These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why is eve being full of scamers gankers bumpers and liars?

First post
Author
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#41 - 2014-03-13 22:33:34 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Because this is just a game, and your in-game actions do not reflect your real world ones.


Actually no. It absolutely reflects the players character. The player decides to be a pirate, a soldier, a thief, a miner, w/e.

It doesn't happen by accident.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#42 - 2014-03-13 22:33:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
how do u work together in a 2-player game?
You should look up the games I mentioned.

Quote:
pls explain without hyperbola pls
No. Sod off and do try to make a few neurons fire in sequence for once.


Claud Tiberius wrote:
Actually no. It absolutely reflects the players character.
Correct: it reflects the character, not the player.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-03-13 22:36:40 UTC
Claud Tiberius wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Because this is just a game, and your in-game actions do not reflect your real world ones.


Actually no. It absolutely reflects the players character. The player decides to be a pirate, a soldier, a thief, a miner, w/e.

It doesn't happen by accident.


So you never played cops and robbers as a kid I take it?

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Aih-Li Tahn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2014-03-13 22:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Aih-Li Tahn
Tippia wrote:
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
how do u work together in a 2-player game?
You should look up the games I mentioned.

Quote:
pls explain without hyperbola pls
No. Sod off and do try to make a few neurons fire in sequence for once.


Claud Tiberius wrote:
Actually no. It absolutely reflects the players character.
Correct: it reflects the character, not the player.

holy **** please stop the abuse... u cant be communicating clearly and then u go attack me? geez u kno what nvm, blocked, im not gonna deal with this toxic
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#45 - 2014-03-13 22:37:36 UTC
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#46 - 2014-03-13 22:37:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
holy **** please stop the abuse.
Have you looked up the games yet?

Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters.
…and will succeed every time since they have nothing to do with each other.
Salvos Rhoska
#47 - 2014-03-13 22:39:07 UTC
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
ppl are hostiler in eve for some reason... do u know why?


I dunno, but I don't like you already.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-03-13 22:40:23 UTC
I hope you'll eventually see what you're doing.

Right now, you're complaining on the forums about how bad people are bad people. It is a magnet. You've expressed an emotion, which to them, is a weakness. They're not normal, and you're trying to hold them to normal standards, and all it does is create an opening which the people who derive enjoyment from upsetting others utilize to try and further exacerbate the "weakness" you've exposed.

These people don't really care about what it is they're doing or saying. Which is their fault, but they don't care. All people are to them are potential sources for their own amusement. You're letting yourself be used by them through choosing to interact with them.

You stated your peace, and there are those of us who agree and understand. Normal people.

But normal people aren't motivated by the same things, we understand what it is you're doing and while we appreciate it, we know expressing agreement only makes us targets for their rage. They, being motivated by causing disruption to achieve some sense of impact in others lives since they're incapable of creating a positive impact, use this opportunity you've created to hopefully further destabilize you, just because.

Because they can. They have a severe disconnect with humanity and reality. They believe that if they can do something, they should. While the rest of us understand that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Anything you say will be used against you, regardless of their statements being grounded in reality or not, because their goal isn't any sort of meaningful accomplishment. Only one of simplicity.

Maor teers plx
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#49 - 2014-03-13 22:41:02 UTC
Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile


Maybe your inability to separate reality from fantasy is your own problem?

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#50 - 2014-03-13 22:41:36 UTC

Because EvE is an Everyone vs Everyone game.

Be the Villain.

Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#51 - 2014-03-13 22:42:18 UTC
To answer OP's question:

We do it because we can and without conflict this game would be boring and best way to create conflict is to shoot someone and even better is to do it with friends, so you can share the experience.
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#52 - 2014-03-13 22:42:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
holy **** please stop the abuse.
Have you looked up the games yet?

Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters.
…and will succeed every time since they have nothing to do with each other.

They have everything to do with each other.

There is no guarantee a character is going to be played the exact same way, irrespective to the player.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#53 - 2014-03-13 22:43:23 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile


Maybe your inability to separate reality from fantasy is your own problem?

I have a problem with that?

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#54 - 2014-03-13 22:43:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Aih-Li Tahn wrote:
Why is eve being full of scamers gankers bumpers and liars?

EVE isn't full of them exclusively. They just make far more noise for their sliver of the population.

The last bumper I encountered was 4 years ago when I was jetcan mining in my Osprey (back when it had a mining yield bonus). I lost a very small portion of ore as a result. No shots were fired.

The last scammer I encountered was several months ago. I had several BPC on the market, and he offered to buy them all for a slightly discounted rate. He made up a bogus contract, which I corrected him on, to which he responded with another bogus contract, which I also called him on, I then offered to make the contract myself, causing him to depart chat. This is at least the third time I've had the exact same thing happen. My loss: minor amount of contract broker fees.

I don't ever recall encountering a liar in EVE, or else the ones I've encountered are just very good liars, or my memory is getting really poor.
Aih-Li Tahn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2014-03-13 22:43:55 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
I hope you'll eventually see what you're doing.

Right now, you're complaining on the forums about how bad people are bad people. It is a magnet. You've expressed an emotion, which to them, is a weakness. They're not normal, and you're trying to hold them to normal standards, and all it does is create an opening which the people who derive enjoyment from upsetting others utilize to try and further exacerbate the "weakness" you've exposed.

These people don't really care about what it is they're doing or saying. Which is their fault, but they don't care. All people are to them are potential sources for their own amusement. You're letting yourself be used by them through choosing to interact with them.

You stated your peace, and there are those of us who agree and understand. Normal people.

But normal people aren't motivated by the same things, we understand what it is you're doing and while we appreciate it, we know expressing agreement only makes us targets for their rage. They, being motivated by causing disruption to achieve some sense of impact in others lives since they're incapable of creating a positive impact, use this opportunity you've created to hopefully further destabilize you, just because.

Because they can. They have a severe disconnect with humanity and reality. They believe that if they can do something, they should. While the rest of us understand that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Anything you say will be used against you, regardless of their statements being grounded in reality or not, because their goal isn't any sort of meaningful accomplishment. Only one of simplicity.

Maor teers plx

its hard to find ""normal"" ppl though... i was hoping a discusion would help, but aparently not



also lol, i didnt know i was geting tears, that actually makes it a bit sad, i think ppl are feeling bad but stoping it because they dont like being wrong
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-03-13 22:44:40 UTC
Claud Tiberius wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile


Maybe your inability to separate reality from fantasy is your own problem?

I have a problem with that?


Yes, since you cannot separate the character in the fictional world from the person in the real world.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Aih-Li Tahn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2014-03-13 22:45:38 UTC
Baneken wrote:
To answer OP's question:

We do it because we can and without conflict this game would be boring and best way to create conflict is to shoot someone and even better is to do it with friends, so you can share the experience.

yes conflict is good and GAINING from conflict is fun and producive, but conflict with just losing for everyone dosent make sense!!! can u explain that for me pls? thats all im trying to get
Dain Rokjaw
Doomheim
#58 - 2014-03-13 22:46:03 UTC
NPC corp suggesting lack of "courage in conviction",, check.
Overly bad spelling, (hopefully on purpose), and careless presentation, check
Female portrait, unlikely to actually be in the 4%, confused identity, check.
Over-inflated sense of self importance, claiming topic ownership, check
Frequent replies and hitting "refresh", attention seeking, check
Completely ignoring reasonable attempts at discussion, check

All signs point to male adolescent trying too hard, probably raging hormones around early puberty. I prescribe a healthy dose of "grow the **** up"...

Big smile
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#59 - 2014-03-13 22:46:49 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile


Maybe your inability to separate reality from fantasy is your own problem?

I have a problem with that?


Yes, since you cannot separate the character in the fictional world from the person in the real world.

There is no rule saying I cant. If you don't like it, I don't care. Seems to me its your problem.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-03-13 22:48:15 UTC
Claud Tiberius wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Claud Tiberius wrote:
You can try to separate your life and the characters. But in the end you created the player and you are playing the character.

Don't be ashamed, its only a game. Smile


Maybe your inability to separate reality from fantasy is your own problem?

I have a problem with that?


Yes, since you cannot separate the character in the fictional world from the person in the real world.

There is no rule saying I cant. If you don't like it, I don't care. Seems to me its your problem.


If you are unable to see that the character is going to behave differently from the person who plays it, then that is your problem not mine. It seems you are the one projecting your own problems onto the game.

Things are only impossible until they are not.