These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Revelation: The Book of Bloodletting, Chapter 3

Author
Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#81 - 2014-03-11 14:50:49 UTC
Skye Nico wrote:
Its gotta be something hallucinogenic at this point. When people start thinking they are prophets and writing scripture, more often than not they've been artificially sightseeing a bit too much.

Well there's the possibility of him using some other hallucinogenic, but I can't imagine a Tormentor pilot using Drop in preference to Exile. Drop would make his lasers turn a little quicker, but wouldn't help his two drones at all. Exile on the other hand wholly compliments his SAAR. Overall, he'd get more benefit from the Exile.

Do you use boosters, Pilot Nauplius?
I mean, if you've gone as far as drinking blood, what harm is a performance enhancing psychotropic going to do, eh?

And that fight with Praetorian Kernher could've gone an entirely different way if you'd been able to squeeze another 10% out of your SAAR...

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Skye Nico
#82 - 2014-03-11 14:57:53 UTC
Karynn Denton wrote:
Skye Nico wrote:
Its gotta be something hallucinogenic at this point. When people start thinking they are prophets and writing scripture, more often than not they've been artificially sightseeing a bit too much.

Well there's the possibility of him using some other hallucinogenic, but I can't imagine a Tormentor pilot using Drop in preference to Exile. Drop would make his lasers turn a little quicker, but wouldn't help his two drones at all. Exile on the other hand wholly compliments his SAAR. Overall, he'd get more benefit from the Exile.

I mean, if you've gone as far as drinking blood, what harm is a performance enhancing psychotropic going to do, eh?

And that fight with Praetorian Kernher could've gone an entirely different way if you'd been able to squeeze another 10% out of your SAAR...

I was referring to recreational use, not the utility of boosters. This level of rambling points towards copious use outside of the pod.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#83 - 2014-03-11 15:50:18 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
Now, now, Prophets make Scripture, that's how it works.

More specifically, Scripture is Written by Prophets who win - much like History. To be sure, Prophet Nauplius has not won yet. But neither has he lost, as demonstrated by the ever increasing reach of his Word.

So anyone who calls themselves themselves a prophet can have a roll of the historical dice?

In a word, "yes." Tibby has the right of it - as is Tibby's Way. Everyone who tries gets a roll.

Tangentially, I understand you are no longer in the do goody business.

It is important to exercise all regions of the soul. Perhaps you might like to give Prophecy a try? While meeting everyone's levels of ethical and social preference presents challenges, I'm sure we can work out a programme to fit most any reasonable moral compass.

Granted, Delve may not be your thing (though I do hope the Sebiestor Harbinger of the Apocalypse is able to assist New Prophet Nauplius in finding a home away from home astride that lovely nebula). Perhaps the Center of Civilization is more to your liking? I am thinking that if the Antediluvians were able to prop open a great big wormhole, we should be able to prop open a little one - particularly a little one that appears otherwise stable.

Crusade, For Science!
Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#84 - 2014-03-11 15:56:31 UTC
Karynn Denton wrote:

I used Standard Drop Booster with some regularity back when I more commonly flew a Punisher.

I planned to resume use of some variant of Drop with the impending arrival of blue painted Punishers; perhaps I should consider Exile as well.

Thank you for your assistance in spreading the word of God with this advice, Pilot Denton; perhaps a holy and righteous God will show you some bit of mercy at the Judgement. Amen. Amarr Victor.
Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#85 - 2014-03-11 16:08:59 UTC
Wendrika wrote:
Why are you so mean Nauplius? And why must your entire motivational spectrum be completely dependant on a third party source? I'd understand if you were mean for the sake of it, but your entire justification is that someone else told you to.

Can't you just love God and his misanthropy in a peaceful and pious manner? Preferably inside the comfort of a secluded temple?

My meanness is nothing compared to that of a holy and righteous God, a God who as the Scriptures say burns with wrath and drowns sinners in their own blood. Yes, I am motivated by fear — fear of Hell, that place to which God damns the Wicked, that place where God is glorified in the eternal torment of the sinners.

But there is hope (and let it not be said that my preaching is devoid of hope). For as God has made reprobate a people, the Minmatar Republic, he has also Chosen a people, the Amarr Empire. And in service to that Empire, bringing destruction upon the reprobates and drinking one part of their blood, leaving the other part as an offering to God, you might yourself find salvation. Amen. Amarr Victor.
Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#86 - 2014-03-11 16:36:14 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
I used Standard Drop Booster with some regularity back when I more commonly flew a Punisher.

I planned to resume use of some variant of Drop with the impending arrival of blue painted Punishers; perhaps I should consider Exile as well.

Thank you for your assistance in spreading the word of God with this advice, Pilot Denton; perhaps a holy and righteous God will show you some bit of mercy at the Judgement. Amen. Amarr Victor.

My thanks for your blessing.
You appear to be a competent and successful frigateer, PIlot Nauplius; Exile is a great compliment to any Amarr ship running active repair and will only bring you more success.

It would just so happen that Katanga Caravan has plenty of Synth and Standard Exile currently in stock.
We have reasonable prices, delivery service and a stringent quality control programme to ensure our clients get a good product free of side-effects. And as a caravan of free-traders with no affiliation to any of the four major empires, you can feel reassured that you're not dealing with an enemy or covertly funding them.

I look forward to taking your order.

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#87 - 2014-03-11 16:49:29 UTC
Now, there, you see? Common understanding and mutual benefit arise from pharmaceutical swashbuckling.

Such is the Beauty of God!
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#88 - 2014-03-11 16:57:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulxanis Viceroy
Wendrika wrote:
Why are you so mean Nauplius? And why must your entire motivational spectrum be completely dependant on a third party source? I'd understand if you were mean for the sake of it, but your entire justification is that someone else told you to.

Can't you just love God and his misanthropy in a peaceful and pious manner? Preferably inside the comfort of a secluded temple?

You do realize he murdered over a million helpless souls and then tried to get praised for it, right? Aside from him being a heretic, that alone is reason enough to show that he is a psychopath and cannot be reasoned with.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#89 - 2014-03-11 16:58:53 UTC
Nauplius wrote:

My meanness is nothing compared to that of a holy and righteous God
as a holy and righteous God, I must disagree. I'm not mean at all, as a matter of fact most find me rather agreeable.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#90 - 2014-03-11 18:16:21 UTC
It would seem that Naupilus is yet another fool prepared to sacrifice his soul in return for appearing to be edgy.

And yet he's about as edgy as a deflated sphere.

I guess his soul must have been a bit crap to start with.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#91 - 2014-03-11 18:31:58 UTC
Rodj, you are and always will be my favourite Amarrian zealot.

<3

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Skye Nico
#92 - 2014-03-11 18:54:55 UTC
Karynn Denton wrote:
And as a caravan of free-traders with no affiliation to any of the four major empires, you can feel reassured that you're not dealing with an enemy or covertly funding them.

Because Sabik get along so well with Thukkers.
Wendrika
Doomheim
#93 - 2014-03-11 19:53:34 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
You do realize he murdered over a million helpless souls and then tried to get praised for it, right? Aside from him being a heretic, that alone is reason enough to show that he is a psychopath and cannot be reasoned with.

Wait, what? He did? That's awful! I thought he was just a goofie preacher!
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#94 - 2014-03-11 20:08:29 UTC
Wendrika wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

Nope, the guy bought over a million slaves, shoved them in freighters and blew the things up. All while praying to his ego.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#95 - 2014-03-11 20:14:34 UTC
Wendrika wrote:

Think again.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2014-03-11 21:07:13 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
A Revelation from God to Nauplius, Prophet of God

You're a ****!

Fixed the first part for you.

You are a heretic in every sense of the word. Assuming God is real, he will cast pity on me for being a non-believer. You on the other hand will burn for your blatant heresy.

That's right, you are lower in status than a hedonistic Gallentean heathen. No heaven for you.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#97 - 2014-03-11 21:25:44 UTC
Wendrika wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

Yes he did. He has not only exhibited heretical behavior under the guise of being pious, he even claimed to be doing God's work while slaughtering these people. His words are poison and should never be considered representative of Amarr, Mandate, nor Kingdom policies, regardless of what some people may believe.

He is Sani Sabik.

He is Blood Raider.

He should be treated like the trash he is and hunted until he runs out of clones.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#98 - 2014-03-11 21:56:28 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Wendrika wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

Yes he did. He has not only exhibited heretical behavior under the guise of being pious, he even claimed to be doing God's work while slaughtering these people. His words are poison and should never be considered representative of Amarr, Mandate, nor Kingdom policies, regardless of what some people may believe.

He is Sani Sabik.

He is Blood Raider.

He should be treated like the trash he is and hunted until he runs out of clones.

I wonder what the record is for most clone deaths by one pilot?

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#99 - 2014-03-11 21:58:52 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:

I sincerely hope he is the one that makes said record. So much so that it is never surpassed.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#100 - 2014-03-11 22:04:09 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:

I sincerely hope he is the one that makes said record. So much so that it is never surpassed.

Whelp, only one way to see to that. I needed plans for this weekend anyway.Twisted