These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Real War Gains/Consequences and Rebalance

Author
Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-03-06 15:15:27 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
Stuff.

Let's just agree to disagree. I like FW because it is precisely all of the things that you are upset that it isn't. I've been in FW since day 1 when it was really just a free wardec with lots of targets and nothing more. That is why I signed up and why I prefer it over WH space and nullsec. While what you suggest has merit, you are changing FW into something it isn't or hasn't ever been. FW is currently in the best state it has ever been in and I'm mostly happy about it.

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#42 - 2014-03-06 17:51:02 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
OP, you seem to be very passionate about this, and passion is never a bad thing.

So why don't you make an 'open question' topic on GD, something like 'Do you think FW lacks a final goal? If you do, what could the final goal be?'.

You'll get several no's but probably some good ideas too.

Then you could talk with the 'yes' people in-game and create a common proposal to post on F&I, that would already have the 'base' support of a group of people that share your vision.

You'd have better chances of:

1) creating a more solid proposal through teamwork
2) getting CSM's or CCP's attention

Would there be a way of moving this to F&I? I figured initially it would be alright to post this on W&T because it's addressing current W&T problems with FW, and I'd rather not drop all the nice comments on this thread in favor of a new one; I do most of my posting there.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-03-06 17:56:19 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Catherine Laartii wrote:
I guess having not done them it would be presumptuous to assume there's an equivalent armor setup that would work for it. With that in mind, I would present this 80 sensor strength harpy with over 300 base dps to run it.

That's a nice setup, sure. Thing is that we still get jammed multiple times even in our T3s - all of which have 70+ sensor strength. It's definitely a lot cheaper than our normal setups, but with about 60% the DPS.

I've not run them in a Manticore yet, but you can get 80+ sensor strength out of one of those as well. While doing 500+ DPS at 70+km. Oh, and have all the advantages of being able to move around cloaked.

Your harpy would be a disincentive to get bounced during those missions, I have to admit.

True enough; I guess I was trying to exemplify the advantage of having a sig-tanking brawler boat over a bomber; part of the issue with running bombers is despite their nice dps, if you're not particularly good at manual piloting or even if you are, there's always a distinct possibility a lucky alpha strike from a rail gun (or arty if you're doing amarr) will land on your bomber and you'll pop. Brawling with a harpy or merlin is great because you never get alpha'd through your shields, and hitting the targets up close is a LOT of fun; I get a lot more enjoyment out of going toe to toe with the gallente battle flotilla in the mission than kiting at range.

Also, I DO have full tackle + mwd on my harpy setup I use for running caldari missions; damps don't amount to crap if you're that close. So there is also the added advantage of being able to possibly grab and smash someone who comes in to see what's up and they're not particularly friendly.
Rahelis
Doomheim
#44 - 2014-03-06 17:58:52 UTC
The final goal of FW is war - a simple concept. I take what is yours.

Klausewitz made it sound far more complex - with which he was wrong. It is dead simple.

War is mostly and opportunity to make money - in Eve we call it Isk.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#45 - 2014-03-06 18:00:58 UTC
Rahelis wrote:
The final goal of FW is war - a simple concept. I take what is yours.

Klausewitz made it sound far more complex - with which he was wrong. It is dead simple.

War is mostly and opportunity to make money - in Eve we call it Isk.

All war must end eventually. The main proposal I have is simply to give each side the OPTION to push for a victory should that be in their interests.
Rahelis
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-03-06 18:09:10 UTC
A misconception - as in rl.

War will never end - because war makes profit.

Look at our culture and our history - there is only war.

FW in Eve may be created though Concord to give somes loonies like us time and space to hit the **** out of each other.

Substract Concord and you have an exact copie of human "culture" on earth.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-03-06 18:22:01 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
Catherine Laartii wrote:
Stuff.

Let's just agree to disagree. I like FW because it is precisely all of the things that you are upset that it isn't. I've been in FW since day 1 when it was really just a free wardec with lots of targets and nothing more. That is why I signed up and why I prefer it over WH space and nullsec. While what you suggest has merit, you are changing FW into something it isn't or hasn't ever been. FW is currently in the best state it has ever been in and I'm mostly happy about it.

...I guess I can agree with you on the last point; they have put it in a better place than it's ever been, and I'm thankful for that. I'm mostly seeing room for improvement in a lot of different areas because of how obsessively I follow W&T progression with how different gameplay evolves with ship rebalances, new minigames, etc. so it just seemed like FW would be a good route to go with that considering how much potential it still has.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-03-06 18:22:48 UTC
Rahelis wrote:
A misconception - as in rl.

War will never end - because war makes profit.

Look at our culture and our history - there is only war.

FW in Eve may be created though Concord to give somes loonies like us time and space to hit the **** out of each other.

Substract Concord and you have an exact copie of human "culture" on earth.

huh...never thought of it that way...
Rahelis
Doomheim
#49 - 2014-03-06 18:35:00 UTC
You should not be thankfull that CCP made FW worth playing - you pay those buggers for the game in the first place.

CCP should be thankfull that idealists like you and misanthropes as me play the game.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Pieter_Bruegel_d._%C3%84._035.jpg

That is you an me.

Previous page123