These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

close

Author
Kontrapshun
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-03-13 17:06:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kontrapshun
Another worthless post.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-03-13 17:08:31 UTC
already paying for sub with RL cash. Just because i'm lazy to grind ISK to buy PLEX

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Doireen Kaundur
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-03-13 17:10:33 UTC
I hate free to play games because they are always wanting your cash.

_[center]For your Freighter **sized shipping needs, contact _[u]Lord Chanlin[/u].** _ Fast, affordable, reliable service._

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Lord%20Chanlin[/center]

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#4 - 2014-03-13 17:10:45 UTC
1) You can already do this if you want. It'll just take work.

2) I don't believe you. Adding more PVE content means you would just do more PVE and thus buy plex with isk.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Merida DunBrogh
Black Screen Of Raging Defeat
#5 - 2014-03-13 17:12:51 UTC
There is no difference for CCP whether you buy plex or through subscription.
You buy subscription = money for CCP
You buy plex from market = other player bought plex from CCP = money for CCP
Jack Morrison
Team Liquid crp.
#6 - 2014-03-13 17:25:18 UTC
I am sorry, i stopped reading each word as you posted you are supporting star citizen with a monthly sub.
So instead of a discussion, any chance i could get you interested into sending me some cash each month too ?
I promise i will be very creative with my promises. We can negotiate a fair price too.

Looking for a group to pew with ? Have a chat with me.

Jynxx Dragon
Lets Be Bad Guys
#7 - 2014-03-13 17:25:19 UTC
You do realize those PLEX you buy for ISK come from people who already pay real life cash for the game. they do not appear out of thin air.
Obunagawe
#8 - 2014-03-13 17:26:59 UTC
Nothing. Ever.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2014-03-13 17:29:25 UTC
Kontrapshun wrote:
So the question is honest and rather than bagging on me to just play something else (I do play PVE in EVE - for a couple years), answer the question to see if this thread can go anywhere to help CCP grow this game!
The more people use subs rather than PLEX, the less money CCP makes… so shouldn't you be asking how to make more people use PLEX?

Personally, I try to give CCP as little money as possible by using a long-term subscription. P
Victor Andall
#10 - 2014-03-13 17:31:26 UTC
Hahahahah, he thinks buying PLEX takes money away from CCP!

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Kontrapshun
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-03-13 17:33:16 UTC
Batelle wrote:
1) You can already do this if you want. It'll just take work.

2) I don't believe you. Adding more PVE content means you would just do more PVE and thus buy plex with isk.

Fair questions

1) Although I know it's an MMO, it's not worth finding a fair fight when I only have an hour to play a game.

2) Well, the point would be that PLEX would no longer be an option to subscribe and I would have to pay RL money to subscribe. Just to note, I've given CCP hundreds of RL dollars over the two years I've played (about $500 I think on various accounts), so it's more of do I continue at this point...

Kontrapshun
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-03-13 17:35:40 UTC
Merida DunBrogh wrote:
There is no difference for CCP whether you buy plex or through subscription.
You buy subscription = money for CCP
You buy plex from market = other player bought plex from CCP = money for CCP

I think everyone who has been playing a while knows that someone buys the PLEX that you use to get free game time.

That wasn't the question though.

CCP can still keep their pay to win model of PLEX, but just not for subscriptions.... I think that would help you understand what I am talking about.
Leoric Firesword
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-03-13 17:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Leoric Firesword
Not sure you understand. PLEX is bought by real money, money that goes to CCP, when you pay for PLEX via in game isk CCP has already gotten their money.

Also, EvE is one of the very few games I'd spend RL cash on at this point. (I PLEX but not because I'm unhappy, but because I can)

EDIT: Please explain how PLEX is pay to win.
Aivo Dresden
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-03-13 17:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Tippia wrote:
Personally, I try to give CCP as little money as possible by using a long-term subscription. P

Amazon PLEX sales! :D

To answer your question, I pay by PLEX. Although ultimately someone bought that PLEX from CCP so they are getting their money. Be it a player through the account management page, or Amazon, SomerBlink, ... they all at some point purchased PLEX from CCP. In fact, CCP doesn't even care what happens to the PLEX (in a financial way) anymore because they already got paid. :P
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#15 - 2014-03-13 17:41:45 UTC
If CCP had a few solid expansions in a row I would consider paying with real money.

Wormhole expansion was amazing, Incursion expansion was amazing and major ship rebalance expansion was a great expansion.

Its like they get going on the right track then see the influx of players and money and think 'Oh man profits look great lets do some stupid sh!t'.

Not today spaghetti.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#16 - 2014-03-13 17:42:02 UTC

I make more ISK / hr in real life. Why grind to play when I can just pay the annual subscription and make better use of my time!
Aivo Dresden
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-03-13 17:43:21 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

I make more ISK / hr in real life. Why grind to play when I can just pay the annual subscription and make better use of my time!

Passive income. I'm earing isk / hr while earning $ / hr. :P
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2014-03-13 17:44:30 UTC
Aivo Dresden wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Amazon PLEX sales! :D
That just means Amazon gets less money… which I suppose is a win in and of itself. Lol
Kontrapshun
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-03-13 17:48:12 UTC
Leoric Firesword wrote:
Not sure you understand. PLEX is bought by real money, money that goes to CCP, when you pay for PLEX via in game isk CCP has already gotten their money.

Also, EvE is one of the very few games I'd spend RL cash on at this point. (I PLEX but not because I'm unhappy, but because I can)

EDIT: Please explain how PLEX is pay to win.

Common on Guys, EVERYONE knows that PLEX is bought....so you can just stop saying it really!

It's just not bought by me anymore. I would like to support CCP, but I'm riding out my past RL transactions (RL Sub purchases) with ISK PLEX buys now because I don't feel the game is going anywhere with new content for me to continue contributing personally.
Doesn't mean some other joker isn't willing to pony up his CASH to buy PLEX to get that cool ship that he didn't earn in game to try his luck at the joke of PVP gang warfare system that exists....

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#20 - 2014-03-13 17:49:22 UTC
Aivo Dresden wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Passive income. I'm earing isk / hr while earning $ / hr. :P

if three plex is fifty bucks from amazon

and a tech moon used to give eight million isk an hour

and a plex sells for seven hundred million isk

a tech moon made twenty cents an hour?
12Next page