does playing the cop in a game of cops and robbers make the kid a good person?

Quote:
You must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're resorting to correcting spelling errors.
Good thing that I'm not actually doing that, then.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#167 - 2014-03-14 01:04:34 UTC
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:

the ppl who tried to awox my freighter and sucide gank my empty orca had zero to gain and something to lose. thats my question. why are there ppl who will go to any length to ruin other ppls game? or realy why so many, and im starting to beleive eve is full of very loud evil people.... sorry divine entervention i tried to stay positive Sad but this thread shows i was wrong to try

They had a killmail to gain.

Some ppl genuinely try and make ISK from PvP.
Some PvPers justify PvP by saying they make ISK that way but do not really.
Some have other silly justifications for ganking like "the code".
But some people are just honest and say we gank anything that makes a good killmail.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#168 - 2014-03-14 01:05:14 UTC
I feel obligated to point out that just because someone doesn't respect you doesn't mean that their opinion is wrong.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#169 - 2014-03-14 01:07:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
masternerdguy wrote:
I feel obligated to point out that just because someone doesn't respect you doesn't mean that their opinion is wrong.

and it doesn't mean it's right.

From personal experience, people who choose to disrespect others show a tendency to say things for the sole purpose of upsetting others to feel a sense of accomplishment at having an impact on the life of another. Knowing that he's displayed a correlative similarity between people who say mean things for their own amusement, it gives me reason to believe he might be doing so at this very moment for that purpose, which for my own sake it would be better to ignore and accept the judgment of someone who's proven himself to me as one who's opinion I can believe is honest.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#170 - 2014-03-14 01:07:48 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

In this case, is almost literally true.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Salvos Rhoska
#171 - 2014-03-14 01:07:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Whether you find it offensive if I ask if you look like your avatar, is completely immaterial to me.

Its as immaterial to me, as it obviously is to you that you don't care that I find it extremely offensive that you would not answer a simple direct and neutral question that I posited to you. And to add further insult to that offense, you started speculating wildly on my person for having asked that simple direct and neutral question, when I had given no cause to do so.

Again, you are failing to apply your own moral precepts to yourself, and evading personal responsibility for your own actions, as measured not only against your own morality, but those of others around you with whom you are interacting, and whos morality you are REPEATEDLY stepping and infringing on.

This is all irrelevant though, because you have already shown me what you truly are.
I know what you are now.
I understand exactly how broken, frail and false you are.

I pity you, sincerely.

At first I thought you had some actual understanding and direction behind your posting.

Now I think there is just some juvenile emo with a moral crisis there behind that persona (and that avatar that you will not answer upon), but who is not yet psychologically and socially developed enough to understand the unilateral and consensual nature of morality in adult and civilized society. Your brand of moral absolutism is not only childish, you aren't living up to it. Nor taking responsibility for it. You aren't applying to yourself what you are expecting from others. That also, is most definately, childish.

Read some Nietzsche. Read some Sartre. And hang your head in shame from what you learn from them.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#172 - 2014-03-14 01:07:56 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

What? Are you saying Ad Hominiem is not a valid form of rational argument ?
Pix Severus
Empty You
#173 - 2014-03-14 01:07:56 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/xblF4.gif

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#174 - 2014-03-14 01:08:58 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

You are correct. Whether or not someone has respect for you as a person has no bearing on whether or not they are correct about the topic at hand. Attacking people for not respecting you is beside the point and irrelevant.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#175 - 2014-03-14 01:09:10 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

…but as luck would have it, no-one is trying to make that particular value judgement. The only thing someone tried to do was the kind fallacious dismissal of an argument that MNG mentions.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#176 - 2014-03-14 01:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
It explains that people are willing to disconnect themselves from their own actions. The context being EVE.

Wrong.

It explains that they have very much connected themselves to their actions. They have chosen to play within the rules and with the tools provided to them. As a person, they are making the moral and ethical choices that society expects.

Plain and simple.

Any other judgement you make on the subject is purely a result of your paranoid personality disorder and superiority complex.
Kais Klip
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#177 - 2014-03-14 01:13:07 UTC
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:

You misunderstand, for some your upset is the reward, this doesn't mean you should stop playing the game, rather stop being upset; have a laugh at your own misfortune and suddenly both parties are being entertained. Don't get me wrong, I play to have my own fun first and foremost, but a person turning around and saying they enjoyed the fight, that they learned from the loss or had more fun from it than they would have if they had won adds a sweet cherry on op of another cake.

'They' will keep having fun, why not join them in laughing?

Now some cannot play with such legalised trolls, for lack of a better phrase, and they will have more fun in another game. If you fail to take heed to my advice, but still want to stick with eve, think of it this way; don't give them tears and they'll move on to find another watering hole.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#178 - 2014-03-14 01:15:05 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Whether you find it offensive if I ask if you look like your avatar, is completely immaterial to me.

Its as immaterial to me, as it obviously is to you that you don't care that I find it extremely offensive that you would not answer a simple direct and neutral question that I posited to you. And to add further insult to that offense, you started speculating wildly on my person for having asked that simple direct and neutral question, when I had given no cause to do so.

Again, you are failing to apply your own moral precepts to yourself, and evading personal responsibility for your own actions, as measured not only against your own morality, but those of others around you with whom you are interacting, and whos morality you are REPEATEDLY stepping and infringing on.

This is all irrelevant though, because you have already shown me what you truly are.
I know what you are now.
I understand exactly how broken, frail and false you are.

I pity you, sincerely.

This is like textbook trolling right here.

Let me find the psychological report about those who troll.

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/domestic/9776-research-internet-trolls-are-sadistic-narcissistic-and-psychopathic.html

Considering that your post is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting me in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response, which happens to be the very definition of trolling according to CCP's forum rules, coupled with the link I posted that is a psychological report on those who troll on the internet:

Would you feel that you are either a Sadist, Narcissist, or a Psychopath? Or are you completely disconnected from your own actions?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#179 - 2014-03-14 01:16:27 UTC
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#180 - 2014-03-14 01:18:36 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Yea, i know. Ugh