These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Caldari Cruiser line for your Consideration

Author
Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#21 - 2014-03-09 14:54:22 UTC
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
I fail to see whats the whining on about, an internet fitted caracal with RLML II's and precision missiles loaded does 180 dps versus an ab malediction with speed of 1.9k and 150 dps to a mwd malediction with speed of 5.2k. But we are talking about a t1 cruiser taking on a t2 frig, when we go for example to usage of a t2 cruiser variation of caracal named cerberus numbers rise to 215 dps to a mwd malediction and 247 dps to an ab malediction which is quite a lot. We are talking about applicable dps. Not to mention the 31km range of caracal and 47.5km range of cerberus with precision missiles loaded. Would really love to hear your opinion on ability to hit an interceptor with scorch lasers or railgun thorax. With fury missiles they apply full damage to cruiser sized ships 409 caracal to a 614 cerberus, with reloads that falls to 240 and 358 with 30 and 40km range.

My heretic, can fight- and kill an RLML caracal. I have done it on many occasions. Maybe its just me, but ceratinly a cruiser fit to kill frigs.... should be able to kill them? Its pretty sad what the current state of the caracal / all missile ships save 2 are currently. Cut the **** about 'adapting', you don't PvP and have no idea what you are talking about. THere is no 'adapt' in regards to missile use in the current meta. Adapting, is simply not using the weapon system / hulls anymore- which is a **** poor choice.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-03-09 15:37:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Eyana Starstruck
Again I fail to see why people are comparing and boasting around killing a t1 cruiser with a t2 ship, this one not even being a frig but a t2 dessy. Maybe you are just a better pilot than the counter player, you had a fit designed to take on such a target while he might have not, lots of factors could sway in every way but I would like to ask you to go up against a cerberus and tell us how it goes for you. Not to mention that you took down a ship that is 5x cheaper hull than yours. Not to mention the differences in skill, implants and other factors that also are a huge impact in fights.

Edit

Please go and fight in a t1 frig vs a RLML caracal of apropriate skills and tell us how it goes for you.
Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#23 - 2014-03-09 15:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Chessur
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
Again I fail to see why people are comparing and boasting around killing a t1 cruiser with a t2 ship, this one not even being a frig but a t2 dessy. Maybe you are just a better pilot than the counter player, you had a fit designed to take on such a target while he might have not, lots of factors could sway in every way but I would like to ask you to go up against a cerberus and tell us how it goes for you. Not to mention that you took down a ship that is 5x cheaper hull than yours. Not to mention the differences in skill, implants and other factors that also are a huge impact in fights.

Edit

Please go and fight in a t1 frig vs a RLML caracal of apropriate skills and tell us how it goes for you.

The same horrible argument.

T2 vs T1 is irrelevant. It doesn't matter when you are comparing ships- not in the slightest. As each ship in a T1 / T2 class is designed to do something different. The RLML caracal is desgined to kill light targets. The fact that it cannot kill AF's / Intys, and will die to a heretic 1v1 is a sign that something is wrong.

I seriously can't believe you are trying to justify your argument by saying 'there are many factors to a PvP engagement..' Well no ****. Welcome to eve. At the end of the day, an anti-support platform should be able to do its primary job, effectively and easily. IE. A curse when it comes to neuting, or a dictor when it comes to tossing bubbles. Yet here, we have a ship that is completely failing in its role. Something is wrong with that, and it is a glaring problem.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-03-09 15:59:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
I fail to see whats the whining on about, an internet fitted caracal with RLML II's and precision missiles loaded does 180 dps versus an ab malediction with speed of 1.9k and 150 dps to a mwd malediction with speed of 5.2k. But we are talking about a t1 cruiser taking on a t2 frig, when we go for example to usage of a t2 cruiser variation of caracal named cerberus numbers rise to 215 dps to a mwd malediction and 247 dps to an ab malediction which is quite a lot. We are talking about applicable dps. Not to mention the 31km range of caracal and 47.5km range of cerberus with precision missiles loaded. Would really love to hear your opinion on ability to hit an interceptor with scorch lasers or railgun thorax. With fury missiles they apply full damage to cruiser sized ships 409 caracal to a 614 cerberus, with reloads that falls to 240 and 358 with 30 and 40km range.

This is not at all accurate. You are also taking a system specifically designed against frigates against a long range system. Following that logic the only thing that compares to a RailRax is a HM Caracal, which will do a whooping 10-13 DPS on a TP'd, MWDing Malediction

I've just put this in PYFA.

Let's go a little crazy and assume you have a TP and 3 BCUs
AB -> 190 dps
MWD ->110 dps

Now let's take an Omen (Web and Heat Sinks)
AB/MWD -> up to and over 500 dps (depending on transversal)

A Thorax with Null will do even better.

Let's be more realistic though. No one flies around with precision lights loaded already, people fly around with CN scourge loaded. In your example, I see the Maledication, I swap to precisions (Since with CN Scourge, I do 60 dps) while the Malediction already gets 35 seconds of free shooting time on me. Reload over yay, half my shields are gone. Now I don't know if you've actually looked this up, but at 110dps an entire load of my RLML (18 volleys) cannot kill a 200mm plated Maledication (which is the majority of them). You just don't have enough damage in 1 clip to kill him before having to reload again.

The Malediction gets almost 2 minutes of unload time, which is more than enough to kill a buffer tanked Caracal.

People generally don't swap ammo much, because it of the 35sec reload timer. That's half your shields gone already. You will be using CN Scourge, so realistically you're more looking at 55-60dps on a MWDing, TP'd Maledication. That means depending on skill, he can take a whooping 2 full clips of RLMLs.

At least you're not completely ignorant, and I see you got the 409dps from Scourge Furies (which do 25dps on our Malediction above). So here I am, flying around with my Precision missiles, and I see our Omen from above there. Sweet, I change to Fury missiles ... oh no. I've died before I finished reloading. :(

Let's say I was flying with CN Scourge. I do about 330dps on a cruiser. Not too shabby. Meanwhile, my buddy in the Thorax is cranking out 450-500 and the Omen itself is pushing 480-520. Unfortunately though, after about 30 seconds of shooting, I'm dry. Reload time ... On the Omen it turns out, I did about 30% armor damage. Good stuff. Let's just hope he can't actually repair in that 35 second gap of me not doing damage and let's hope I manage to somehow stay alive in that 35 second gap as wel.

I don't think you realise but in ideal circumstances, you are doing that RLML dps for about 40 seconds. Then you have 35 seconds of reload time. With CN Scourge, the absolute maximum you can get out of that clip of missiles, is 14850 raw damage. Once you deduct target resistances, tranversals, sig radii there isn't really a whole lot left. You talk about Caracal DPS as if it has constant up time. If anything you should divide by 2, since half of the time it's reloading. If you cannot blap something with your initial 3-5K burst, in the first 40 seconds, you are done. And please have a look at the hit points of most frigate and cruiser fits. You'll be surprised.

So yea, you're missing a few things there. Quite a few actually.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-03-09 16:11:11 UTC
As said please go fight a well fitted cerberus with the same amount of flying skills in it as you have in your heretic and tell us the result.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-03-09 16:23:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
As said please go fight a well fitted cerberus with the same amount of flying skills in it as you have in your heretic and tell us the result.

You do realise that in 1 clip the Cerb cannot kill a Heretic and if the Heretic has a SAAR, it will never kill it as long as it has paste. I like how you are completely oblivious to the fact there's a 35 second reload time after every RLML clip. The Heretic will however destroy a buffer tanked Cerb, given enough time.

Keeping in mind that the Cerb has a considerably stronger tank than the Caracal, it's completely possible for a Heretic to kill a Caracal. It wouldn't even have to do much to tank 1-2 clips of RLMLs. And that would be more than enough time for the Heretic to kill the Cara.
Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#27 - 2014-03-09 16:27:57 UTC
Eyana Starstruck wrote:

And there we have it ladies and gentleman, the cop out, a TKO- the surrender. You have nothing, stop wasting forum space with your uninformed musings.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-03-09 16:52:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Eyana Starstruck
Aivo Dresden wrote:
This is not at all accurate. You are also taking a system specifically designed against frigates against a long range system. Following that logic the only thing that compares to a RailRax is a HM Caracal, which will do a whooping 10-13 DPS on a TP'd, MWDing Malediction

I've just put this in PYFA.

Let's go a little crazy and assume you have a TP and 3 BCUs
AB -> 190 dps
MWD ->110 dps

Now let's take an Omen (Web and Heat Sinks)
AB/MWD -> up to and over 500 dps (depending on transversal)

A Thorax with Null will do even better.

Let's be more realistic though. No one flies around with precision lights loaded already, people fly around with CN scourge loaded. In your example, I see the Maledication, I swap to precisions (Since with CN Scourge, I do 60 dps) while the Malediction already gets 35 seconds of free shooting time on me. Reload over yay, half my shields are gone. Now I don't know if you've actually looked this up, but at 110dps an entire load of my RLML (18 volleys) cannot kill a 200mm plated Maledication (which is the majority of them). You just don't have enough damage in 1 clip to kill him before having to reload again.

The Malediction gets almost 2 minutes of unload time, which is more than enough to kill a buffer tanked Caracal.

People generally don't swap ammo much, because it of the 35sec reload timer. That's half your shields gone already. You will be using CN Scourge, so realistically you're more looking at 55-60dps on a MWDing, TP'd Maledication. That means depending on skill, he can take a whooping 2 full clips of RLMLs.

At least you're not completely ignorant, and I see you got the 409dps from Scourge Furies (which do 25dps on our Malediction above). So here I am, flying around with my Precision missiles, and I see our Omen from above there. Sweet, I change to Fury missiles ... oh no. I've died before I finished reloading. :(

Let's say I was flying with CN Scourge. I do about 330dps on a cruiser. Not too shabby. Meanwhile, my buddy in the Thorax is cranking out 450-500 and the Omen itself is pushing 480-520. Unfortunately though, after about 30 seconds of shooting, I'm dry. Reload time ... On the Omen it turns out, I did about 30% armor damage. Good stuff. Let's just hope he can't actually repair in that 35 second gap of me not doing damage and let's hope I manage to somehow stay alive in that 35 second gap as wel.

I don't think you realise but in ideal circumstances, you are doing that RLML dps for about 40 seconds. Then you have 35 seconds of reload time. With CN Scourge, the absolute maximum you can get out of that clip of missiles, is 14850 raw dps. Once you deduct target resistances, tranversals, sig radii there isn't really a whole lot left. You talk about Caracal DPS as if it has constant up time. If anything you should divide by 2, since half of the time it's reloading. If you cannot blap something with your initial 3-5K burst, in the first 40 seconds, you are done. And please have a look at the hit points of most frigate and cruiser fits. You'll be surprised.

So yea, you're missing a few things there. Quite a few actually.

Light missiles are a long range equivalent of small missile launchers so asking for a comparison with other long range medium weapons is valid.

Concerning the other part of your argument it is all true, the reload times, not having precision fitted and the rest are all valid points. However you are forgetting some other issues that are valid and should be considered, you do not require cap to shoot, traversal and sig doesn't matter at all cause you will be hit for full damage when it comes to cruiser size, ability to chose the right ammo against the ships weakest rez and also the 30km range of your weapons.

While omen and thorax both require cap to shoot, omen does that damage up to 10km and with scorch up to 20km, if omen is active tank fitted then it will burn trough its cap even sooner if it is a buffer tank then you can be kited, your guns are affected by sig and traversal. Same thing goes for thorax but he has that much dps up to 3k km and cant even shoot past 10km and also requires cap for its active tank which will result in faster cap burning and if you are an active tank you can be kited and freely disengaged.

They all have their pro's and con's caracal is good at its own thing and RLML's are also good for their own role and they are not at all underpowered if used properly and with a right tactic.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-03-09 17:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
Concerning the other part of your argument it is all true, the reload times, not having precision fitted and the rest are all valid points. However you are forgetting some other issues that are valid and should be considered, you do not require cap to shoot, traversal and sig doesn't matter at all cause you will be hit for full damage when it comes to cruiser size, ability to chose the right ammo against the ships weakest rez and also the 30km range of your weapons.

While omen and thorax both require cap to shoot, omen does that damage up to 10km and with scorch up to 20km, if omen is active tank fitted then it will burn trough its cap even sooner if it is a buffer tank then you can be kited, your guns are affected by sig and traversal. Same thing goes for thorax but he has that much dps up to 3k km and cant even shoot past 10km and also requires cap for its active tank which will result in faster cap burning and if you are an active tank you can be kited and freely disengaged.

They all have their pro's and con's caracal is good at its own thing and RLML's are also good for their own role and they are not at all underpowered if used properly and with a right tactic.

What the hell are small missile launchers? The medium sized long range launcher is the Heavy Missile launcher. The medium sized sized short range high, damage launcher, is the RLML. Light missiles themselves, are actually a frigate sized weapon system.

In as good as all situations having an effective range over your point range is pretty useless, since at that point the target will just warp off. Both Omens and Raxs can fit cap boosters, in fact they are pretty standard these days. Both are also faster than a Caracal. Both also do almost twice the damage and don't actually have to worry about 35 second reload times, every 40 seconds.

I think you also missed the point above where I just indicated that a frigate as long as it has some sort of tank, will kill a solo RLML Caracal. The only situation in which RLML Caracals are OK, is in small gang engagements. 4-5 shooting the same frigate will probably kill 2-3. But then everyone gets to do a 35 second reload round all together. You better hope there isn't much left on the field or you're going to take some losses there.

At the same time, you could have just taken 4-5 Vexors and your gang composition would have been so much better. You even got RRs sorted, when flying Vexors. Hell, even a gang of rail Moas would have been better.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-03-09 17:09:02 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Eyana Starstruck wrote:

And there we have it ladies and gentleman, the cop out, a TKO- the surrender. You have nothing, stop wasting forum space with your uninformed musings.

Please refrain from such comments and personal insults targeted at the person with whom you do not share the same opinion, cause to any cultured and well mannered group you will just look silly and they will ignore you like I plan on doing.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-03-09 17:19:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
Please refrain from such comments and personal insults targeted at the person with whom you do not share the same opinion, cause to any cultured and well mannered group you will just look silly and they will ignore you like I plan on doing.

On the other hand that's just what it is. An Opinion. Your opinion of the Caracal can be whatever you want it to be. That doesn't take away the fact that RLML and arguably the Caldari ships as they are the ones that fit them most prominently, need some attention.

If we get back to the original topic here though, the Caldari cruiser line, I would go as far as saying they are alright. The problem is that half of them have no decent weapon system to fit. There's really no decent medium missile system.

And sure you can fly a Caracal fit with whatever launcher you want, it's just not as good as other cruisers. There are always alternatives. Sure the Caracal can do damage, just not as much as other cruisers. And sure it tanks, just not as well as others. It kites too, but just not as good as others. In a game where everyone min/maxes all the time, you want to fly the best. An average ship, with below average weapons just doesn't cut it, unless you like getting blown up.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-03-09 17:31:33 UTC
Aivo Dresden wrote:
What the hell are small missile launchers? The medium sized long range launcher is the Heavy Missile launcher. The medium sized sized short range high, damage launcher, is the RLML. Light missiles themselves, are actually a frigate sized weapon system.

In as good as all situations having an effective range over your point range is pretty useless, since at that point the target will just warp off. Both Omens and Raxs can fit cap boosters, in fact they are pretty standard these days. Both are also faster than a Caracal. Both also do almost twice the damage and don't actually have to worry about 35 second reload times, every 40 seconds.

I think you also missed the point above where I just indicated that a frigate as long as it has some sort of tank, will kill a solo RLML Caracal. The only situation in which RLML Caracals are OK, is in small gang engagements. 4-5 shooting the same frigate will probably kill 2-3. But then everyone gets to do a 35 second reload round all together. You better hope there isn't much left on the field or you're going to take some losses there.

At the same time, you could have just taken 4-5 Vexors and your gang composition would have been so much better. You even got RRs sorted, when flying Vexors. Hell, even a gang of rail Moas would have been better.

If RLML with light missies can reach to 40km range doesn't that make it a long range weapon or far reaching weapon whatever you like?

You do not have the range on both omen and thorax to reach the caracal in that 24km point range if he kites you correctly, especially thorax.

Yes they can both fit for cap boosters but if they field buffer tank they are slower than the caracal and caracal can always disengage, if they are active tanked and a pilot fits an overdrive injector on a caracal then not even an active tanked omen or thorax can catch you and you can always disengage and keep them in your point range.

I never said that there aren't better options than a caracal for that kind of warfare but it is not at all that underpowered just that if used correctly and with right tactic they are fully capable of being effective.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-03-09 17:49:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Eyana Starstruck
Aivo Dresden wrote:
Eyana Starstruck wrote:

On the other hand that's just what it is. An Opinion. Your opinion of the Caracal can be whatever you want it to be. That doesn't take away the fact that RLML and arguably the Caldari ships as they are the ones that fit them most prominently, need some attention.

If we get back to the original topic here though, the Caldari cruiser line, I would go as far as saying they are alright. The problem is that half of them have no decent weapon system to fit. There's really no decent medium missile system.

And sure you can fly a Caracal fit with whatever launcher you want, it's just not as good as other cruisers. There are always alternatives. Sure the Caracal can do damage, just not as much as other cruisers. And sure it tanks, just not as well as others. It kites too, but just not as good as others. In a game where everyone min/maxes all the time, you want to fly the best. An average ship, with below average weapons just doesn't cut it, unless you like getting blown up.

Ships like omen and thorax are forced into em/therm and kin/therm type damage and can't change it, can be neuted out thus their dps falls to 0, tracking disrupted and depend on sig and traversal, while caracal can shoot even if neuted out, can select damage type and have bigger range than most of the other cruisers, doesn't care about weapon disruptions and traversal. The downsides are that it doesn't have as high dps as omen and thorax have for example.

The thing about caracal's is that you do not even have to go with RLML you can chose HAM's for cruiser fights and come on top both omen and thorax trough kiting them around. Caracals and missiles are at a good spot at the moment and my opinion is still that they do not need changing, but as you said that is just my opinion.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-03-09 17:52:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
You do not have the range on both omen and thorax to reach the caracal in that 24km point range if he kites you correctly, especially thorax.

Yes they can both fit for cap boosters but if they field buffer tank they are slower than the caracal and caracal can always disengage, if they are active tanked and a pilot fits an overdrive injector on a caracal then not even an active tanked omen or thorax can catch you and you can always disengage and keep them in your point range.

I never said that there aren't better options than a caracal for that kind of warfare but it is not at all that underpowered just that if used correctly and with right tactic they are fully capable of being effective.

I suppose in pure range numbers, Heavy Assault launchers have a shorter range, should be around 30km. RLML would be 60ish and Heavy Missile launchers probably around 90km. None of that is really that interesting, since past 24-30km you can't hold points and sniping with missiles just doesn't work. On paper HAMs would probably do even more damage but the damage application of those against frigates is just atrocious.

If you think about it, you would never fit small turrets on a cruiser. They just failed so hard on making missiles work against frigates, they instead designed a launcher that uses frigate sized ammo and fits on cruisers.

At 24-30km, you can't deactivate the MWD meaning the Thorax can decide to disengage and bail. At that point you're far beyond web range as well. It's extremely unlikely you'll hold down the Thorax.

Like I said though, it's just not good enough. Yea it might be possible and I'm sure people pull off kills like that, but who cares when there's a dozen ships that are just better?
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
Ships like omen and thorax are forced into em/therm and kin/therm type damage and can't change it, can be neuted out thus their dps falls to 0, tracking disrupted and depend on sig and traversal, while caracal can shoot even if neuted out, can select damage type and have bigger range than most of the other cruisers, doesn't care about weapon disruptions and traversal. The downsides are that it doesn't have as high dps as omen and thorax have for example.

The thing about caracal's is that you do not even have to go with RLML you can chose HAM's for cruiser fights and come on top both omen and thorax trough kiting them around. Caracals and missiles are at a good spot at the moment and my opinion is still that they do not need changing, but as you said that is just my opinion.

No you cannot change damage types, because that gives you a 35 second reload timer. It's extremely hard to recover from starting a fight with 35 seconds of not shooting. Have you actually used these launchers yourself??

Sure you can fit HAMs/HMs. Have you ever tried using them? If all you can do is look at numbers in PYFA or EFT then please, I invite you to go in-game and actually try killing a Taranis with HMs. Let us know how it goes.

And no, all that neuting and tracking immunity and what not the Caracal gets over other cruisers, it's irrelevant if it cannot kill things. Besides, neuting still takes out your hardeners and prob mod, and without prop mod, no kiting. Projectiles don't use cap either, yet they are in a far better place than medium missile systems. You say transversal and this and that, I say sig radius and speed. You make it sound like missiles have no damage modifiers at all. Don't underestimate the effect of speed and sig radius on the damage output of missiles.

I'm sorry man, but you don't really seem to have much of an idea what it's like actually using these ships and launchers. You pull up some chart and numbers you saw in PYFA and come around shouting everything is fine here.
Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#35 - 2014-03-09 18:12:53 UTC
Eyana Starstruck wrote:
Aivo Dresden wrote:
Eyana Starstruck wrote:

See its funny, because i see all of these words coming out of your mouth- words that when placed into sentances are not making any sense at all. Its almost as if you have no real PvP experience. So then I checked your KBs. And what did i find? Proof that as I had suspected, you are one of those arm chair theory crafters that somehow thinks they understand 'PvP' but in reality have no practical experience in the matter.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1630880

So impressive.

Or i am completely wrong, and you are an alt. Which is pathetic, because alts should never argue.
Eyana Starstruck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-03-09 18:41:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Eyana Starstruck
You can change the type of ammo before the fight if you attack something, if you get caught you could change the type of ammo before the reload cycle.

I am well aware of the sig and speed affecting missiles and a kiting HAM caracal is able to do over 200 dps to omen and thorax for example against the weakest rez while being completely safe to disengage when and if they feel like it counting on the fact that they were the ones to open the fight. You wouldn't use HM's cause you can reach well into your point range so HAM's are the only choice besides the RLML.

Tell me how buffer with cap boosters thorax and omen fare versus a double prop taranis will you?

Edit

Just to add that in order to neut out the caracal you need to usualy be at 12km range while caracal is applying dps from 20km range, while both omen and thorax to apply their menacing dps need to be in neuting range. Why are you underestimating tracking disruption when a single tracking disruptor takes thorax matter optimal to 700 and null to 2k so you can be in both scram and web range and not being able to apply any type of dps except drones.
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2014-03-09 18:51:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Odithia
Have you guys ever tried shooting at an Interceptor with Heavy Pulse ?
The moment the inty stop burning cluelessly toward you (under 25km) is the moment you stop applying any damage on it.

RLML give you option to apply damage whatever the range/transversal, you can't expect similar potential dps than a turret that can apply its damage only under optimal circumpstances.
Brutor Trash
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-03-10 01:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Brutor Trash
Eyana Starstruck wrote:

That is the single most dumbest thing I've ever heard. I recommend you learn wtf is going on before posting complete trash. Everyone knows RLML is in a state of garbage and needs to be fixed.

Here's a poll http://poll.pollcode.com/59636175

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1630880 just saw this. Welcome to Eve Forums. These are the guys making changes, these are the who sperge on forums all day, this is all CCP sees. No wonder this game is screwed up.
Joe Boirele
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-03-10 01:50:57 UTC
I have to say I agree that medium missiles are mostly useless, unless you just like pretty explosions. RLML have that 35 sec reload, HM have terrible damage application, and HAM are just meh.

Enemies are just friends who stab you in the front.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"

Brutor Trash
Doomheim
#40 - 2014-03-10 02:14:31 UTC
Joe Boirele wrote:
I have to say I agree that medium missiles are mostly useless, unless you just like pretty explosions. RLML have that 35 sec reload, HM have terrible damage application, and HAM are just meh.

Right, this isn't just about RLML. It's about the entire group of them. Each got nerfed into the ground one after the other and never got any attention again. Which is why I am worried about the state of RLML, will this too, just like HML and HAM be forgotten?