These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Seriously !?!?!?

First post
Author
Derided Demise
Universal Samurai
#1 - 2014-03-08 22:40:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Derided Demise
How does responding to a bid or buy out, constitute a bump? It does not violate any of the posted rules, nor does it constitute a conversation when you are declining a bid.
Edmark I
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-03-08 22:44:08 UTC
Derided Demise wrote:
How does responding to a bid or buy out, constitute a bump? It does not violate any of the posted rules, nor does it constitute a conversation when you are declining a bid.

Because people use their npc alts to bid on their own auctions and bump their threads to the first page
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3 - 2014-03-08 22:53:35 UTC
Bump

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Derided Demise
Universal Samurai
#4 - 2014-03-08 23:00:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Derided Demise
Unfortunately, I don't agree with being punished for the actions of others; however, I understand that CCP would be unable to verify the account owners of every bidder on the forums. As such I would recommend they then correct the wording in their rules/guide to say "responses on the forums are prohibited".
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#5 - 2014-03-08 23:05:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
Stuff happens. Don't be so mad. But if you wish to be angry, I must insist that you edit the title to include "!?!?!?" to properly make your anger visible. You might wish to sprinkle some of these throughout the original post and all followup comments here as well.

As always, the GD community taskforce is here to help.

*edit* Btw, are you discussing moderation?

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Derided Demise
Universal Samurai
#6 - 2014-03-08 23:14:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Derided Demise
Erotica 1 wrote:
Stuff happens. Don't be so mad. But if you wish to be angry, I must insist that you edit the title to include "!?!?!?" to properly make your anger visible. You might wish to sprinkle some of these throughout the original post and all followup comments here as well.

As always, the GD community taskforce is here to help.

*edit* Btw, are you discussing moderation?

I very much enjoy the "!?!?!?"; and yes this is in reference to moderation. I am trying to bring visibility to a issue with the rules/guide. It will likely take far longer than the 24h my thread has been locked for CCP to even notice or review the complaint. Even then, this post will likely be locked, possibly due to a rule that may not even apply.

Editing the title to add "!?!?!?"
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2014-03-08 23:27:05 UTC
Derided Demise wrote:
Even then, this post will likely be locked, possibly due to a rule that may not even apply.
Rest assured that the following rule very much applies to this thread :
11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

Also, to clarify, The Character bazaar rules are quite clear that ANY response in your own WTS/WTB thread is regarded as your daily bump.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)