These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar for PvE

Author
Jasmin Ahrire
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-03-13 07:40:10 UTC
After considering the advice of many people and doing some research I have decided to use Minmatar ships for missioning. I am still new so for now I just want to focus on getting to where the big bucks are (aka level 4 missions).

What confuses me is what ships I should use for the relevant ship category?

Destroyers I have already decided on the Thrasher

But what ships do I choose for Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship? I am playing around in EVEMON and I want to set a training plan for myself.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-03-13 07:59:44 UTC
Jasmin Ahrire wrote:
After considering the advice of many people and doing some research I have decided to use Minmatar ships for missioning. I am still new so for now I just want to focus on getting to where the big bucks are (aka level 4 missions).

But what ships do I choose for Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship? I am playing around in EVEMON and I want to set a training plan for myself.

Typhoon.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#3 - 2014-03-13 08:30:17 UTC
Jasmin Ahrire wrote:

This the way I see Minmatar in PvE (destroyer, cruiser, battlecruiser, battleship (shiney battleship):

For Minmatar PvE (Missiles) I would choose. Talwar, Bellicose, Cyclone, Typhoon (Typhoon Fleet Issue with sentry drone skills)
For Minmatar PvE (Projectiles) I would choose. Thrasher, Rupture, Hurricane, Maelstrom (Machariel with enough isk)

Its up to you which weapons system you go for, skill training in guns helps get into PvP aswell.
tterrag Andrard
Eclipse Industries Incorporated
#4 - 2014-03-13 15:08:14 UTC
Personaly I don't feel you need to upgrade every time you start doing higher level missions. I used a thrasher for level ones and twos effectively and then used a hurricane for level 3's and some level 4's. Then I upgraded to a machariel and it slices through level 4's like butter! I prefer projectile over missiles though. Big smile
350125GO
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-03-13 18:21:37 UTC
tterrag Andrard wrote:
Personaly I don't feel you need to upgrade every time you start doing higher level missions. I used a thrasher for level ones and twos effectively and then used a hurricane for level 3's and some level 4's. Then I upgraded to a machariel and it slices through level 4's like butter! I prefer projectile over missiles though. Big smile

This is the same way I progressed, only I used a Cyclone because the cane didn't exist when I was doing L3's. Currently using a typhoon for L4's.

Instead of deciding on which ship though you should think more about which style, i.e. projectiles or missiles do you want to fly. If you're trying to progress to L4's as quickly as possible you'll want to train up either/or but not both. I went gunnery and used projectiles. I miss my arty thrasher as it tore L1's and L2's apart.

there's so much training to do to get to a point where you can successfully solo the L4's that you really need to focus so you're not spreading your skills out and therefore slowing your ability to achieve that goal.

I know you have other goals as well which will take up training time also, so keep asking questions, researching, and getting feedback. It will save you some time in the long run.

You're young, you'll adjust. I'm old, I'll get used to it.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-13 19:47:53 UTC
A Thrasher is perfect for level 1-2 but some may prefer a cruiser for level 2. Level 3's are best with a Hurricane then upgrade to a Maelstrom for level 4's. I wouldn't recommend a Machariel unless you have decent skills and a very good understanding of how to pilot your ship. I tell new pilots that you have to buy PLEX to get it you probably don't have the skills. This isn't a always right rule of course.

The test server is a good way to see if you like it before spending a fortune. Bone headed mistakes are a lot cheaper at 100 ISK Big smile
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-03-13 23:32:58 UTC
Luwc wrote:
Typhoon.

I really don't think it's worth it to start with minmatar battleship and missiles, the typhoon is a good ship but the skills needed to fly it are generally not very useful.

Going minmatar battleship with projectile gives the option to train into machariel and/or vargur.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-03-14 00:48:13 UTC
Going the missile/Phoon route has the disadvantage you need to cross train Caldari to get a missile Marauder at a later stage.
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-03-14 15:51:55 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Going the missile/Phoon route has the disadvantage you need to cross train Caldari to get a missile Marauder at a later stage.

Don't use Caldari marauder, just use MTU.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-03-14 17:14:28 UTC
If you go Minmatar train projectiles. The Machariel seems to grind through missions faster than the Golem. I sold my Mach before I got my Golem so never got a chance to compare them side by side. If someone has done this feel free to prove me wrong or right.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#11 - 2014-03-14 17:38:06 UTC
If going Minmatar then your best bet is either a Macherial or Vargur for L4s.
Nad'x Hapax
Hapaxa
#12 - 2014-03-15 15:13:52 UTC
There are many variables to factor in. Everyone here gave u good advice for sertain senarios.

What space are u planning on doing lvl4s?

Will u salvage/loot or Blitz?

The minmatar lvl4s will always favour projectiles. Machariel for blitzing and Vargur for Clearing and loot/salvage.

Machariel will always be the fastets for blitzing in any space, only somewhat rivaled by the Tengu so missiles is not a bad thing when it comes to blitzing. Though I hold Mach as the fastest due to better ammo selection.

If loot/salvage in anything other than Minmatar space Id go missiles.

Missiles will also let u progress faster due to pure range+MJD.
Ruareve
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-03-15 15:52:10 UTC
Rupture (even though it's ugly)

Hurricane

Maelstrom

Macherial

Yet another blog about Eve- http://ruar-eve.blogspot.com/