These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

I need a volunteer...

Author
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#21 - 2014-03-07 20:34:20 UTC
ESO will likely kill the franchise I think.

I may be wrong but I just cant see this ending well for the Elder Scrolls brand. I think that its just a way of grabbing as much cash as fast as possible over the success of the last few years. And then likely jump ship.

Its why im 100% glad that the rumor of a Fallout MMO was never proven, I can only hope that it stays to its roots, hell you never know, if Wasteland 2 turns out as good as it currently seems they might look at a Fallout Tactics 2 again. I was gutted when they axed that.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#22 - 2014-03-07 20:36:11 UTC
Bethesda has nothing to do with ESO, so I don't think the game will affect the rest of the franchise too much.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-03-07 20:39:01 UTC
Something was missing in this thread.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#24 - 2014-03-07 20:41:17 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I'm unsubbing.

*sigh*

I'm going to miss you.

o7.

Remove standings and insurance.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#25 - 2014-03-07 21:47:04 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I think too many devs look at WoW for guidance with good cause.

But isn't ESO just a WOW clone? That's the impression I got from the presentation thing they did.

I don't think so. I think that, much like Eve, there is a greater flexibility in character development. I love the fact that there is not a "tank" class or a "healer" class. I suppose it's only a matter of time until the min/maxers come along and ruin the game with their, "You need X, Y, and Z to be successful at anything", horseshit. My thoughts are that so long as Zenimax stays true to the spirit of the franchise everything will be okay. Smile

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#26 - 2014-03-07 21:50:23 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Batelle wrote:
you have my whatever

You're going to need to learn to fly Caldari- you potato-driving jackass!!

Banana?
Your Dad Naked
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-03-07 21:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Your Dad Naked
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Tollen Gallen wrote:
ESO brings nothing new to rinse repeat MMO's

I like Cheese.

I think they are trying some new things and are taking some risks that I find very interesting. I've been a fan of the franchise for some time and am excited to see the MMO translation. I think too many devs look at WoW for guidance with good cause. It is, after all, the most successful MMO ever. This has caused the development of way too many clones and I don't like clones (they're creepy and cost too much once you have a lot of SP). But I played the beta this past weekend and was more than impressed with the direction they're going.

ESO on release? What?

They are doing everything in their power to nickle and dime customers. The whole Imperial class fiasco really establishes this point. As neat as the game may seem, I think the principles need to speak louder this time. They are Call of Dutying, World of Warcrafting, Battlefielding and Sim Citying the Elder Scrolls franchise all at once.

If us Elder Scrolls fans can just keep from buying the game for a few months, we can send a clear message that we won't take this kind of crap. If we just fork up the cash like idiots... well, we'll be paying another $80 next year again I promise.

Okay, that's my rant for today.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#28 - 2014-03-07 22:07:19 UTC
Your Dad Naked wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Tollen Gallen wrote:
ESO brings nothing new to rinse repeat MMO's

I like Cheese.

I think they are trying some new things and are taking some risks that I find very interesting. I've been a fan of the franchise for some time and am excited to see the MMO translation. I think too many devs look at WoW for guidance with good cause. It is, after all, the most successful MMO ever. This has caused the development of way too many clones and I don't like clones (they're creepy and cost too much once you have a lot of SP). But I played the beta this past weekend and was more than impressed with the direction they're going.

ESO on release? What?

They are doing everything in their power to nickle and dime customers. The whole Imperial class fiasco really establishes this point. As neat as the game may seem, I think the principles need to speak louder this time. They are Call of Dutying, World of Warcrafting, Battlefielding and Sim Citying the Elder Scrolls franchise all at once.

If us Elder Scrolls fans can just keep from buying the game for a few months, we can send a clear message that we won't take this kind of crap. If we just fork up the cash like idiots... well, we'll be paying another $80 next year again I promise.

Okay, that's my rant for today.

I've seen a lot of this kind of thing lately. Seriously Dad? How dare this company make money? I am sending a clear message that I like the direction I see things going and that I want to see frequent and intelligent content enhancements. I still remember when RIFT went F2P - there has not been an expansion since, unless you count additions to the cash shop and a new crafting skill designed for the sole purpose of making crap for player owned dimension.

If you want to play an an Imperial buy the CE. It has nothing to do with fairness. It rewards people that choose to make a greater investment in the game and a greater investment in future content.

Also, put some ******* clothes on Dad! You're freaking everyone out!

unidenify
Deaf Armada
#29 - 2014-03-07 22:13:24 UTC
Xylem Viliana wrote:
ESO will likely kill the franchise I think.

I may be wrong but I just cant see this ending well for the Elder Scrolls brand. I think that its just a way of grabbing as much cash as fast as possible over the success of the last few years. And then likely jump ship.

Its why im 100% glad that the rumor of a Fallout MMO was never proven, I can only hope that it stays to its roots, hell you never know, if Wasteland 2 turns out as good as it currently seems they might look at a Fallout Tactics 2 again. I was gutted when they axed that.

there are for sure rumor about next fallout in Boston however, recent website is fake for sure. but part about Boston is real
Ramone Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-03-07 22:45:04 UTC
There's not enough transcription errors in this thread
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#31 - 2014-03-07 23:02:44 UTC
Hmm... if it's a monkey you need, then I can be your monkey.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Victor Andall
#32 - 2014-03-07 23:05:07 UTC
Bummer to see you go.

I actually played a bit of the beta and was pleasantly surprised. But after SWTOR I think I'll wait for some reviews to come in first.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#33 - 2014-03-07 23:05:51 UTC
If true, much sad.

It's still early for me so I'll assume it's just a joke and my weekend is not ruined. Will be out killing whoever I see all weekend if it is true (and might even do some in game too).
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#34 - 2014-03-07 23:12:19 UTC
I checked Angry Joe's first impression on PVP and I do have to say... ESO looks tempting. But I don't think it would capture me for long. I'm more afraid I'll be AFK next week playing Dark Souls II. Speaking of which...

...I need a volunteer, but I can't tell you what it's for.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-03-07 23:21:30 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
I checked Angry Joe's first impression on PVP and I do have to say... ESO looks tempting. But I don't think it would capture me for long. I'm more afraid I'll be AFK next week playing Dark Souls II. Speaking of which...

...I need a volunteer, but I can't tell you what it's for.
If it's DS II related, I may be up for it.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#36 - 2014-03-07 23:35:14 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Keep your stuff little peasant and stay for the abuse. There's nothing like eve smack, except at the bus stop. Those other games are full of twitchy little gobbers incapable of dreaming up proper insults anyway! Also please don't attempt to role play deranged without some practice in other subforums - GD is pretty tame tbh.

ps. stuff? fedo?

I might have a Fedo still lying about...

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#37 - 2014-03-07 23:38:16 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Keep your stuff little peasant and stay for the abuse. There's nothing like eve smack, except at the bus stop. Those other games are full of twitchy little gobbers incapable of dreaming up proper insults anyway! Also please don't attempt to role play deranged without some practice in other subforums - GD is pretty tame tbh.

ps. stuff? fedo?

I might have a Fedo still lying about...

Nope. I must have sold it as soon as we were allowed to sell them. Sorry Marsha. Although... I might have one on an alt...

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#38 - 2014-03-07 23:39:42 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
...but I can't tell you what it's for.

Anyone?

Your corp name reminds me of that movie Sex Drive, where they were going to drink Purple while their friend was getting the rolling brown out in the next room. Blink
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#39 - 2014-03-07 23:47:05 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Bethesda has nothing to do with ESO, so I don't think the game will affect the rest of the franchise too much.

Bad reputation spreads, festers and finally kills. True ES fans need to boycott. As was brought up in the OOPE thread, I would rather ES developers, Bethesda or whoever, create a true 2-4 player engine and leave it at that.

Baltec won the forums as Alt said....then Alt tied it up with his string of responses.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#40 - 2014-03-07 23:48:15 UTC
Ok so the Golem and a bunch of ordinance went to Batelle. I hope he trains Caldari instead of just selling it. Though I doubt it since it's not a potato!!!! Lol

The rest of the stuff is getting donated to DJ LMP at Eve Radio. Maybe he can use it for promotional items and prizes in silly contests. Lol

I would also encourage people to listen to Eve Radio and join the in-game channel. Lots of fun there.

Previous page123Next page