These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Artists of EVE Source

First post First post
Author
Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#1 - 2014-03-05 23:01:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyndrogen
Who created all the great artwork in EVE SOURCE?

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-03-06 00:20:26 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2014-03-06 00:24:22 UTC
Cyndrogen wrote:

These are the artists credited. The CG shots were often collaborations, while the paintings are done by a single artist each:
Andrei Cristea
Börkur Eiríksson
Galan Pang
Georg Hilmarsson
Hu Xiaohui
Jakob Falkenberg
John Wallin
Kári Gunnarsson
Mark Li
Ólafur Á. Haraldsson
Sölvi H. Ingimundarson
Will Burns
William "Supalette" Chen
Zeng Liang
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-03-06 01:06:40 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyndrogen wrote:

These are the artists credited. The CG shots were often collaborations, while the paintings are done by a single artist each:
Andrei Cristea
Börkur Eiríksson
Galan Pang
Georg Hilmarsson
Hu Xiaohui
Jakob Falkenberg
John Wallin
Kári Gunnarsson
Mark Li
Ólafur Á. Haraldsson
Sölvi H. Ingimundarson
Will Burns
William "Supalette" Chen
Zeng Liang

any idea when we can expect these to be delivered in the states? like a week, 2 weeks? got the email that it shipped a couple days ago and its making me anxious.

I really like art/lore books. bought the art book for GW2 and i never even bothered playing it, and own all the art/lore books for star wars and star trek.
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#5 - 2014-03-06 01:13:59 UTC
Nariya; I got my DHL notification 4th March at 0648 Pacific. Musterbrand states that it's international delivery time to the US is 6 working days-- which I assume is the DHL time estimate. Sooo. I expect I'll receive mine Tuesday 11th March, even though I rather want it March 10th, which is my birthday. :x

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#6 - 2014-03-06 06:01:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Tomiko Kawase
Great, it arrives the same time as Dark Souls II. I probably shouldn't be concerned it's telling me the book has arrived in its destination country of... Germany.

For $32 I was expecting some expedited shipping. I can't wait.
CCP Falcon
#7 - 2014-03-06 08:45:34 UTC

Our art team were absolutely amazing through the whole process of putting EVE Source together.

I'm sure that the rest of the writing team will agree with my personal sentiment that having so much rich and beautiful artwork really helped with inspiration for getting words down in type for the project.

Big smileBig smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

War Porcika
Hamster Holding Corp
#8 - 2014-03-06 08:56:18 UTC
Great book, I had only a little time to flip through the book, looks amazing. In the weekend I will start reading it. Cool
Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#9 - 2014-03-06 09:41:56 UTC
the question is, for those of us who couldn't get one of the first 500 signed copies, will these guys all be at Fanfest so we can harass them for signatures of our CE's :P
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-03-06 10:22:30 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:

No it hasn´t. It is a pulsar map but it isnt the one on the pioneer probes so it doesnt show the location of earth.
I compared them and they are different, but I have no idea how to further read it.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2014-03-06 10:36:00 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Our art team were absolutely amazing through the whole process of putting EVE Source together.

I'm sure that the rest of the writing team will agree with my personal sentiment that having so much rich and beautiful artwork really helped with inspiration for getting words down in type for the project.

Big smileBig smile

Very much so. I'm always amazed by the works our artists create and they really do contribute hugely to the process of writing in a project like EVE: Source.

CCP Delegate Zero | Content Designer - Writer | @CCPDelegateZero

Chiellon
Wolfdale Inc.
#12 - 2014-03-06 11:03:12 UTC
Looking forward it. Nice read during pooping.
CCP Nag
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2014-03-06 14:44:37 UTC
I´m glad you guys are digging the artwork, I´m Börkur, the Art Director for the EVE IP and also for Source.

We had a lot of artists from all over CCP touch on the book and we had great fun doing it cause it allowed us to explore facets of the universe we haven´t fleshed out before. It´s something we would definitely want to do more of as well cause we have´nt even touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the depth of the world.
Meiyang Lee
Game Instrument Applications
#14 - 2014-03-06 15:36:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Meiyang Lee
Just opened the package with mine, and it is gorgeous. Shocked Very nice finish on the book too.
Also, quite a bit larger than I expected it to be, which is awesome, and the signed prints.... well I'll need to go shopping for some proper frames to put these in, let's just say that. Big smile

EDIT : Haven't had a proper look through the whole book, just opened it on a few random pages and the art is stunning. Great production values CCP, props to all the artists. Big smile

I have #338 it seems. Blink
ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#15 - 2014-03-06 17:15:43 UTC
Got mine today. Im very happy to own #391!

Joves are sexy these days.

Well done to everyone who worked on this!!!!!!!!!

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department