These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

I need a volunteer...

Author
Pix Severus
Empty You
#41 - 2014-03-07 23:50:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Pix Severus
You'll be back after you get banned for doing something "bad" that you can do without a second thought in EVE.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Th3 Arbit3r
Four-Q
#42 - 2014-03-07 23:50:49 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I think too many devs look at WoW for guidance with good cause.

But isn't ESO just a WOW clone? That's the impression I got from the presentation thing they did.

I don't think so. I think that, much like Eve, there is a greater flexibility in character development. I love the fact that there is not a "tank" class or a "healer" class. I suppose it's only a matter of time until the min/maxers come along and ruin the game with their, "You need X, Y, and Z to be successful at anything", horseshit. My thoughts are that so long as Zenimax stays true to the spirit of the franchise everything will be okay. Smile

I played beta after hearing the devs say there will none of that "quest to npc to quest to npc" ****. And guess what it turned out to be the biggest quest grind ever.

Fishing, with no point to it and as for the class thing. Most people still went with specific class types. I went mage so obviously I wanted to grind those skills. The further I got the less I was inclined to switch training for dual wield mele for example.

Your making a mistake leaving bro but i'll bet you will be right back after a week in that game ^.^
Marsha Mallow
#43 - 2014-03-08 00:06:24 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Keep your stuff little peasant and stay for the abuse. There's nothing like eve smack, except at the bus stop. Those other games are full of twitchy little gobbers incapable of dreaming up proper insults anyway! Also please don't attempt to role play deranged without some practice in other subforums - GD is pretty tame tbh.
ps. stuff? fedo?

I might have a Fedo still lying about...

Nope. I must have sold it as soon as we were allowed to sell them. Sorry Marsha. Although... I might have one on an alt...

Well, if you're taking that tone, fine!
All of your alt fedos, gimmeh [mine seem to be near Jita and I never get to play with them, blub].
I have no idea what game you are babbling on about, but when you've finished prancing about there, don't forget you can always come crawling back. Nobody will giggle.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#44 - 2014-03-08 00:11:31 UTC
Th3 Arbit3r wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I think too many devs look at WoW for guidance with good cause.

But isn't ESO just a WOW clone? That's the impression I got from the presentation thing they did.

I don't think so. I think that, much like Eve, there is a greater flexibility in character development. I love the fact that there is not a "tank" class or a "healer" class. I suppose it's only a matter of time until the min/maxers come along and ruin the game with their, "You need X, Y, and Z to be successful at anything", horseshit. My thoughts are that so long as Zenimax stays true to the spirit of the franchise everything will be okay. Smile

I played beta after hearing the devs say there will none of that "quest to npc to quest to npc" ****. And guess what it turned out to be the biggest quest grind ever.

Fishing, with no point to it and as for the class thing. Most people still went with specific class types. I went mage so obviously I wanted to grind those skills. The further I got the less I was inclined to switch training for dual wield mele for example.

Your making a mistake leaving bro but i'll bet you will be right back after a week in that game ^.^

My experience was much different than yours I guess. I found myself getting lost and enjoying the fact that I was getting lost. You could grind quests like a super uber questy guy if you so chose but I had more fun just poking around all over the place, popping open chests, collecting crafting crap, and finding new and interesting stuff. If you're only interest is getting to the maximum level in as few hours as possible, questing is surely the way to go. If, however, you're in no rush to be the super badass ***** on wheels, uber asskicker from hell, it is anything but what you're describing.

As I stated, I may be back. I do not dismiss that idea at all. But it would be irresponsible of me to hate on a game before it even launches and not, as a long time fan of the franchise, participate and contribute to this latest endeavor.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Mag's
Azn Empire
#45 - 2014-03-08 00:21:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Well Kimmi as the holder of your stuff already, one will not be asking for it. But one does respect your decision, even though you suck for making it. (In a respectful way ofc)

This week, I be mostly wearing a Rabbit.

Oh and I will help if I can, but you still suck respectfully.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#46 - 2014-03-08 00:25:43 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Well Kimmi as the holder of your stuff already, one will not be asking for it. But one does respect your decision, even though you suck for making it. (In a respectful way ofc)

Damn you Mag's!!! GImme back m'cosies!!!!!!!!

Ralen Zateki
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-03-08 00:28:07 UTC
Sorry to see you go. Can I has your stuff?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#48 - 2014-03-08 00:28:10 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Damn you Mag's!!! GImme back m'cosies!!!!!!!!
As Nanny Plum would say..."errrrrrrrrrr, no!"

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#49 - 2014-03-08 00:31:21 UTC
I am trained in Caldari, Kimmi.

*sigh*

GrrKimmi.

Twisted

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#50 - 2014-03-08 00:34:29 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Bethesda has nothing to do with ESO, so I don't think the game will affect the rest of the franchise too much.

Meh, I always put Elder Scrolls and beth together.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#51 - 2014-03-08 00:35:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
I feel most sorry for Jeff.

Now whenever he posts in the forum, people will try to call him by a name that even he has difficulty with.

Ah who am I kidding, I feel most sorry for me. Potatoes have feeling too.

Clearly unlike those UsedToBePotatoesWillBeAgainOneDayWhenTheyComeBackInFromTheCold-Caldari.

Anyway, GL and don't be away too long.

UAE will only be half complete while you're not here.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#52 - 2014-03-08 00:41:29 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I feel most sorry for Jeff.

Now whenever he posts in the forum, people will try to call him by a name that even he has difficulty with.

Ah who am I kidding, I feel most sorry for me. Potatoes have feeling too.

Clearly unlike those UsedToBePotatoesWillBeAgainOneDayWhenTheyComeBackInFromTheCold-Caldari.

Anyway, GL and don't be away too long.

Maybe I can get Jeff to come play ESO...

Lol

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#53 - 2014-03-08 00:47:12 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Ok so the Golem and a bunch of ordinance went to Batelle. I hope he trains Caldari instead of just selling it. Though I doubt it since it's not a potato!!!! Lol

Well, i can fly most of the dinosaur/bird ships. But I'm missing BS5. It'll be good to have a reason to train it. My rattler will appreciate it too.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#54 - 2014-03-08 01:02:10 UTC
I'm still on the fence for ESO.

I really want it to be a great game, but I think I'll wait a bit until the hype cools off and see what's up then.

Either way, I'll still be playing this game. Lots of room for more than one game at a time in my so called life. I'm glad to see you are not dumping your characters, Kimmi. That would be a mistake, in my opinion.

Mr Epeen Cool
stoicfaux
#55 - 2014-03-08 03:12:26 UTC
=/

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ramone Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2014-03-08 03:57:52 UTC
The worst crime that ESO has committed that you people are forgetting is the settings of each of the continents/individual areas.

Cyrodiil was supposed to be a sprawling tropical jungle with forests and mountains, sprawling rivers and a big valley in the middle. It was many things and was at heart diverse.

Then ESO came along and decided that was too interesting (or hard to recreate, who knows). They decided it was more suitable that it was a generic medieval location. To make it worse, all references to Cyrodiil from the books in the previous games were simply translated wrong, it was a "transcription error".

The Summerset Isles were widely renowned to have glass architecture, that is, whole cities made of glass.
"a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lie draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

THEN ESO CAME ALONG AND DECIDED GLASS IS TOO INTERESTING. NOPE, YOU GET MORE GENERIC MEDIEVAL SETTINGS.

AND DONT EVEN ASK ABOUT THE ALLIANCES THAT THE RACES HAVE FORMED.

OR HOW THERES A 26 YEAR OLD ELF COMMANDER IN THE ALTMER

JUST DONT
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#57 - 2014-03-08 05:12:16 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Alas, its true. Her departure will rend my soul in twain.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Previous page123