These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Revelation: The Book of Bloodletting, Chapter 3

Author
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#21 - 2014-03-10 00:56:51 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
I do get lonely some nights...

I kinda know the feeling, a gallon of ice cream and people exploding tend to get me through it.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2014-03-10 01:10:51 UTC  |  Edited by: N'maro Makari
Nau-pil-us-he-was-a-prophet-dumdumdumdumdumb

**Vherokior **

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-03-10 01:35:57 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
You know what the most depressing thing about this is?

It isn't even news. This is the same sort of "zealous follower of the Amarrian religion goes off the deep end and starts worshiping the Red God" thing we see all the time, with no nuance or interesting spin on it. We saw this with Revan Neferis, we saw this with Silas Vitalia and we saw this with a dozen other previously devout capsuleers. It's all "hurr durr blood" this and "dum de dee slaughter" that and "wibbily woo divine destiny" the other. Second verse, same as the first, always with the grandstanding and the blood and the declarations that no, really, I've totally for realsies seen the One True Path guys!

If you're going to go insane, do at least try and be original about it.

While I am not so blasé about mass slaughter and heresy, you're quite right.
The interesting thing about the Sabik religion is that it's designed to appeal to one's thirst for power. It singles out the inconsequential and unimportant like those you have named and tells them they are special. It's easy to hear what one wants to.

It was never about Amarr, it was always about Nauplius.
Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#24 - 2014-03-10 02:49:45 UTC
Nothing wrong with doing whatever you do with a bit of class. Silas, Nefaris, even Noh, have a bit of flair, a bit of something extra, to what they do. It makes them interesting - or, usually, anyway.

Nauplius is just... well. Predictable.

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

Kale Silence
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-03-10 03:22:50 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
Nothing wrong with doing whatever you do with a bit of class. Silas, Nefaris, even Noh, have a bit of flair, a bit of something extra, to what they do. It makes them interesting - or, usually, anyway.

Ah ok. So long as you've got flair and whatnot, killing millions of people is juuust fine.

A Member of gradient condones genocide. That's going on the Calendar! Blink
Skye Nico
#26 - 2014-03-10 03:26:15 UTC
Using eccentricity or "flair" doesn't change what people are. Their ideas are just as ignorant, their actions just as objectionable, and themselves just as banal. Just because they can use cults of personality to make themselves more palatable doesn't mean they are any less pathetic.
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#27 - 2014-03-10 03:47:57 UTC
Skye Nico wrote:
Using eccentricity or "flair" doesn't change what people are. Their ideas are just as ignorant, their actions just as objectionable, and themselves just as banal. Just because they can use cults of personality to make themselves more palatable doesn't mean they are any less pathetic.

This most certainly applies to Nauplius. However, I would choose much stronger language to describe Blood Raiders and the like. Words such as psychopathic, genocidal, homicidal, cruel, abomination, inhumane, deranged, etc, would be more applicable.

Also, personally, the fact that he has joined the Blood Raider ranks merely makes it easier to put him in a category of crazy. Does not make anyone loyal to Amarr want to kill him less. Actually gives even more reason to do so.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#28 - 2014-03-10 04:10:47 UTC
All this **** posting Mr Nauplius, you'd probably fit right in with Sky Fighters if you weren't such a ****.

Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:

Almost everynight for me, Kyllsa. Thank Bob for my Fedo.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#29 - 2014-03-10 04:11:45 UTC
Kale Silence wrote:
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:

Ah ok. So long as you've got flair and whatnot, killing millions of people is juuust fine.

Sweet, I can get away with murder because I have a loveable personality? Time to go on a rampage! Big smile

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Kale Silence
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-03-10 04:20:53 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Kale Silence wrote:
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:

Sweet, I can get away with murder because I have a loveable personality? Time to go on a rampage! Big smile

Yay! Big smile
Kale Silence
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-03-10 04:22:58 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
All this **** posting Mr Nauplius, you'd probably fit right in with Sky Fighters if you weren't such a ****.

Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:

Almost everynight for me, Kyllsa. Thank Bob for my Fedo.

Well you can always contact me if I'm on the network Blink
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#32 - 2014-03-10 04:34:26 UTC
Kale Silence wrote:
Well you can always contact me if I'm on the network Blink

Aye, that's true enough.

I have enjoyed the times we've spent chatting, Ms Silence.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#33 - 2014-03-10 07:58:59 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
If I were the Blood Raider Covenant, I would silence Nauplius as soon as possible, lest he manage to do the impossible and make their public image even worse.

I believe it is a true testament to his level of insanity that we both find ourselves in complete agreement.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#34 - 2014-03-10 10:42:14 UTC
Amarr God, Red God... it doesn't matter for me, while Mr. Nauplius does good work and eradicates enemies of the Empire and the State.
It is totally fine to me, if it is minmatar blood and not, for example, mine.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#35 - 2014-03-10 10:45:50 UTC
It grieves me to see a former 1PG pilot who briefly served under my command to fall astray, to leave an empty page in the book of records. Next time when “God” speaks to you, ask him to use modern standard language—for if ye art the Lord’s modern prophet thou shall speaketh to us in modern ways so that we may und'rstandeth thou!
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#36 - 2014-03-10 11:06:59 UTC
The only surprise I can admit here is Mr. Naupilus not defecting to the Equilibrium of Mankind instead.
Which made me lose a little bet I had with one of my Archangels. A pity.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#37 - 2014-03-10 11:45:51 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
The only surprise I can admit here is Mr. Naupilus not defecting to the Equilibrium of Mankind instead.
Which made me lose a little bet I had with one of my Archangels. A pity.

Hold on to that bet, the way Naupilus is going, there's chance even the Blood Raiders denounce him, for being a false prophet. However his ramblings and 'the found lost scripture' does fit well with Equilibrim of Mankind philosphy of *Burn them all!*

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#38 - 2014-03-10 12:14:40 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
This is the meaning of the Scripture — God has given the Minmatar Republic over to destruction and no mercy is due them. One part of the Minmatar are to be sacrificed to God, for whom the blood of the Minmatar has a sweet taste. One part of the Minmatar is given to the Amarr — the blood of the Brutor shall give you strength, the blood of the Sebiestor shall give you intellect, and the blood of the Vherokior shall give you wisdom. Thus saith God of whom Nauplius is a Prophet. Amen. Amarr Victor.

Pilot Nauplius, I couldn't help but notice that your genocide is directed towards the Minmatar Republic, Brutor, Sebiestor and Vherokior. I take we Thukker aren't involved? Whilst I appreciate that you make the distinction between us and our cousins who choose to huddle in the Republican cattle-shed, I'm starting to wonder why you're not going to be drinking our blood... is there something wrong with it?

Pilots Osyn, Siikanen, Silence and Dusette - I find it hard to believe that any of you would get lonely at night! You're all attractive wealthy girls with celebrity status, right? Look, I understand the whole commitment thing, but if you just need a bit of company I know of several Valklear NCO's who... well, let's just say they've never let me down. Just give me a call and I'll sort something out for you Blink

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Anyanka Funk
Doomheim
#39 - 2014-03-10 12:24:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Anyanka Funk
Our RED GOD has Chosen Nauplius. Our GOD is that of redemption. You must truly fall into the pits of perdition to be Chosen, which Nauplius has. But in his faith and through sacrificial blood, Nauplius has risen to prophesize. Take head of his word. We are all heathens at one point, until we, like Nauplius, look within ourselves for the faith to do GODs will.

May your soul be blessed, Nauplius!
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#40 - 2014-03-10 12:38:47 UTC
Anyanka Funk wrote:
Our RED GOD has Chosen Nauplius. Our GOD is that of redemption. You must truly fall into the pits of perdition to be Chosen, which Nauplius has. But in his faith and through sacrificial blood, Nauplius has risen to prophesize. Take head of his word. We are all heathens at one point, until we, like Nauplius, look within ourselves for the faith to do GODs will.

May your soul be blessed, Nauplius!

You know, there's an old Intaki adage that states that you can judge the quality of a man not by the company he favours, but by the company that favours him.

Seems kind of appropriate right now.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.