These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Darkness of Despair disbands over Crimea War

First post First post
Author
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-03-11 06:33:30 UTC
Doireen Kaundur wrote:
Manu Bennet wrote:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/99002808

while their countrymen slaughter eachother by the millions on the steppes of Tatarstan.

EVE is Real

millions?

Give the man a break, the average Goon meat-shield can't count when he runs out of fingers.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2014-03-11 06:44:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Shiti Dama wrote:
I don't understand you people who say leave RL out of eve. When eve is featured in RL everyone is quick to throw dollar amounts around on how much damage was inflicted, then why shouldn't real life also affect in game events?..

Because that "dollar damage inflicted" making it to RL newsletters fad is cr*p aswell and shouldn't really be a thing.
I would also add that EVE getting publicity for a feature that doesn't really work properly isn't something to write home about either, but that's another talk for another time.

Edit: And honestly, it doesn't matter if in-game event happens because of RL influences or not. It happened, now go figure out what you can do with this and fast, before others outdo you.
Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#23 - 2014-03-11 07:28:11 UTC
Here is the key.
Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-03-11 08:05:20 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Or we can just leave politics out, and just play the damn game.

Felicity Love wrote:
As unsettling as current events are in the Crimea, yes... LEAVE IT OUT of the game.

Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
I'm impressed this thread lasted this long without a lock...

IB4L?

Mina Sebiestar wrote:
Lock this garbage.

Quit calling for censorship. If CCP wants to censor us, that's their call, but if you're afraid of the topic, just get out of the thread. It's your right to cower in fear from words and ideas, but stop trying to force that choice on the rest of us.

If you think people talking about scary things is frightening, you should see what happens when they stop talking.

"The first casualty of war is the truth."
Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#25 - 2014-03-11 08:35:53 UTC
I'm very glad that it turned out that the disbanding had nothing to do with what the OP claimed (read the articles on TMC and/or evenews24). Otherwise it would have been very sad.

That said I still feel pity for the line members who have to evac their stuff and risk getting blopped or else get it locked in stations soon belonging to non blue entities. (Maybe it's time for the diplos to start talking - this might be a great opportunity for both sides to come to terms. Idea)
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2014-03-11 08:39:08 UTC
To be fair to the OP, being under the thumb of a Russian government is tantamount to murder. Look at Russian nationals, they're all dead inside. When you're not dead inside you get shot by FSB agents.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#27 - 2014-03-11 08:48:28 UTC
Aaaand it was pure speculation.

Now can we lock this bullshit for rumor mongering?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-03-11 09:41:24 UTC
Manu Bennet wrote:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/99002808

Darkness of Despair just disbanded over intra-alliance tensions brought on by the Crimean war; Ukrainian and Russian players could no longer keep up a facade of civility while their countrymen slaughter eachother by the millions on the steppes of Tatarstan.

EVE is Real

Slaughter by the millions? Tince the intervention the death count is zero. During hwole revolution is like 80.

Sensacionalistic fake news of real world subjects should not be in these forums. Woudl create unecessary tension.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Ralen Zateki
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-03-11 11:31:10 UTC
News flash: EVE isn't real.

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#30 - 2014-03-11 11:52:37 UTC
The steps of tarter stain?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#31 - 2014-03-11 12:05:36 UTC
EVE has more than enough politics of its own. No RL stuff needs to be imported.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Cranky MaDinky
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-03-11 12:13:03 UTC
Mayhaw Morgan wrote:
If you think people talking about scary things is frightening, you should see what happens when they stop talking.

Melodramatic Drivel...

I'm sick of this story in the RL news. I don't care about any of it...
Salvos Rhoska
#33 - 2014-03-11 12:14:33 UTC
Cranky MaDinky wrote:

>>I'm sick of this story in the RL news.
>>I don't care about any of it...

Pick one.
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2014-03-11 13:19:35 UTC
Locking this as it is both a rumor and potentially politically inflammatory.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Previous page12