These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ganking is PVP

First post
Author
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#101 - 2014-03-13 10:11:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Xolve
loyalanon wrote:
So the ones that disagree with the honorable thing we are doing in high sec, do you think that high sec should be perfectly safe because that is what it sounds like to me.

I don't think anyone really cares to be honest, I think what you are mis-reading isn't that people are opposed to other people ganking in highsec; people do however get tired of said gankers chestbeating in literally every eve-related forum about how ~elite pvp~ they are because of their knowledge of ~game mechanics~ and how to successfully push a button to scan a ship.

Ganking is what it is, bragging about it is about the most tryhard thing you can do. Literally smug about punching a pacifist. It is however, one of the most legit ways to make isk without grinding your soul away shooting little red boxy things.
Jonestu
Royal Khanid Fleet Auxiliary
#102 - 2014-03-13 10:23:55 UTC
Xolve wrote:
I don't think anyone really cares to be honest, I think what you are mis-reading isn't that people are opposed to other people ganking in highsec; people do however get tired of said gankers chestbeating in literally every eve-related forum about how ~elite pvp~ they are because of their knowledge of ~game mechanics~ and how to successfully push a button to scan a ship.

Ganking is what it is, bragging about it is about the most tryhard thing you can do. Literally smug about punching a pacifist. It is however, one of the most legit ways to make isk without grinding your soul away shooting little red boxy things.

Nicely put Xolve. Indeed ganking is part of the game and it will be as long as you can PvP in hisec, which I hope they ever change. But there is very little skill involved in killing a lone miner that is sitting in a Retriver. Sure you pad your KB but you are not really a good PvP'er since you target people who can't defend themself. I am not saying that I think ganking is wrong but bragging about it is.
If you are alone and take down 3 other pilots that are fighting back then thats something that you can brag about.
Now I am not a PvPer I am a carebear, I have gotten blow up several times from gankers, pirates, PvP corps and people just out to have fun. Am I upset about it? Not at all its all part of the game. Is ganking PvP? Hell yes, you are "fighting" another player even if he can't fight back.
But I agree with Xolve, to brag about ganking a miner in hisec is about the same thing as saying you beat up someone who had his arms and legs tied up.
I am not saying that you should stop the ganking, its good. Keeps me on my toes but just because you have killed 1200 exhumers in hisec does not make you a good PvPer. All it does is tell us that you can fly a Catalyst.
But enough ranting.

Good luck all pirates, gankers and all other scum of the 'vers, I love you for what you are doing and I would not have it any other way. EvE is not a RP server on WoW where you can't attack anyone and thats why I love it. And fellow carebears please stop whining about getting killed in hisec and just fit a tanked procure if you are not ready to loose your ship.

6.023 x 10 to the 23rd power alligator pears = Avocado's number Dubbed Not-A-Carebear by Malcolm Shinhwa A carebear's diary

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#103 - 2014-03-13 10:24:04 UTC
Xolve wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
So the ones that disagree with the honorable thing we are doing in high sec, do you think that high sec should be perfectly safe because that is what it sounds like to me.

You cared enough to post. #isenseyourjimmiesandjellyrustling

If it upsets you that much noone is forcing you to read it.

Don't be hating because we are styling on you bro. Accept it for what it is and remember to pick up a permit from any authorized new order agent for a cool 10mil isk for one year.

Ill wait for your - *you are so bad and I'm going to cry more* post

GG2EZ4ME
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#104 - 2014-03-13 10:28:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
Benny Ohu wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
I proceeded to explain that as I was versing a player, and the person I killed was a player, therefore I was "versing" another player which qualifies to fall under player versus player.

'versus' means 'against' or 'opposed' and this makes me madder than i like to admit
Versing someone means writing a poem about them I think. Maybe. What?

Who put the goat in there?

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#105 - 2014-03-13 10:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiryen O'Bannon
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Trying to police afk play or botting isnt roleplaying. Pretending to be organized crime lords, terrorists or fanatics that attack people in highsec is roleplaying.

So, you're telling us not to meta, while we roleplay?
Im telling you your meta is not roleplaying, and isnt actually about improving the game.

Quote:
Do you seriously hear yourself? You're telling people that the way they play the game is wrong. Which is precisely the same thing I say to people who afk in belts for hours on end./quote] No, Im not. I said several times that if you want to play this way, then play this way. I'm pointing out that you are just playing the game; you are not some a priori effort to improve it just because you say so. Your ganking is just ganking and does not address the problem you claim it does.

[Quote]The difference is, I'm actually playing the game, and they're just watching Family Guy with a tab of this game open at the same time.

They're playing the game too, and suffering the consequences of their choices. That's fine, but it dorsn't give you some sort of claim to playing "right". Acceptable losses in the name of greater efficiency can be written off. Hell, for all you know they arent afk at all; they're hotdropping someone on their other screen. Going to start a crusade against multiple accounts, too? Good luck with that. Your video game elitism is ridiculous.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

412nv Yaken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#106 - 2014-03-13 10:34:48 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
Xolve wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

If it upsets you that much noone is forcing you to read it.

Don't be hating because we are styling on you bro. Accept it for what it is and remember to pick up a permit from any authorized new order agent for a cool 10mil isk for one year.

Ill wait for your - *you are so bad and I'm going to cry more* post

GG2EZ4ME

PL being 2leet4eve you need gtfo breh.

True champions of highsec don't chest beat, we don't need too, we are already champions.

A True Champion of High Security Space

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#107 - 2014-03-13 10:35:00 UTC
Xolve wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

It isnt even that so much as the self appointed balance-and-proper-gameplay police sperging on the forums with no productive suggestions. It's mostly mindless ranting with nothing CCP will ever listen to, so it does, indeed, become chest-beating.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#108 - 2014-03-13 10:38:54 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Trying to police afk play or botting isnt roleplaying. Pretending to be organized crime lords, terrorists or fanatics that attack people in highsec is roleplaying.

Im telling you your meta is not roleplaying, and isnt actually about improving the game.

Quote:
Do you seriously hear yourself? You're telling people that the way they play the game is wrong. Which is precisely the same thing I say to people who afk in belts for hours on end./quote] No, Im not. I said several times that if you want to play this way, then play this way. I'm pointing out that you are just playing the game; you are not some a priori effort to improve it just because you say so. Your ganking is just ganking and does not address the problem you claim it does.

[Quote]The difference is, I'm actually playing the game, and they're just watching Family Guy with a tab of this game open at the same time.

They're playing the game too, and suffering the consequences of their choices. That's fine, but it dorsn't give you some sort of claim to playing "right". Acceptable losses in the name of greater efficiency can be written off. Hell, for all you know they arent afk at all; they're hotdropping someone on their other screen. Going to start a crusade against multiple accounts, too? Good luck with that.

Lol who said anything about starting a war against multiple accounts? I think you should have a read of the code and understand it abit more before commenting further.

This thread started by myself confirming that ganking is good old fashioned pvp. Spin it how you want but at the end of the day, it's a player vsing another player. It's a lot of new players first taste of pvp and probably one of the best fights the majority will experience, as a champion of high sec I am glad I can be the one to give them that good fight.

If its so evil go start a petition about it and about how upset we make you. Your forcing yourself to read the forums, not us.

Champions of high sec are the ones keeping high sec an honest place. I'm good at what I do, how many other people do you know have pvp'd 1200 exhumers like a boss?
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#109 - 2014-03-13 10:39:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Xolve
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
It isnt even that so much as the self appointed balance-and-proper-gameplay police sperging on the forums with no productive suggestions. It's mostly mindless ranting with nothing CCP will ever listen to, so it does, indeed, become chest-beating.

Sadly, the only time CCP ever listens to an idea is if they can use it for either player retention or to boost new player subscriptions.

loyalanon wrote:

Sorry, I blindly assumed the people in this thread didn't breathe through their mouths.
Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#110 - 2014-03-13 10:50:51 UTC
A brief sidebar about semantics. Particularly in the code vernacular.

If the attack is against a bot (or aspirant) then 'technically' isn't it PVE. If shooting red +'s controlled by an AI is pve, then surely killing an afk miner could be considered in similar terms.

Insert Code and J315 champions of hisec PVE logo [Here]
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#111 - 2014-03-13 10:52:59 UTC  |  Edited by: loyalanon
Xolve wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

Sadly, the only time CCP ever listens to an idea is if they can use it for either player retention or to boost new player subscriptions.

loyalanon wrote:

Sorry, I blindly assumed the people in this thread didn't breathe through their mouths.

Jealousy isn't an attractive quality friend.

But I do find it hard to stay humble being a true high sec champion and all. I could see why people would hate on a champion who has embraced the code and accepted James 315 as his savior and is happy.

#truepirate
#pvpmachine
#atruechampionofhighsec
#savinghighsec
412nv Yaken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#112 - 2014-03-13 11:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: 412nv Yaken
Froggy Storm wrote:
A brief sidebar about semantics. Particularly in the code vernacular.

If the attack is against a bot (or aspirant) then 'technically' isn't it PVE. If shooting red +'s controlled by an AI is pve, then surely killing an afk miner could be considered in similar terms.

Insert Code and J315 champions of hisec PVE logo [Here]

No offence to James315 he is our saviour and father, he cannot be a champion. Champion of highsec status is reserved for a select group of people, Who then have that honour bestowed on them by the conference elite and our founding members.

Edit: too elaborate a champion is one who has acted couragesly and fought out numbered countless times against mining fleets, with little to no regard for their self preservation in the ice/asteroid belts operating in high security space in new Eden

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#113 - 2014-03-13 11:05:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiryen O'Bannon
loyalanon wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

Quote:

They're playing the game too, and suffering the consequences of their choices. That's fine, but it dorsn't give you some sort of claim to playing "right". Acceptable losses in the name of greater efficiency can be written off. Hell, for all you know they arent afk at all; they're hotdropping someone on their other screen. Going to start a crusade against multiple accounts, too? Good luck with that.

Lol who said anything about starting a war against multiple accounts? I think you should have a read of the code and understand it abit more before commenting further.

This thread started by myself confirming that ganking is good old fashioned pvp. Spin it how you want but at the end of the day, it's a player vsing another player. It's a lot of new players first taste of pvp and probably one of the best fights the majority will experience, as a champion of high sec I am glad I can be the one to give them that good fight.

If its so evil go start a petition about it and about how upset we make you. Your forcing yourself to read the forums, not us.

Champions of high sec are the ones keeping high sec an honest place. I'm good at what I do, how many other people do you know have pvp'd 1200 exhumers like a boss?

Try some reading comprehension next time. iI have never said theres anything wrong with ganking. Its solely the self-aggrandizing meta I criticize. As for getting upset, if you dont like my responses, don't post.

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#114 - 2014-03-13 11:11:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiryen O'Bannon
Xolve wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

What's sad about that? Both are excellent measures of the quality of a suggestion.

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#115 - 2014-03-13 11:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: loyalanon
You do realize that pvping miners takes skill right.

Sometimes when I'm trying to pvp, I will land in a belt heavily outnumbered, I know I'm going to die yet I never give up, when the enemy has capital class industrial ships on grid with multiple exhumer support and the vessels number in the dozens, I begin to lose strength and feel that all hope is lost. But I reach deep inside my heart and gain the strength only possible by my faith in the code. I ready my blasters and unleash the judgement of our savior onto the nearest non-compliants, with a rain of void, I can only succeed. When my ship is destroyed and I have reached home, I don't get discouraged as I know I have the Code. In my heart and have had a good fight in local.

This is what it means to be a champion of high sec.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#116 - 2014-03-13 11:18:06 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
self-aggrandizing meta

Hilarious... It's hardly self inflicted when you and your nullbear ilk spoon feed it to them.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#117 - 2014-03-13 11:18:54 UTC  |  Edited by: loyalanon
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

Try some reading comprehension next time. iI have never said theres anything wrong with ganking. Its solely the self-aggrandizing meta I criticize. As for getting upset, if you dont like my responses, don't post.

If you haven't noticed I've been responding all night. It must get upsetting that if you were a champion like me you wouldn't be crying it up on the forums

I have no reason to be upset because I am #winning while everyone is #admiringmaskillzyo

#getonmylevel
412nv Yaken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#118 - 2014-03-13 11:21:37 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
You do realize that pvping miners takes skill right.

Sometimes when I'm trying to pvp, I will land in a belt heavily outnumbered, I know I'm going to die yet I never give up, when the enemy has capital class industrial ships on grid with multiple exhumer support and the vessels number in the dozens, I begin to lose strength and feel that all hope is lost. But I reach deep inside my heart and gain the strength only possible by my faith in the code. I ready my blasters and unleash the judgement of our savior onto the nearest non-compliants with a rain void I can only succeed. When my ship is destroyed and I have reached home, I don't get discouraged as I know I have the Code. In my heart and have had a good fight in local.

This is what it means to be a champion of high sec.

This makes my heart swell and my eyes fill with tears of pride, as I too know that feeling to be a champion of high security space.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#119 - 2014-03-13 12:57:22 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Going to start a crusade against multiple accounts, too? Good luck with that. Your video game elitism is ridiculous.

Oh, God no, I'm not a hypocrite, you see. I have like 5 accounts.

And as for your "come fight us!" thing, I was in Sendaya just the other day, doing the Angel Arc in a (completely shitfit) Malediction. When I did actually see you guys, none of you even yellowboxed me. Fucks sake I saw someone with a T1 Hauler out there.

So don't act like you guys always bring the pain, you try to fight when you're ready to do so, just like everyone else.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#120 - 2014-03-13 13:30:13 UTC
Of course ganking is pvp.

Well, basically, pvp in eve is ganking most of the times. Catalyst vs miner in high sec or 10 vs 1 in null is all the same.