These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What do you do? Professionally.

First post
Author
Meiyang Lee
Game Instrument Applications
#81 - 2014-03-12 17:48:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Meiyang Lee
Cyndrogen wrote:

Yes, Prince Vultan was played by Brian Blessed, the man is amazingly fun to watch. Lol
Still alive, still kicking, and above all, talking extremely loudly, as is his thing.

As for the program, that's "Have I got News For You" a quiz which switches hosts about as often as the average person switches clothes. I think mr. Blessed was host for maybe 6 or so episodes.
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#82 - 2014-03-12 18:45:57 UTC
derailing the thread just a tinsy ickle bit ...but I personally think that brian should be given the job on a permy basis ... I know that HIGNFY isn't everybodys cuppa .... but he really is the top person for the job .

its absaloutly astonishing to see what this man has achieved in his lifetime
Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#83 - 2014-03-13 07:01:41 UTC
Meiyang Lee wrote:
Cyndrogen wrote:

Yes, Prince Vultan was played by Brian Blessed, the man is amazingly fun to watch. Lol
Still alive, still kicking, and above all, talking extremely loudly, as is his thing.

As for the program, that's "Have I got News For You" a quiz which switches hosts about as often as the average person switches clothes. I think mr. Blessed was host for maybe 6 or so episodes.

Forgive my ignorance I do not know who he is, but I remember watching him and as an artist I remember sounds and patterns very well.
Even though he has aged at the end when he started to shout and gesture, memories of watching him in that ridiculous costume flooded my brain, and it just made me happy that I recognized him. I couldn't even remember the character he played and frantically googled "Flash Gordon winged man." Sure enough, SAME DUDE! True story.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Ian Stanley
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2014-03-13 16:30:09 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
I'm a med-student who sometimes do extra nursing jobs at the hospital for extra money.

i cut people open for a living and rearrange the plumbing down stair Roll

anyway which year?

wanted to become a journalist and work for Nat Geo but life got in the way
Ian Stanley
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-03-13 16:34:18 UTC
Meiyang Lee wrote:
Laboratory Technician for a large US Pharmaceutical company at one of their overseas production sites.
Not on the development side, I work for the analytical lab of the plant itself.

Currently primarily working on monoclonal antibodies for cancer treatment.

immunomodulation - anything new/ experimental?
Malaclypse Muscaria
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2014-03-13 16:51:35 UTC
I have fun pressing keys on a computer keyboard carefully following certain patterns - aside from being interrupted by interactions with flesh-based entities now and then. These entities give me money for enjoying myself doing this, amazingly enough.

Meiyang Lee
#87 - 2014-03-13 17:10:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Meiyang Lee
Ian Stanley wrote:
Meiyang Lee wrote:
Laboratory Technician for a large US Pharmaceutical company at one of their overseas production sites.
Not on the development side, I work for the analytical lab of the plant itself.

Currently primarily working on monoclonal antibodies for cancer treatment.

immunomodulation - anything new/ experimental?

Yes a few things actually, but one in particular, which as you should understand, I can't exactly talk about it.

Planned launch is currently set as 2015 for that one, primarily targeting Melanoma (but with a LOT of additional indications being investigated).

From what we've seen in updates from Clinical trials it may well turn out to be quite amazing.
Meiyang Lee
#88 - 2014-03-13 17:13:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Meiyang Lee
Cyndrogen wrote:
Meiyang Lee wrote:
Cyndrogen wrote:

Forgive my ignorance I do not know who he is, but I remember watching him and as an artist I remember sounds and patterns very well.
Even though he has aged at the end when he started to shout and gesture, memories of watching him in that ridiculous costume flooded my brain, and it just made me happy that I recognized him. I couldn't even remember the character he played and frantically googled "Flash Gordon winged man." Sure enough, SAME DUDE! True story.

I think that outside the UK, he's not a particularly well known person, unless you follow comedy fairly closely.
He's played a large number of roles, and has a rather extravagant style, that you recognised from Prince Vultan. Blink
Brian Blessed's Wikipage
He also played King Richard in Black Adder.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#89 - 2014-03-13 18:51:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Random McNally wrote:

The best part was within the first couple of days on the job, my co worker looked at me and said "Within a couple of weeks, you'll look at it and say 'Oh, they must have had (insert food) for lunch'".

Damned if that isn't true.

I can confirm that. Once when I heaved in the classroom, I'd skipped breakfast and what came out was just bright green liquid and a giant ball of green apple Big Mouth bubble gum. Man, that was embarrassing-- caught red-handed as a gum swallower. I don't think remembering that now will send me into therapy, but no guarantees.