These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Azami Nevinyrall for CSM9!

First post
Author
Tyrant Scorn
#21 - 2014-03-02 23:51:24 UTC
Hello everyone,

You can find Azami Nevinyrall's interview which he had with me at the following link:

Mp3 Download Link:
http://www.legacyofacapsuleer.com/mp3/CSM9_interview_06_Azami_Nevinyrall.mp3

Watch It On YouTube At:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsKAi0kGS8o

Hope you guys enjoy the interview and I hope you get to know Azami Nevinyrall a bit better.

Greetz & thanks,

Tyrant Scorn
Em arr Roids
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2014-03-03 11:18:32 UTC
I was just listening to that podcast and quite liked his opinion on overhauling missions and general PVP stuff. But the opinion regarding cloaking sucks man.

If they ever brought out counter modules or ships for cloaking you are not only killing a fun aspect of a game for many people, rendering a ship class and modules obsolete but you are also punishing a large quantity of players who are actually active whilst cloaked!

There seems to be the mentality that all players who cloak in system are actually playing on another account etc whilst being afk on the cloaker. It's not true at all.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
Kvitravn.
#23 - 2014-03-03 11:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
If you consider cloaking unbalanced, how do you think about stations?
Beeing docked in a station is safer than beeing cloaked at a safespot, for example.
Alot of ideas thrown around, people complaining about it and how there's no way around it. Mainly nullsec residents. When I was in Nullsec and whenever there was a cloaky in local, I'd be extra cautious, while others never even undocked!

Where I live there is no local.
And I'm gonna be mad if you force me to sit uncloaked in a forcefield just cause I'm (semi)afk a bit or busy chatting :p
Tyrant Scorn
#24 - 2014-03-03 11:48:15 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
If you consider cloaking unbalanced, how do you think about stations?
Beeing docked in a station is safer than beeing cloaked at a safespot, for example.
Alot of ideas thrown around, people complaining about it and how there's no way around it. Mainly nullsec residents. When I was in Nullsec and whenever there was a cloaky in local, I'd be extra cautious, while others never even undocked!

Where I live there is no local.
And I'm gonna be mad if you force me to sit uncloaked in a forcefield just cause I'm (semi)afk a bit or busy chatting :p

Yeah, the cloaking debate is a difficult subject because we all know AFK cloaking is a thing, good or bad... But a change to the cloaking mechanics will impact too much and break WH space lifestyles.

Heck, I survive on cloaking because I roam wormholes and live out of an orca and don't have a POS, so my entire playstyle is based on cloaking.
Azami Nevinyrall
#25 - 2014-03-03 12:42:24 UTC
Thanks for your feedback guys!

Cloaking has been complained about since 2007, by a lot of players. I know my idea is an unpopular one, but remember its just a suggestion. CCP can ignore it outright, use part of it for something they might be a working on, or implement it outright.

I'd actually love it if you'd tell me what part exactly you disagree with. Then I can ponder about it and maybe we can come up with a better solution that would please everyone.... or almost everyone!

Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
Kvitravn.
#26 - 2014-03-03 12:50:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Cloaking has been complained about since 2007, by a lot of players. I know my idea is an unpopular one, but remember its just a suggestion. CCP can ignore it outright, use part of it for something they might be a working on, or implement it outright.

I'd actually love it if you'd tell me what part exactly you disagree with. Then I can ponder about it and maybe we can come up with a better solution that would please everyone.... or almost everyone!

But is cloaking really the problem? Or teleportation?
I don't live in nullsec so I have little experience with that kind of "afk" cloakers but from what I gathered the issue is not the single cloaked bomber but rather the covert cyno he has fitted..

I'd be curious to have some statistics on profit made in nullsec PvE & mining / losses from cloakies/black ops vs. profit made in hisec PvE & mining / losses from suicide ganks. Or in other words: How much do "afk" cloakers affect income compared to suicide ganking.
Azami Nevinyrall
#27 - 2014-03-03 13:03:53 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

But is cloaking really the problem? Or teleportation?
I don't live in nullsec so I have little experience with that kind of "afk" cloakers but from what I gathered the issue is not the single cloaked bomber but rather the covert cyno he has fitted..

With the Cyno Jammer deployable, less of a issue.

Covert cyno is mainly used for larger scaled fleet engagements, where there's a few hundred hostiles in system. A regular cyno is used for hit and run tactics where people are doing PVE stuffs. Also a cloaked ship could be a warpin for a gang 1-2 jumps out, or they might try to solo you if they think you're AFK running a site. (YAY drone boats!)

I think, if this idea was to be implemented, to and make it not OP. I would like it so if someone is not moving and cloaked you're not going to get a 100% hit on them. But know they're there with a general idea of the location.

Teleportation is another issue altogether, and a non issue in wormhole space.

Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
Kvitravn.
#28 - 2014-03-03 13:19:03 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Covert cyno is mainly used for larger scaled fleet engagements, where there's a few hundred hostiles in system. A regular cyno is used for hit and run tactics where people are doing PVE stuffs. Also a cloaked ship could be a warpin for a gang 1-2 jumps out, or they might try to solo you if they think you're AFK running a site. (YAY drone boats!)

I think, if this idea was to be implemented, to and make it not OP. I would like it so if someone is not moving and cloaked you're not going to get a 100% hit on them. But know they're there with a general idea of the location.

Teleportation is indeed a non-issue in wspace, which is why I brought it up. I only ever heard complains about afk cloaking from k-space.

From the example above, you have the regular cyno = teleportation.
And you have the gang warpin.. and that means you have a gang moving around and intel channels where they will be reported. AND you have the afk drone boat.. People that don't pay attention to intel or are even afk won't be affected by your idea.
Azami Nevinyrall
#29 - 2014-03-03 13:43:45 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Teleportation is indeed a non-issue in wspace, which is why I brought it up. I only ever heard complains about afk cloaking from k-space.

From the example above, you have the regular cyno = teleportation.
And you have the gang warpin.. and that means you have a gang moving around and intel channels where they will be reported. AND you have the afk drone boat.. People that don't pay attention to intel or are even afk won't be affected by your idea.

True, those who are AFK don't care about Intel channels. But the PVP orientated players usually form their own gangs to go after or scare off hostiles. This would be another tool and more toys for them to use and play with.

Melody Oliver
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-03-04 20:54:58 UTC
Good luck old corp mate! Even without major coalition backing your ideas may still be heard by those who matter.
Azami Nevinyrall
#31 - 2014-03-04 21:08:32 UTC
Melody Oliver wrote:
Good luck old corp mate! Even without major coalition backing your ideas may still be heard by those who matter.

Thanks man!

I really appreciate your support!

Azami Nevinyrall
#32 - 2014-03-07 14:16:34 UTC
Hey everyone!

My podcast with CAP Stable has been published...

http://capstable.net/2014/03/07/csm9azaminevinyrall/

Feel free to listen and comment/ask any questions!

King of Warcraft
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-03-11 08:34:16 UTC
I listened to your interview on Cap Stable.

When you were asked what your strengths are, you said, "I don't see myself having a particular strength."

When you were asked what you liked about EVE Online, you said, "With the game itself, not much."

When you were asked about what distinguishes you from other candidates, you said, "Nothing, in my mind, sets me out differently."

When you were asked if there was anything you would like to say, you said, "Uh, off the top of my head, not really."

So you have no strengths, don't like the game, there is nothing special about you, and you have nothing to say.
Azami Nevinyrall
#34 - 2014-03-11 09:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
I will address these one at a time oh random alt...

- When you were asked what your strengths are, you said, "I don't see myself having a particular strength."

Yes, I'm a multi talented individual. In IRL I can play the guitar, keep up in a convo with astrophysics, a capable athlete, easily figure out mechanical devices, assemble practically anything without the need for instructions. In EVE, I can be put to any task and excel at it, be it PI, mining, missioning, FW, R&D, etc etc.

So yeah, I'm a very adaptable and flexible individual. If you wish, label that as my strength.

- When you were asked what you liked about EVE Online, you said, "With the game itself, not much."

Bittervet syndrome, I'd like to see the game improve, hence why I'm here doing this!

Also.......The Mittani is the most famous and influential player in EVE. He's also famous by not actually logging in and playing the game itself. But, playing Skype/kugu/TS/etc Online. Keep that in mind!

- When you were asked about what distinguishes you from other candidates, you said, "Nothing, in my mind, sets me out differently."

Yep, I do not know the other CSM members/candidates enough to place judgement on them. My apologies for not saying stuff about people I do not know. Watch American Politics for your entertainment needs.

- When you were asked if there was anything you would like to say, you said, "Uh, off the top of my head, not really."

Yep, I did say that! As with a lot of the other candidates, did you ask them the same question? That's what they said too!

Now, I'm kinda curious on who you are, as that is the only post you've made in your one day life. The thing about me is I really enjoy feedback, I do, if its either positive or negative. That way I learn and grow as an individual and spiritually. Just as long as they're honest and say it to my face. Rolling a toon just to say that is utter disrespect! I would've given you the outmost respect if you said that on your main.

King of Warcraft
Doomheim
#35 - 2014-03-11 09:47:45 UTC  |  Edited by: King of Warcraft
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Yep, I do not know the other CSM members/candidates enough to place judgement on them. My apologies for not saying stuff about people I do not know. Watch American Politics for your entertainment needs.

Nobody is asking you to talk trash about the other candidates. You were asked directly what makes you a better candidate than the other people running. Refusing to answer the question is not some kind of moral high ground; all it means is that you are an obstructionist.

If you aren't willing to promote yourself, why should anyone care about your campaign?

As it stands right now, a vote for you is a vote for a bland, no-personality, no platform nobody.
Azami Nevinyrall
#36 - 2014-03-11 10:13:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
King of Warcraft wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Nobody is asking you to talk trash about the other candidates. You were asked directly what makes you a better candidate than the other people running. Refusing to answer the question is not some kind of moral high ground; all it means is that you are an obstructionist.

If you aren't willing to promote yourself, why should anyone care about your campaign?

As it stands right now, a vote for you is a vote for a bland, no-personality, no platform nobody.

I answered the question both, there and here. I actually didn't refuse to answer the question. Me not answering the question would've been along the lines of "No comment."

So when I said "My apologies for not saying stuff about people I do not know." I meant it in the fullest. In both positive and negative, I do not know the other individuals to place any judgement on them. And I will leave it at that!

Someone who's unwilling to promote themselves wouldn't reply to any questions, nor would they take the time for any podcasts...let alone the several EVEradio shows on a weekly basis........just saying!

That is your opinion if I'm bland with no personality, no platform, nobody!

No platform, yep, I said nothing in this thread and the podcasts/radio shows I enjoyed being a guest on. I was silent. Said nothing, written nothing.

Hell, if I was a nobody, then why are you here...on your alt...trying to publicly discredit me?

King of Warcraft
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-03-11 11:12:08 UTC
When someone asks you what your strengths are, they are asking you what you are good at. When you say you don't have a strength, that is saying that you aren't good at anything.

When someone asks what distinguishes you as a candidate, they are asking why they should vote for you instead of the other 30+ people running. When you say that nothing sets you apart, that is saying that there is no compelling reason to vote for you.

Your platform can be summed up as, "Hey guys, I read on the forums that akf cloaking and null sec sov mechanics are disliked."

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the English language. I say that not as an insult, but merely to point out that there is a language barrier that is preventing you from interviewing well. For example, when I talk about promoting yourself, I am talking about marketing yourself as a viable candidate to the playerbase. The word promote has more than one meaning, and you do not seem to be able to discern the meaning of a word through context.

Quote:

In both positive and negative, I do not know the other individuals to place any judgement on them. And I will leave it at that!

This is the part that really irks me. You are submitting yourself to us so that we as a playerbase can pass judgement upon you to determine your worthiness to be on the CSM. And yet you act as if the idea of judgement, which you have demanded from us, is beneath you.
Azami Nevinyrall
#38 - 2014-03-11 12:11:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
When someone asks me "What my strengths are in EVE" and my reply can be summed up as, I'm a generalist with no skill inparticular that stands out from the others. Does not mean I'm not good at anything.

Thanks for that insult.

When someone asks me what separates myself from the other 30+ candidates. Replying in a polite fashion based on the fact that I do not know the other candidates well enough to form an opinion. Does not mean there's no reason to vote for me.

Thanks for summing up my platform for me! Yes, I do read the forums on a daily basis! And when I see a complaint constantly come up on said forums, I'm making it a part of my campaign to...oh I dunno...take the complaints of the player base to CCP to get them addressed. Which is in the job description...uno, the whole representing the community thing.

And, as for my interviewing skills. Each individual can make their own opinion. After the CAP Stable podcast I asked my interviewer how did I do and what can I do in the future to better myself. (Which itself is a basic skill for interviews of any kind.) He said that I presented myself well even though he threw me a threw curve balls. And he summed up my "How do you compare yourself with the other candidates." Answer as "Polite and politically correct answer." So I'll take his word...that he said to my face...over some random forum alt solely rolled for the intention to discredit me. Which screams how cowardly you are that you must talk behind some alt instead of on your main.

And you talk about judgement? Come on here on your main, so others can pass judgement upon you! Or, you don't want others to pass judgement upon you?

King of Warcraft
Doomheim
#39 - 2014-03-11 13:13:47 UTC
Quote:
When someone asks me "What my strengths are in EVE" and my reply can be summed up as, I'm a generalist with no skill inparticular that stands out from the others. Does not mean I'm not good at anything.

Sure, but it doesn't mean you ARE good at anything either. But it is a bland, ambiguous statement that doesn't tell us anything about your experiences or qualifications.

Quote:

Replying in a polite fashion based on the fact that I do not know the other candidates well enough to for an opinion. Does not mean there's no reason to vote for me.

It absolutely means that there is no reason to vote for you. You were asked why we should vote for you, and you refused to answer. You can try to dress it up with politeness any way you want, but the fact is you are refusing to tell us why we should give you space on our ballot instead of other people. Again, nobody was asking you to talk badly about the other candidates. That was your chance to tell us all about your good qualities and how those qualities relate to the CSM (aka promoting yourself). Instead, we got some bland drivel about how nothing really sets you apart.

Quote:

I'm making it a part of my campaign to...oh I dunno...take the complaints of the player base to CCP to get them addressed. Which is in the job description...uno, the whole representing the community thing.

So your platform is "Vote for me and I pinky swear to do the job"?

Quote:

He said that I presented myself well even though he threw me a threw curve balls.

There are 2 possibilities here: either he didn't have the heart to tell you that you bombed the interview, or you have made this up.

There were several times when he asked your opinion of a topic, and you said, "Well me personally...". You are running for an elected position and yet you act bewildered that he would ask your opinion.

In fact, there were no curveballs. Everything he asked you was based on public statements you had made previously, or were questions about public statements you had made previously. There were no twists or shocking revelations; it was all stuff you have talked about before.

Not to mention the obvious softball questions he lobbed at you that we already discussed (what are your strengths, what distinguishes you as a candidate, do you have anything to say). These were your chances to talk about what you can do well, to tell the voters what you bring to the table, and your answer was nothing.

Quote:

So I'll take his word...that he said to my face...over some random forum alt solely rolled for the intention to discredit me.

First of all, I have 10 accounts that are currently active and another dozen or so that are not active right now. I rarely post on the forums, but when CSM election time rolls around, I log in and ask questions of the candidates I don't fully understand. I logged in with this account, and this was the default character.

Secondly, this alt has been around for longer than I have known of your existence. Its creation had absolutely nothing to do with you.

In the third place, despite what you believe, I am not trying to discredit you. I am researching all the CSM candidates so that when CSM elections happen, I don't have to rely on some third party vote matching. I want to understand who you are as a candidate and what you would bring to the CSM table, but you are taking my questions as a personal attack instead of an opportunity to tell me what your platform is. Because right now, you have no platform. Reading the forums is not a platform.
Azami Nevinyrall
#40 - 2014-03-11 13:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
I've stated before, and I will state it again, cos if you've done your research on me. You would know my history. I've stated that I'm a Generalist/Jack of all trades, master of none...or whatever term you'd use to describe it! I've dabbled in almost every aspect of EVE, and can stand on my own and excel at anything within the game.

So, I can have input in anything that's brought up.

How would you like me to say how I'm a better candidate then the rest? Should I give an opinion and compare myself to everyone that's running? Should I make snap decisions and give opinions to people I don't know? Which would most certainly bite me in the ass later?

No, I think I'll stick to a more honest and polite answer.

Quote:
"Vote for me and I pinky swear to do the job"?

Pretty much everyone is saying that if you actually think about it for a fraction of a second.

There was several possibilities with how my interviewer replied to me. You state he didn't have the heart. I'll go alone the lines of...he gave me a straight forward and honest reply. I explained to him that I'll respect him more as an individual if he told me how I did bluntly. I didn't care if the response was positive or negative. I would learn and grow as an individual. I felt he gave me and honest answer to my question. I'll take it as that! Just like how you are giving me your opinion. Everyone has their own, that's what makes them an individual. Just because their opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean they lied.

And, congratulations for you mutilple ACCTS! You decided to start this on a character with no previous forum posts....at all! And seeing that you've replied to my thread on multiple occasions means that you're active on it now! So, if your asking questions, and researching other candidates. Then why does your history (which is all I have to go on here) shows I'm the only one for the history of your character shows you've only replied to this thread?

Its coming off to me as a personal attack. Its how I'm viewing it! You're constantly bringing up what you view as short comings. Then wording it in a way as if saying "Don't vote for this guy!" If you want to know more about my platform, try asking about it! You have not brought up anything about my platform. All I see is a personal attack, read your posts in someone else's perspective. You might not think of it as a attack. Others might!