These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Eleanos
Nice and Friendly
#1961 - 2011-11-27 17:35:53 UTC
@Sahara Wildcat

well composed and very sexy, I like!

9/10
Linu Glacier
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1962 - 2011-11-27 18:31:43 UTC
@Eleanos

10/10 for the eyes
8/10 for the rest :P
Acac Sunflyier
The Dysfunctionals
Goonswarm Federation
#1963 - 2011-11-27 19:34:17 UTC
Oh my god Linu Glacier! What are you wearing? Shocked Did you get dressed in the dark? 4/10
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1964 - 2011-11-27 19:55:44 UTC
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

Huh... make up is pretty wrong, that eyeshadow is a killer. Maybe with less intensity, and try an opposite match for color, eyeshadow that fits hair and eyes is a recipe to disaster unless you know what you're doing. Try a blue or a green instead of browns. Lipstick is Ok. pose is intriguing but is difficult to tell an emotion from it. Say 6/10 because of make up.
Lellyra Akahen
Perkone
Caldari State
#1965 - 2011-11-27 20:04:59 UTC
7/10, I like your expression Blink
Miss Azazel Doshu
Doomheim
#1966 - 2011-11-27 23:14:34 UTC
Bad hair, bad lightning, bad position... mmhh.... sorry just bad P

3/10
Ixsethez
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1967 - 2011-11-28 01:44:23 UTC
Pretty creepy. I like how you're giving the "I'm staring into your soul" look. :P

8/10
Mrs Daisuke
Nunc aut Nunquam
#1968 - 2011-11-28 02:06:13 UTC
@Ixsethez]

Dear Sir. The shadows in the avatar are well chosen. Personally do not like the pose (weird arms). 7/10

Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#1969 - 2011-11-28 02:33:19 UTC
@Miss Azazel Doshu
like a terrible witch 3/10
Acac Sunflyier
The Dysfunctionals
Goonswarm Federation
#1970 - 2011-11-28 02:51:56 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Huh... make up is pretty wrong, that eyeshadow is a killer. Maybe with less intensity, and try an opposite match for color, eyeshadow that fits hair and eyes is a recipe to disaster unless you know what you're doing. Try a blue or a green instead of browns. Lipstick is Ok. pose is intriguing but is difficult to tell an emotion from it. Say 6/10 because of make up.

TBH I agree, at first my colors were totally wrong. I looked washed out. So I tried to make my character be a little more like me. Meaning, I wear more earthy tones. The pose actually did take me a while to get right but after looking at it today I realized I forgot to add a smirk. >.< You're right about the makeup. Usually I give it 48 hours to decide if I like it. Tried some green. Doesn't work. Wanted some smokey eyes. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Sahara Wildcat

I give you a 5/10

You blend into the background and you're kinda washed out. But you tried.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1971 - 2011-11-28 07:48:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

TBH I agree, at first my colors were totally wrong. I looked washed out. So I tried to make my character be a little more like me. Meaning, I wear more earthy tones. The pose actually did take me a while to get right but after looking at it today I realized I forgot to add a smirk. >.< You're right about the makeup. Usually I give it 48 hours to decide if I like it. Tried some green. Doesn't work. Wanted some smokey eyes. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Sahara Wildcat

I give you a 5/10

You blend into the background and you're kinda washed out. But you tried.

If green failed, try faded blues, maybe a two-tone with black under the eyes and blue above could give you that "smokey" look. Or you may even try one of the grays, just they need a lot of intensity to show up. But blues should be the primary choice, with brown hair and brown eyes = red hue, the opposite match is blue hue. That's a starting point. It would rock if we got violets, but apparently they're not of the season in Iceland... trimming the make up is quite a complicated thing and i usually do two or three versions before being satisfied, too. Anyway i favor natural looking makeups and use them for correction purposes: in this portrait, Indah is wearing white eyeshadow and blue blush... true! Blink
Maximillian Dragonard
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1972 - 2011-11-28 09:16:06 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Direct frontal lighting is a bit harsh..... try offsetting it some Smile

Wut?!

Arr0wyx
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1973 - 2011-11-28 12:39:07 UTC
@Maximillian Dragonard

7/10
The expression, lighting, and general composition is nice but your hair sort of blends into the background a bit.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#1974 - 2011-11-28 12:50:15 UTC
@Arr0wyx
Nice foreground/background contrast, but not sure if I agree with the composition and pose. Eye shadows are terrible. Sad

5/10
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1975 - 2011-11-28 21:49:03 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:

Nicely half-cooked avatar... Good: features, expression, pose, lighting, and those beautiful eyes! To work about: framing (not centered, nor a reason to be off-center), background (randomized, doesn't fits). Say 7/10 because of not being finished.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#1976 - 2011-11-29 07:10:13 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:

Nicely half-cooked avatar... Good: features, expression, pose, lighting, and those beautiful eyes! To work about: framing (not centered, nor a reason to be off-center), background (randomized, doesn't fits). Say 7/10 because of not being finished.
Good point about framing, and that's easy to fix. Not sure what to do with the background, tho. Smile
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1977 - 2011-11-29 07:37:22 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:
Victor Valka wrote:

Good point about framing, and that's easy to fix. Not sure what to do with the background, tho. Smile

Try using some of the simple backgrounds, either a flat color or the ones that didn't got nebulaes, wireframes and stuff... a wall or like that. Maybe color in the blue or green or yellow range, and darker than your char so it pops out (but not too dark).
Aldan Romar
Doomheim
#1978 - 2011-11-29 21:49:27 UTC
My type of woman, but trying to be impartial here Blink

Pretty in a smooth, evened out way.

Would be too bland if not for the irregularities of the hair which make it more lifely.

Nice use of eyeliner in conjunction with racial eye-features and pupils - very impressive.

Good choice of background and lighting, which ties it all together.

8/10 from me
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1979 - 2011-11-30 14:24:53 UTC
┬┐Down to page 8? Bump up!
Mena Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
Thundering Herd
#1980 - 2011-11-30 14:27:01 UTC
Lot's of very creative folk here making avatars.