These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Mittani for CSM

First post
Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2014-03-07 08:46:11 UTC
Kinis Deren wrote:
Sorry son, but you aren't going to stop me doing anything.

Here, let me spray some WD40 on your up tight nuts: Encouraging other players to grief another player in game in the hope that the victim actually commited suicide IRL, is cyberbullying. It doesn't matter what medium that encouragement was delivered in, the fact that Mittens was goading other players to carry out in game actions in the hope of achieving said outcome is cyberbullying by proxy.

Mittens is a proven cyberbully.

In those immortal words as used by Mittens the day after his notorious Alliance panel broadcast:

~deal with it~

It's more amusing that so many Angry Impotent Pubbie Nobodies are stuck to an incident that happened two years ago and was resolved

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2014-03-07 08:51:05 UTC
Basically if he were to run he'd inevitably be elected and there's not a damn thing you'd be able to do about it beyond post more tears on the forums. Whether CCP would clear him to run is another question, but he wouldn't run without clearing it with CCP beforehand, so if he ever did post that he was running, you'd be unable to effect anything there (or anything at all)

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#23 - 2014-03-07 09:01:01 UTC
I seem to have struck a nerve. Twisted

Andski wrote:
so if he ever did post that he was running, you'd be unable to effect anything there (or anything at all)

And this is the real source of the butthurt. Boo hoo, someone else bothered to make enough friends that they can do anything they want in the game. It's so unfair that I suck at making enough friends to do the same.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

GOTBOT
U.S. Robots and Mechanical Men
#24 - 2014-03-07 09:06:56 UTC
I vote for a lifetime membership CSM & place in Board of directors CCP.

/then I do not see a new drone bonuses worm/

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2014-03-07 09:09:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
I mean sure one could mount a campaign to pile on a huge number of votes on other candidates to ensure that he isn't elected, or at least ensure that he doesn't get into one of the top two seats, but the chances of anybody getting the huge number of unmotivated non-voters in the playerbase to actually be interested in the CSM is slim to none

But discussing it is pointless in any case because Mittens has publicly stated that he has no intention of running for the CSM. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that he runs a gaming media company and that the NDA would in no small way conflict with that, and his leverage in CSM 6 was through his Rolodex full of media contacts in any case.

Reiisha
#26 - 2014-03-07 09:10:11 UTC
So you've got a personality cult, a hater group and the people caught in between. The power of persuasion is strong in some people, apparently. Reminds me of certain situations from the past 100 years.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2014-03-07 09:13:42 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
So you've got a personality cult, a hater group and the people caught in between. The power of persuasion is strong in some people, apparently. Reminds me of certain situations from the past 100 years.

if you're trying to steer this towards godwinning just stop

Eyrun Mangeiri
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-03-07 09:19:52 UTC
As a new player, what can the Mittani do for me and why should I vote (and will I even have the right to vote)?

I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn they will be gone - whispering their hidden song.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-03-07 09:20:06 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Kinis Deren wrote:
No. A proven cyberbully is an extremely poor choice as a player representative. This is especially true in Mitten's case since he was in CSM office when said EULA breaking action took place.

It is irrelevant whether the failed lawyer is on the CSM or not. His influence is manifested through the who know how many null sec cartel reps goons place on the CSM. Further, as Ripard Teg, a current CSM member, stated in his blog, the failed lawyer uses his own back channels, apparently on a near daily basis, to give dev's his opinion about the direction of the game.

Oh, and ISD, this is not hearsay. When a sitting CSM member states it in his blog, I kinda think it is accurate.

It's RIPARD TEG. Give me a ******* break.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2014-03-07 09:20:56 UTC
That's like saying "my district representative said it so it must be true."

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#31 - 2014-03-07 09:23:44 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
That's like saying "my district representative said it so it must be true."

I almost wish Dinsdale had tried to make an appeal to one of the immeasurably stupid things Trebor has ever said.

Oh, and I checked Jester's Trek, (Ripard's blog), and I was right, EVE is still dying. We have to give teh newbs moar stuff guyz, or they will quit and EVE won't be able to go on anymore.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Inari Visas
Aliastra
#32 - 2014-03-07 09:41:20 UTC
Regardless of what The Mittani did or is doing, I wouldn't want one with an ego of his size to speak for the community. There has to be a conflict of interest somewhere in there.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#33 - 2014-03-07 09:47:05 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Oh, and I checked Jester's Trek, (Ripard's blog), and I was right, EVE is still dying. We have to give teh newbs moar stuff guyz, or they will quit and EVE won't be able to go on anymore.

And that's just the more reasonable end of the spectrum of stuff he says.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-03-07 09:49:40 UTC
Will he bring white and white+pink paint jobs?

Doesn't matter. He and mynnna get my vote anyway. Not sure I care about the rest.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-03-07 09:52:16 UTC
I don't think mittens wants the CSM, and he probably influences Eve more without that burden. That said, if he wanted it, he would have cfc bloc votes among others. He would get the position if he wanted.
Inari Visas
Aliastra
#36 - 2014-03-07 10:06:13 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
I don't think mittens wants the CSM, and he probably influences Eve more without that burden. That said, if he wanted it, he would have cfc bloc votes among others. He would get the position if he wanted.

Didn't he say it before? That he is not interested in running for CSM? I don't think he need it, in any case.
Victor Andall
#37 - 2014-03-07 10:08:50 UTC
Ok, so, uhh...

Is anything stopping him from running for a seat?

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-03-07 10:11:04 UTC
His own decision not to.

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#39 - 2014-03-07 10:11:43 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
I think enough time has passed and Mittens has had plenty of time to think about his one poor choice he made. We should forgive and forget, and have Mittens take his rightful place as CSM chair.

How much did he pay you to say this?
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#40 - 2014-03-07 10:13:09 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
I think enough time has passed and Mittens has had plenty of time to think about his one poor choice he made. We should forgive and forget, and have Mittens take his rightful place as CSM chair.

How much did he pay you to say this?

People have to be paid to want an effective CSM chair?