These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kill Rights question

Author
Trinke Lemon
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-03-12 02:14:02 UTC
If I make kill rights available to all how do people know that I have kill rights for sale? Do I need to advertise them or something?
Herbinator d'Arcadie
Arkadian Knight
#2 - 2014-03-12 03:51:59 UTC
That is a very good question!

Older Capsuleers know how to ask for (or buy) particular Kill Rights.

You should be able to put a reward on the Kill Right. And it should be listed in the "Bounty Office".
Also, any existing Bounty on the murderer should automatically be added to the reward.

NOW you've got a high-sec Bounty Hunting system!

Low-sec should lose its Kill Right granting mechanic. Only h-sec needs a legal kill mechanic.

You still have to control who you grant the Kill Right to or it will simply be farmed.

"Block" pigs. Refuse to fly with them.

Trinke Lemon
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-03-12 03:57:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Trinke Lemon
Ty for answering, but I still not sure I understand. So far I set killing rights for sale to all. But.. I can only see it in my profile and just wanted to know how people actually know that I have rights that are set for sale.
Re bounty I am not sure either, is the bounty and kill rights same thing?
I have a separate tab for setting bounty, so I thought those two are different. I actually do not want to put any reward, I want to sell the kill rights that I have.
Don't know if I am making myself clear. Still new to it all :-)
Herbinator d'Arcadie
Arkadian Knight
#4 - 2014-03-12 03:59:47 UTC
And the darn Kill Right should not expire!

Sometimes it takes a while to set up a good revenge kill. It is important in Eve that "your choice always comes back around."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mlVuLs_Nw&list=PLF614A7A6461E61E1

Herbinator d'Arcadie
Arkadian Knight
#5 - 2014-03-12 04:06:50 UTC
So sorry. That was a poor response on my part.

Short answer: you can't advertise the Kill Right. But people who you have released the Kill Right to will see cross-hairs on the murderer in the Overview should they happen across his ship. They then have the option of activating it ... which gives them 15 mins to kill the perpetrator.

Most people just release the Kill Right to their corp.

You have released the Kill Right to everyone. So everyone will see crosshairs on him. He'll probably just get a buddy to shoot him while he's in a rookie ship or a pod. That clears the Kill Right.

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-12 04:10:45 UTC
Basically, without all the crap rambling about unrelated stuff:

The overview will show people who you can activate killrights on - if you set it to show.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Trinke Lemon
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-03-12 04:14:09 UTC
Herbinator d'Arcadie wrote:
So sorry. That was a poor response on my part.

Short answer: you can't advertise the Kill Right. But people who you have released the Kill Right to will see cross-hairs on the murderer in the Overview should they happen across his ship. They then have the option of activating it ... which gives them 15 mins to kill the perpetrator.

Most people just release the Kill Right to their corp.

You have released the Kill Right to everyone. So everyone will see crosshairs on him. He'll probably just get a buddy to shoot him while he's in a rookie ship or a pod. That clears the Kill Right.

Ok ty, that makes it clear. I also have found some info on the web for those settings you are talking about and I understand they are not on by default. I tried to adjust them in my own settings, so I can see those markings, but was unable to do it, so I guess most people will not see it, unless they had played for some time. So, I guess would be really difficult to sell them. Anyway thanks, just wanted to know how the system works
Trinke Lemon
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-03-12 04:22:18 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Basically, without all the crap rambling about unrelated stuff:

The overview will show people who you can activate killrights on - if you set it to show.

Thank you J'Poll
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#9 - 2014-03-12 07:25:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
OP, note that the kill rights in your Character Sheet are not visible to anyone when you first get them. By activating them, you can set the granularity of people who can see the actual kill right: everyone, only your alliance, or only your corp. People who are elegable will see the killright itself only when they are on-grid with that player, thanks to the mechanics J'Poll just pointed out.

Set them for corp or alliance at 0 ISK, and from time to time post these marks in corp or alliance chat. Someone might pick up on it, run a locator agent on the mark, and kill him. Note that the mark may have several killrights against him and as of today yours can't be specificly claimed. One would need to keep killing the mark. But that's OK, after all he asked for it. Just pointing out this is never a reason to file for a petition or anything, it's simply a gameplay consequence to get your KR's activated and it's easily mitigated to boot.
Trinke Lemon
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-03-12 10:58:39 UTC
Ty Inxentas, but that whole thing was about selling rights and getting money for it. It has nothing to do with the guy, I do not care if he dies or not. And it was really not about money as well. I put low price on them that covered the insurance costs for the ship. I was trying to figure out what insurance i generally need when I mine. From now on I will insure all ships for full price, so those killings won't matter much. I t hought if those kill rights were good sellers, then it wouldn't be necessary to pay full insurance for the ships. Atm it doesn't matter that much as they are cheap, but with time could be a headache when the ships will get more expensive.
Besides, considering that it had been my 8th ship that was destroyed in a day, so yes i wouldn't have mind getting some compensation too.