These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Campaign who are you voting for?

First post
Author
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#81 - 2014-03-07 11:28:17 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
What percentage of subscribed players voted in the last election?

more than any previous, due to the ongoing success of the csm
Tronjay the'3rd
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2014-03-07 13:37:52 UTC
I'll vote for everyone who is not CFC.

Anyway, CSM was a farce past few years.

兵者,詭道也。故能而示之不能,用而示之不用,近而示之遠,遠而示之近

**Sun Tzu **©

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-03-07 15:55:14 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
p.s.
Its time for regional representation on the CSM CCP, with 72% of people living in hisec CSM seats should be reserved for 3-4 hisec candidates.

Not doing so just re-enforces the sham nature of the CSM IMHO.

F

Malcanis wrote:

Such a system would be ridiculously easy to game with alts, and incredibly difficult to administer. It's a bad idea that has been comprehensively discredited, and you should feel bad for still wanting it.

Well as it is I just can't swallow the sham and faux-democracy nature of a player-elected CSM that espouses to represent all of New Eden, while ultimately just consolidating power for nullsec blocs.

You see, my math was wrong, at 72% of hisec population -- 10 of the 14 current spots should actually be reserved for people who live in hisec...

...for its in that disparity between repeated nullsec dominance on the CSM and actual population density that the CSM is revealed as the sham faux-democracy it is.

Given this disparity, why should anyone outside of nullsec give a flying f#ck about the CSM?
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2014-03-07 16:11:19 UTC
I'll vote for whomever my alliance tells me to vote for.

Democracy, **** yeah.

Don Aubaris
#85 - 2014-03-07 16:36:28 UTC
I find it very un-Eve like that I cannot put my vote in a contract going to the highest bidder. Blink

After all CSM has almost all the letters of SCAM. Seems only right we make a buck on it Big smile
Herbinator d'Arcadie
Arkadian Knight
#86 - 2014-03-07 17:16:46 UTC
Well, I completed my first pass through 34 CSM9 candidates. Even though it was a cursory first pass the going was hard and daunting. So many people, so many views, so many attitudes. It struck me quite early on though that I could identify with very very few of the candidates.

Many candidates didn't want me to identify with them. They explicitly represented a single clique to which I do not identify. Which, in a democracy, is a valid position. Not really helpful to Capsuleers wishing to explore the wider aspects of the Eve Universe.

The usual joke candidates. As per usual wasting my time and limited energy. Worthy of a slight smile, then two to the heart and one to the head.

Capsuleer candidates who have been around too long. Their sandbox has turned into a steel cage; immutable. It's a sandbox, yes, if you play their way with their objectives. And if you like their silly distractions.

Some of the candidates have a long history of being elaborately wordy or chatty. TL;DR.

Of course, the odd idiot candidate. The virtual world can do terrible things to a human being. Sad to see.

So this is my watch list. Later, I'll go through the whole shebang again for additions and deletions. Hopefully these Capsuleer CSM Candidates see the Eve Universe as a tree, growing over time, into an arboreal beauty with just a few harsh, hardening Winters to mature its character ... as opposed to a conical spire, pointy, rising high.

If the vote was held today:

Sugar Kyle

Ali Aras

Mike Azariah

Roland Cassidy

Matias Otero

Asayanami Dei

Psianh Auvyander

Draleth

Azami Nevinyrall

Lisara Khatam

I have attached no comments to them other than their announcement link. Form your own opinions.

"Block" pigs. Refuse to fly with them.

Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#87 - 2014-03-07 20:42:50 UTC
Entirely appropriate to be pissed off about a group of players that volunteer their time to try to shape a hobby.

Are they evasive because they signed an NDA? Yeah, I also think that sucks. Transparency would make them seem less like aloof jerks, even when they can't help it.

Are they trying to screw you? Mostly no. Mostly they want the same thing you want; A better way to fritter away their pointless existense.

If you care enough to ***** about a CSM on the Eve Forums, then you should have enough free time to figure out what value they add to EvE; which is input based on whatever their playstyle is on EvE's future.

You think these guys wander around town saying 'I'm EvE famous,' at the bar to pick up women?

Please also be the guy that doesn't vote and then wonders why your property tax went up on a narrowly approved bill.

-End Rant-

Also, yes - some of the CSMs are probably ###hats.
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#88 - 2014-03-07 20:58:39 UTC
vote for me sometimes.

I will bring the mangus to all of you.

yes

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#89 - 2014-03-07 22:04:44 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:

Please also be the guy that doesn't vote and then wonders why your property tax went up on a narrowly approved bill.

This as always.

Vote or you have no right to complain about them doing it wrong ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2014-03-07 22:24:19 UTC
Sugar Kyle for CSM.
Lowsec pirates need love, too. And Kyle will make sure we get it.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#91 - 2014-03-08 02:13:27 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Sugar Kyle for CSM.

I would also add a vote for DJ Funkybacon to that list as well, man knows his **** and if we're really lucky both of them get in and we get twice the representation.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#92 - 2014-03-10 07:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Katherine Devonshire
Malcanis wrote:
Doesn't vote

Won't run

Is bitter about being unrepresented

:You:

Does not care enough to vote.

Does not care enough to run.

Does not care what yet another nullsec alliance flack thinks.

:Me:
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#93 - 2014-03-10 07:53:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
I have no interest in the null blocs concerns or opinions, so much so that I think this thread should be in another section of the forums.
Josef Djugashvilis
#94 - 2014-03-10 08:00:16 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Sugar Kyle for CSM.

This is what is wrong with the CSM, folk pushing an agenda for their particular interest rather than the game as a holistic entity.

This is not a signature.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#95 - 2014-03-10 08:00:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
p.s.
Its time for regional representation on the CSM CCP, with 72% of people living in hisec CSM seats should be reserved for 3-4 hisec candidates.

Not doing so just re-enforces the sham nature of the CSM IMHO.

F

Malcanis wrote:

Such a system would be ridiculously easy to game with alts, and incredibly difficult to administer. It's a bad idea that has been comprehensively discredited, and you should feel bad for still wanting it.

Well as it is I just can't swallow the sham and faux-democracy nature of a player-elected CSM that espouses to represent all of New Eden, while ultimately just consolidating power for nullsec blocs.

You see, my math was wrong, at 72% of hisec population -- 10 of the 14 current spots should actually be reserved for people who live in hisec...

...for its in that disparity between repeated nullsec dominance on the CSM and actual population density that the CSM is revealed as the sham faux-democracy it is.

Given this disparity, why should anyone outside of nullsec give a flying f#ck about the CSM?

Leaving aside that a very significant fraction of that 72% are the alts of nullsec players...

What do you think would be gained by "reserving" 10 seats? The CSM does not operate by internal votes. We operate by providing advice, opinions, warnings. It only takes one guy to make a good point. The CSM almost never makes sec-based arguments; it's more about areas of expertise. Mynnna isn't "the goon guy" on the CSM: he's the industry guy. Ali Aras isn't "the merc guy" on the CSM: she's the new player guy. And so on. When CCP discuss a concept with us, Mynnna will usually be the one to comment on industry/:maths: issues, Ali will typically raise concerns or opportunities re: newer players, Progod or Sort will comment on the big fleet fight perspective, and so on. Not all of us have something to say about every issue. We do not operate by taking a vote on a normal gameplay issue and then presenting the CSM's opinion on it as a monolithic bloc.

Diversity of expertise is far, far more relevant than sec affiliation. Whatever sec affiliation even means in a game where alts are so prevelant, fast travel is so easy and there are no limits to crossing borders. I have 2 characters in 0.0, 1 in lo and 3 in hi-sec. Numerically, I'm a hi-sec player.

PS: "Hi-sec" doesn't get much representation on the CSM because, to a first approximation, you don't bother to run any candidates and you don't bother voting. Sorry, you're gonna have to do some work.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#96 - 2014-03-10 08:13:33 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Sugar Kyle for CSM.

This is what is wrong with the CSM, folk pushing an agenda for their particular interest rather than the game as a holistic entity.

If Sugar thinks she's going to "push agendas", she's in for something of a disappointment. CCP give very little weight to CSM "pet projects". The nearest she's going to get to doing that is to highlight and comment on popular issues that match her "agenda".

However, I will definitely state that CSM8 suffered somewwhat this year, because we lacked a good, experienced lo-sec perspective.

Incidentally: That's why this stupid idea of "reserved seats" is such a bad one. The CSM doesn't need 1 experienced guy and 9 placeholders to "protect" hi-sec. Those 9 placeholders are not only useless and irrelevent, they're each taking a place that could be held by someone who could provide expertise on small ship combat or W-space or exporation or POS or... any number of gameplay areas that affect players in every part of the map.

The CSM as a whole needs to be as holistic entity as possible, but it's not reasonable to expect every CSM to be a passionate expert on every area of the game. Every player cares most about the stuff that they do.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#97 - 2014-03-10 08:15:55 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Leaving aside that a very significant fraction of that 72% are the alts of nullsec players...

Oh do tell... what exactly is that fraction? Do you have a number? Or perhaps just a good guess? Or... wait, I know... we should simply take your word on it without question?

But let us head off to fantasy land for a moment and assume that you know what you are talking about. Let us even be so generous as to say that fully half of every the entire dirty hisec peasantry are, in fact, just alts of your glorious nullsec master race. Let us do some quick math, let me see... 72% divided by 2... 31% Nearly one third of all New Eden.

Tell me, are one third of the CSM candidates offering to represent hisec interests? Or should we just be so grateful for your infinitely wise & benign leadership that we should happily vote for our nullsec overlords lobbyists because even though your goal is pretty much to shove it up our hisec sphincters at every opportunity that you really do it because you actually love us, it is for our own good and it has nothing to do with trying to force us all into moving out to nullsec and becoming your latest patch of indentured servants who's only purpose is to feed you free ISK and stroke your egos all day? And those of us who refuse to bend our knees to you should simply remain quiet & suck it up or quit EvE entirely, correct?

Be careful what you wish for, because it just may happen. You will either turn hisec into an empty wasteland, and CCP's offices not far behind due to lost subscriptions, or you will flood your ranks with bitter, former hisec players who are all just waiting for the chance to AWOX you & your precious Alliances at every turn.

The reality is that you should be very, very grateful that the hisec population has little interest in CSM affairs & would rather just be left alone to do our thing in peace. Because if we did care as much as you keep saying we should then it would not end well for you & your kind.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#98 - 2014-03-10 08:18:05 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Sugar Kyle for CSM.

Yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves, representing the people who voted for them. Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#99 - 2014-03-10 08:25:31 UTC
Lady Katherine Devonshire wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Oh do tell... what exactly is that fraction? Do you have a number? Or perhaps just a good guess? Or... wait, I know... we should simply take your word on it without question?

But let us head off to fantasy land for a moment and assume that you know what you are talking about. Let us even be so generous as to say that fully half of every the entire dirty hisec peasantry are, in fact, just alts of your glorious nullsec master race. Let us do some quick math, let me see... 72% divided by 2... 31% Nearly one third of all New Eden.

Tell me, are one third of the CSM candidates offering to represent hisec interests? Or should we just be so grateful for your infinitely wise & benign leadership that we should happily vote for our nullsec overlords lobbyists because even though your goal is pretty much to shove it up our hisec sphincters at every opportunity that you really do it because you actually love us, it is for our own good and it has nothing to do with trying to force us all into moving out to nullsec and becoming your latest patch of indentured servants who's only purpose is to feed you free ISK and stroke your egos all day? And those of us who refuse to bend our knees to you should simply remain quiet & suck it up or quit EvE entirely, correct?

Be careful what you wish for, because it just may happen. You will either turn hisec into an empty wasteland, and CCP's offices not far behind due to lost subscriptions, or you will flood your ranks with bitter, former hisec players who are all just waiting for the chance to AWOX you & your precious Alliances at every turn.

The reality is that you should be very, very grateful that the hisec population has little interest in CSM affairs & would rather just be left alone to do our thing in peace. Because if we did care as much as you keep saying we should then it would not end well for you & your kind.

Why is it that highsec apologists can't have a discussion without bringing out the tired old "We'll quit and the game will die!" and "you're just trying to force me out of highsec" cards?

What is wrong with you that you so immediately try to hold other people's gameplay hostage to protect your own from any kind of change that isn't in your favor? Is every last one of you so intellectually dishonest, are you all that transparently selfish? Or do you just not actually have a coherent argument, so you trot out the same arthritic old one every time?

Oh, and btw. Malcanis mentioned it above, but I'd like to address it myself.

The reason you don't have much representation on the CSM is because you sorry fucks don't bother voting. It doesn't surprise me though, considering that quite a lot of you are, as he mentioned, alts, or you barely qualify as "players" in the first place. How freaking many of you are outright botters or afk farmers anyway? That's hardly the kind of player I would expect to sit up and pay enough attention to actually do something.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#100 - 2014-03-10 08:33:16 UTC
Lady Katherine Devonshire wrote:

But let us head off to fantasy land for a moment and assume that you ...

Sometimes there's a fine line between appearing to be passionate about an issue (and you are despite your earlier claim to not care) and coming across as a wanker.

It seems to me your on the wanker side of the line.

Why not tone it down and take the personal stuff out of it and just argue facts?