These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Eleanos
Nice and Friendly
#1961 - 2011-11-27 17:35:53 UTC
@Sahara Wildcat

well composed and very sexy, I like!

9/10
Linu Glacier
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1962 - 2011-11-27 18:31:43 UTC
@Eleanos

10/10 for the eyes
8/10 for the rest :P
Acac Sunflyier
The Dysfunctionals
Goonswarm Federation
#1963 - 2011-11-27 19:34:17 UTC
Oh my god Linu Glacier! What are you wearing? Shocked Did you get dressed in the dark? 4/10
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1964 - 2011-11-27 19:55:44 UTC
Acac Sunflyier wrote:


Huh... make up is pretty wrong, that eyeshadow is a killer. Maybe with less intensity, and try an opposite match for color, eyeshadow that fits hair and eyes is a recipe to disaster unless you know what you're doing. Try a blue or a green instead of browns. Lipstick is Ok. pose is intriguing but is difficult to tell an emotion from it. Say 6/10 because of make up.
Lellyra Akahen
Perkone
Caldari State
#1965 - 2011-11-27 20:04:59 UTC
7/10, I like your expression Blink
Miss Azazel Doshu
Doomheim
#1966 - 2011-11-27 23:14:34 UTC
Bad hair, bad lightning, bad position... mmhh.... sorry just bad P

3/10
Ixsethez
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1967 - 2011-11-28 01:44:23 UTC
Pretty creepy. I like how you're giving the "I'm staring into your soul" look. :P

8/10
Mrs Daisuke
Nunc aut Nunquam
#1968 - 2011-11-28 02:06:13 UTC
@Ixsethez]

Dear Sir. The shadows in the avatar are well chosen. Personally do not like the pose (weird arms). 7/10

Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#1969 - 2011-11-28 02:33:19 UTC
@Miss Azazel Doshu
like a terrible witch 3/10
Acac Sunflyier
The Dysfunctionals
Goonswarm Federation
#1970 - 2011-11-28 02:51:56 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:


Huh... make up is pretty wrong, that eyeshadow is a killer. Maybe with less intensity, and try an opposite match for color, eyeshadow that fits hair and eyes is a recipe to disaster unless you know what you're doing. Try a blue or a green instead of browns. Lipstick is Ok. pose is intriguing but is difficult to tell an emotion from it. Say 6/10 because of make up.



TBH I agree, at first my colors were totally wrong. I looked washed out. So I tried to make my character be a little more like me. Meaning, I wear more earthy tones. The pose actually did take me a while to get right but after looking at it today I realized I forgot to add a smirk. >.< You're right about the makeup. Usually I give it 48 hours to decide if I like it. Tried some green. Doesn't work. Wanted some smokey eyes. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Sahara Wildcat

I give you a 5/10

You blend into the background and you're kinda washed out. But you tried.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1971 - 2011-11-28 07:48:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Acac Sunflyier wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:


Huh... make up is pretty wrong, that eyeshadow is a killer. Maybe with less intensity, and try an opposite match for color, eyeshadow that fits hair and eyes is a recipe to disaster unless you know what you're doing. Try a blue or a green instead of browns. Lipstick is Ok. pose is intriguing but is difficult to tell an emotion from it. Say 6/10 because of make up.



TBH I agree, at first my colors were totally wrong. I looked washed out. So I tried to make my character be a little more like me. Meaning, I wear more earthy tones. The pose actually did take me a while to get right but after looking at it today I realized I forgot to add a smirk. >.< You're right about the makeup. Usually I give it 48 hours to decide if I like it. Tried some green. Doesn't work. Wanted some smokey eyes. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Sahara Wildcat

I give you a 5/10

You blend into the background and you're kinda washed out. But you tried.


If green failed, try faded blues, maybe a two-tone with black under the eyes and blue above could give you that "smokey" look. Or you may even try one of the grays, just they need a lot of intensity to show up. But blues should be the primary choice, with brown hair and brown eyes = red hue, the opposite match is blue hue. That's a starting point. It would rock if we got violets, but apparently they're not of the season in Iceland... trimming the make up is quite a complicated thing and i usually do two or three versions before being satisfied, too. Anyway i favor natural looking makeups and use them for correction purposes: in this portrait, Indah is wearing white eyeshadow and blue blush... true! Blink
Maximillian Dragonard
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1972 - 2011-11-28 09:16:06 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Direct frontal lighting is a bit harsh..... try offsetting it some Smile

Wut?!

Arr0wyx
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1973 - 2011-11-28 12:39:07 UTC
@Maximillian Dragonard

7/10
The expression, lighting, and general composition is nice but your hair sort of blends into the background a bit.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#1974 - 2011-11-28 12:50:15 UTC
@Arr0wyx
Nice foreground/background contrast, but not sure if I agree with the composition and pose. Eye shadows are terrible. Sad

5/10
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1975 - 2011-11-28 21:49:03 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:



Nicely half-cooked avatar... Good: features, expression, pose, lighting, and those beautiful eyes! To work about: framing (not centered, nor a reason to be off-center), background (randomized, doesn't fits). Say 7/10 because of not being finished.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#1976 - 2011-11-29 07:10:13 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Victor Valka wrote:



Nicely half-cooked avatar... Good: features, expression, pose, lighting, and those beautiful eyes! To work about: framing (not centered, nor a reason to be off-center), background (randomized, doesn't fits). Say 7/10 because of not being finished.
Good point about framing, and that's easy to fix. Not sure what to do with the background, tho. Smile
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1977 - 2011-11-29 07:37:22 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Victor Valka wrote:



Nicely half-cooked avatar... Good: features, expression, pose, lighting, and those beautiful eyes! To work about: framing (not centered, nor a reason to be off-center), background (randomized, doesn't fits). Say 7/10 because of not being finished.
Good point about framing, and that's easy to fix. Not sure what to do with the background, tho. Smile


Try using some of the simple backgrounds, either a flat color or the ones that didn't got nebulaes, wireframes and stuff... a wall or like that. Maybe color in the blue or green or yellow range, and darker than your char so it pops out (but not too dark).
Aldan Romar
Doomheim
#1978 - 2011-11-29 21:49:27 UTC
My type of woman, but trying to be impartial here Blink

Pretty in a smooth, evened out way.

Would be too bland if not for the irregularities of the hair which make it more lifely.

Nice use of eyeliner in conjunction with racial eye-features and pupils - very impressive.

Good choice of background and lighting, which ties it all together.

8/10 from me
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1979 - 2011-11-30 14:24:53 UTC
┬┐Down to page 8? Bump up!
Mena Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
Thundering Herd
#1980 - 2011-11-30 14:27:01 UTC
Lot's of very creative folk here making avatars.