These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible Deployment Information

First post
Author
loyalslave Askold
Doomheim
#181 - 2011-11-29 00:42:48 UTC
sorry if anyone has already posted it but:

the expanded probe launcher II is missing in the modules list
Issac Kaine
Hyperflux Industries
Almost Broken
#182 - 2011-11-29 01:00:28 UTC
13 days skill in the oven cooking just incase!!!!!!!! P
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#183 - 2011-11-29 01:33:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Wacktopia
#It's the most wonderful time of the year#

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Kishin Hattori
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#184 - 2011-11-29 01:39:58 UTC
"The rate of fire penalty has been removed from all destroyers.
For all destroyers the shield and armor have been increased by 10%, capacitor capacity has been increased by 25% and signature radius decreased by 25%."

WHAT THE FIRETRUCK?!
Sarmatiko
#185 - 2011-11-29 01:42:03 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
It's an old test ship that snuck into the list by accident. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain please Smile

Caldari frigate 2 aka Condor remodeled prototype also snuck on Tranquility with this patch.
It's so secret and unnoticeable that even devs forgot to exclude it from release? Smile
Winston Brunai
The Clan of El-Shaddai
#186 - 2011-11-29 02:03:20 UTC
OopsOkay.. I have got to say this! I do not post to forums often but when I read the naga page and it stated that the ship would be able to use missiles. And then I read the patch notes have them missing, what the heck is going on CCP is this how you keep promises and restore trust? I hope someone reads this because i'm sure that more people feel this way, it's not a matter of the torps its about keeping consistent. Explain why you do things the way you do when you do them this is a BIG change to the naga it deserves more elaboration. Granted explaining every little change to the game would take too long but the big ones YES.

Winston

FYI ~ The ship page for the naga still reads that it can fire torps if it 's not going to be able you should change that or you will have a ton of very confused new players!

Thanks for a great game!!! ~~~~ Now Don't Ruin It
Sarmatiko
#187 - 2011-11-29 02:22:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Winston Brunai wrote:
I hope someone reads this because i'm sure that more people feel this way, it's not a matter of the torps its about keeping consistent. Explain why you do things the way you do when you do them this is a BIG change to the naga it deserves more elaboration. Granted explaining every little change to the game would take too long but the big ones YES.

You know that all new tier 3 battlecruisers were designed with PVP in mind, right?
You know that torpedoes are useless on ~25 km range when dealing with turret-equipped counterparts right?
You know that we have already Drake, that is in fact one HUGE unbalanced problem for EVE PVP and there is no reason to make another Drake, especially for happy carebearing on missions.

Please read Test server discussion forums so there will be no surprises for you next time.

ps: now you have good chance to train Gunnery. Try it once and you never come back to missiles P
Tas Nok
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#188 - 2011-11-29 02:24:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tas Nok
Winston Brunai wrote:
Explain why you do things the way you do when you do them this is a BIG change to the naga it deserves more elaboration. Granted explaining every little change to the game would take too long but the big ones YES.

Winston

FYI ~ The ship page for the naga still reads that it can fire torps if it 's not going to be able you should change that or you will have a ton of very confused new players!

Thanks for a great game!!! ~~~~ Now Don't Ruin It

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=358849#post358849
Was posted 2 weeks ago, and anyone who's been to sisi and/or talked about the changes is not surprised.

I personally liked the torpNaga, but its role would have been limited to POS bashing and ganks, because in pvp/pve, it was not going to survive very long.
Winston Brunai
The Clan of El-Shaddai
#189 - 2011-11-29 02:42:26 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Winston Brunai wrote:
I hope someone reads this because i'm sure that more people feel this way, it's not a matter of the torps its about keeping consistent. Explain why you do things the way you do when you do them this is a BIG change to the naga it deserves more elaboration. Granted explaining every little change to the game would take too long but the big ones YES.

You know that all new tier 3 battlecruisers were designed with PVP in mind, right?
You know that torpedoes are useless on ~25 km range when dealing with turret-equipped counterparts right?
You know that we have already Drake, that is in fact one HUGE unbalanced problem for EVE PVP and there is no reason to make another Drake, especially for happy carebearing on missions.

Please read Test server discussion forums so there will be no surprises for you next time.

ps: now you have good chance to train Gunnery. Try it once and you never come back to missiles P

Being a Mac user it is hard for me to log into the test server .. So I never thought to read those forums yes it's role with torpedo's would have been limited. But then it was to be able to fit BOTH rails AND missiles.

Sorry for digging up the past I had no idea this had been addressed in the past ..

Winston
glepp
New Caldari Bureau of Investigation
#190 - 2011-11-29 02:54:56 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

Archetype 66 wrote:
SURPRISE....Lol

"Launching a warp disrupt probe should will give you aggression and prevent you from docking or jumping."

Code for this fix actually went in in early 2009, but the stat changes necessary to activate it "fell down the back of the sofa"; we found them again by accident last month and moved them into the Crucible release. We'll keep an eye on this and see where it ends up taking us balance-wise.

What did your internal sisi testing show on this?

What was the reasoning behind putting in this massive change for a very specialized shipclass?

I suspect it was along the lines of "Oh, snap. We found some old code here that we forgot to implement at one point. Quick, to the code-mobile!" Please tell me I'm wrong and you actually thought this out.

Seriously, this will screw dictor pilots over completely and change nullsec pvp mechanics significantly. Dictors are already dying like flies, and you just took away their one way of surviving through skill.
Celebris Nexterra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#191 - 2011-11-29 03:02:51 UTC
Moar patch notes = better patch notes. Ignore the TL;DR whiners.

If the patch deployment goes smoothly (I won't be around to see it because I'll be in class), then CCP has officially won me back. Incarna was terrible, but the ******* compromises that have been reached between CCP and the players in the forums (and what ended up in the patch notes) is insanely ******* awesome. And only in EVE do you see it.

Best game ever.
Qartie
Goods and services
#192 - 2011-11-29 03:08:18 UTC
А какой размер патча?
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#193 - 2011-11-29 03:14:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
Victor Valka wrote:
Patch Notes wrote:
Modules
[...]
Cloaked ships will no longer decloaking other cloaked ships.
[...]

And bombs were had by all! Twisted

Happy day! This is the best thing to happen to covert ops since ever! No more decloaking each other on warp! Now if only Blops could get the needed boosts, things would be just about perfect. Oh, and get rid of no effort instant local intel. Delayed local ftw.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Daneirkus Auralex
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#194 - 2011-11-29 03:31:08 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

CCP you have got to be kidding me? It will no longer be possible to lock windows in place when pinned? Well thats a joke. Almost unsubbed. Admittedly im a bit anal about my window layout but in all honesty accidently dragging windows over the screen is going to make me rage my ******* **** off. For real.

Unfix what you think you fixed and return that immediately. I had absolutely NON of the problems you say you have fixed there....

EDIT - Ok i see you say that you are working on it, PLEASE make sure you are working on it because the UI layout has been getting a kick in the teeth (or two) for the last couple of expansions to accommodate some 'feature'.

Whine, troll, whine, troll... Reading these forums is almost as good as reading tears. More rage posts like this, please.
electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2011-11-29 03:34:48 UTC
Quote:
•Window settings on Tranquility have been reset as part of the changes to UI and UI scaling. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this will cause to saved windows.

NOOOOooooooooo.......

Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!

Vjorn Angannon
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#196 - 2011-11-29 03:45:12 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tercius wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Lots of stuff that was not an answer about W space jump API details

So..... about those W space api changes?

No idea, sorry Smile I wasn't involved in that change (as far as I can remember) so there's really nothing useful I can tell you about it.

Ok, fair enuf....so would you please get the dev responsible and bring him here to answer the question??
Floydd Heywood
Doomheim
#197 - 2011-11-29 04:04:55 UTC
Whoever made the change to wormhole API clearly understands w-space. I like it :)

This will give additional advantage to people who do their homework: gather intel, scan everything, guard your entrances, look for new sigs constantly. People who just look at jump stats and don't go ratting if they see any unaccounted for jumps will now have to get their lazy asses moving or rat anyway and then will be easier to find and gank.

This is well in line with the overall trajectory of Crucible: Make EVE darker, meaner, more dangerous Twisted
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#198 - 2011-11-29 04:14:07 UTC
Quote:
City lights on temperate planets no longer render on top of the ocean.

What...NOOooooooo

I liked the idea that cities had been built over the oceans...Its the future, why couldn't they be. Sad is pink.

Side note, giant patch is giant. I'm excited and anxious to get it.
Sassums
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#199 - 2011-11-29 04:47:06 UTC
The new Tech 3 Battlecruisers.

Why would you put guns on the Caldari version? Caldari are missile boats, why would you waste an entire ship and put hybrids onto the ship? What about those of us that are strictly missile based with our caldari characters? A waste of a new ship.

When are you going to fix the seeding of faction control towers? Instead of fixing it you simply removed it, and haven't said a word edgewise since.

When are you going to fix the ECM bonus to Magnatar WH systems? Instead of fixing it, you simply removed it, and haven't said a word edgewise since.

Seems to be a pattern here.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#200 - 2011-11-29 05:36:56 UTC
Winston Brunai wrote:
...endless whining about no missiles on Caldari Tier 3 BC deleted...

Sassums wrote:
...endless whining about no missiles on Caldari Tier 3 BC deleted...

Sarmatiko wrote:

This.