These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Is the Naglfar worth a **** yet?

First post
Author
Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#1 - 2014-03-13 17:12:05 UTC
I noticed that they changed it so it effectively has 3 turret slots (I'm assuming they just didn't want to change the in game model.) So, is it? Or is it still completely outclassed?
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#2 - 2014-03-13 17:27:06 UTC
Its pretty good now.

Not today spaghetti.

Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#3 - 2014-03-13 17:29:26 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Its pretty good now.

Yaaaay

I have disillusioned myself of any hope of flying one within my lifetime, but still. Yaaaay. It's the ship that got me into EVE Online.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
Thermodynamics
#4 - 2014-03-13 20:18:46 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Its pretty good now.

Yaaaay

I have disillusioned myself of any hope of flying one within my lifetime, but still. Yaaaay. It's the ship that got me into EVE Online.

The tall piece of driftwood got you into this game, when there are ships like the Abaddon? Whatever floats your boat Roll

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2014-03-13 20:26:36 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Lilianna Star wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Its pretty good now.

Yaaaay

The tall piece of driftwood got you into this game, when there are ships like the Abaddon? Whatever floats your boat Roll

Whatever fills space in EvE float my boat... Big smile
Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#6 - 2014-03-13 21:10:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lilianna Star
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Lilianna Star wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Its pretty good now.

Yaaaay

I loved the vertical design...

http://i.imgur.com/FBvALDI.jpg
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-03-13 21:43:43 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Lilianna Star wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Its pretty good now.

Yaaaay

It's almost like everyone has their own opinion about what ships look good.
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-03-14 02:42:19 UTC
behind the moros but it is the second best dread atm. and the best if you need alpha
Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#9 - 2014-03-14 02:56:12 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
behind the moros but it is the second best dread atm. and the best if you need alpha

I thought the Revelation was one of the best dreads? What happened to that?
Shurgin Ambraelle
Vagrants Against Gankers In Null Alliances
Single Mother Support Squad
#10 - 2014-03-14 05:05:40 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:
Lady Naween wrote:

Never saw a REV stand up against a moros Tank wise. Plus the senturies on a moros gave it a "fourth" gun. Have been out of the game a while so things may have changed.

The Biggest FUCer of them all!! RL COMES 1ST!!

-The Gene Pool Could Use a Little Chlorine!! Proud Member of InPanic!!

Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#11 - 2014-03-14 05:30:08 UTC
Shurgin Ambraelle wrote:
Lilianna Star wrote:
Lady Naween wrote:

Never saw a REV stand up against a moros Tank wise. Plus the senturies on a moros gave it a "fourth" gun. Have been out of the game a while so things may have changed.

For starters dreads no longer have drone bays...haven't for well over two years. Secondly the Moros' strength is beginning siege on top of its targets. The Rev, much like the Nag, can project damage farther and more effectively if the fight moves away from it. That said, like in subcap warfare, blasters win if they're in front of your nose. Otherwise it's a debate between whether you need projection and how you plan to get it.

Plus, AMARR VICTOR

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#12 - 2014-03-14 12:31:59 UTC
I've always heard that the Revelation was one of the best because you didn't need to restock their ammo.
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#13 - 2014-03-14 13:27:09 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:
Lady Naween wrote:

It used to be. Then CCP rebalanced the nag and it became the best dread by far.

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Blodhgarm Dethahal
Moist Towelettes.
#14 - 2014-03-14 13:31:25 UTC
The Revelation is the best anti Shield Dread arguably and has the strongest armor tank out there is addition to the best capacitor time thanks to its naturally strong capacitor. 8 Lows \o/

However, Dreads tend to take on a blap role now a days for which Moros and Nag, Moros especially, are better. Or if you go anticapital Dreads Shield Moros or Nag are better thanks to their extream Shield Burst Tank.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#15 - 2014-03-14 14:24:48 UTC
Revelation is trash, Naglfar all the way.
Rab See
Fool Mental Junket
#16 - 2014-03-14 14:47:33 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:

Only if you arent shooting a large POS ... for a looong time. Rev wins in my book.

But its good now, 2nd or 3rd best depending on context. DPS isnt the issue, its projection of that DPS that counts.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-03-14 15:37:38 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:
I've always heard that the Revelation was one of the best because you didn't need to restock their ammo.

actually ammo for Dreads is not a problem at all....

Once i bought 5000 super expensive 'shadow something antimatter XL'. And i still have like 4000 somewhere in stations. This is after many CTAs in one Moros, losing it in fight, buying and fitting second and losing it again.

Actually Moros has 3 guns with ROF of 6 seconds (can be wrong here, far too long in high-sec). So in 1 minute you spend 30 items of ammo. Nothing actually.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#18 - 2014-03-14 19:34:46 UTC
Selectable Damage.
Massive Alpha.
Capless Weapons.

What's not to like?
Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#19 - 2014-03-14 20:15:00 UTC
The main reason that the Nag is the best dread is because it is freaking vertical!

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

Lojak 2501
United Research and Development
#20 - 2014-03-14 20:25:48 UTC
♥ the tower of power!
123Next page