These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

did i just discover a system?

Author
Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#1 - 2014-03-05 02:20:42 UTC
so I was exploring and I jumped through a wormhole and ended up in a system I could not find on the map and had no stations and no jump gates. I did get a few signitures I jumped to one and got one shotted by something called a sleeper drone. still in my capsule wandering around the system. so did I just discover a new system/ faction.

P.s. drone and the building it was guarding looked to be a mix of gallente and amarr tech.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2014-03-05 02:24:17 UTC
Hope you bookmarked the entrance.
Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#3 - 2014-03-05 02:25:45 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Hope you bookmarked the entrance.

I did in the system that I found the wormhole entrence but I aparantly I didn't where it spat me out.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#4 - 2014-03-05 02:27:36 UTC
Ehehehe.
Billy Sastard
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-03-05 02:28:30 UTC
Ashina Sito
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-03-05 02:29:53 UTC
2 rules in eve.

Always update your clone.

Always bookmark a Wormhole after you go though it.

Your not going to be able to get out without self destructing your pod. I hope your clone is updated.

Welcome to Eve. Blink
Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#7 - 2014-03-05 02:30:46 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Ehehehe.

looks like im gonnna need that clone I just updated.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-03-05 02:31:08 UTC
Hope that is an empty clone you have.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#9 - 2014-03-05 02:32:21 UTC
Congratulations on entering your first wormhole system.

Look for customs offices, check Dscan for POS towers, forcefields, ships and other thingies.

If it's uninhabited then chances are you're not the first person to find it, it's just a **** system that nobody wants to live in.

Use eveeye or any other site to tell you more about the system by entering it's J-number. You can also look it up on killboards to see what kind of recent activities it's had.

If you haven't bookmarked the exit, ain't got probes to find it again, or have lost your ship then youre in a pickle.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#10 - 2014-03-05 02:37:22 UTC
Could always ask in Local if someone will help you get out... Not guaranteed to, but worth a shot before you self destruct...

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#11 - 2014-03-05 02:39:01 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:

Look for customs offices, check Dscan for POS towers, forcefields, ships and other thingies.

If it's uninhabited then chances are you're not the first person to find it, it's just a **** system that nobody wants to live in.

Use eveeye or any other site to tell you more about the system by entering it's J-number. You can also look it up on killboards to see what kind of recent activities it's had.

If you haven't bookmarked the exit, ain't got probes to find it again, or have lost your ship then youre in a pickle.

couldn't find any info on the system only thing in it is sleeper stuff.
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2014-03-05 02:42:52 UTC
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

Google the Jxxxxxxxx name. WH systems are only connected to other WH systems and known space through WH's.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#13 - 2014-03-05 02:47:35 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

Google the Jxxxxxxxx name. WH systems are only connected to other WH systems and known space through WH's.

googled it and couldn't find it anywhere even on the w system list on eveolipedia.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-03-05 02:53:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Aiwha wrote:
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

googled it and couldn't find it anywhere even on the w system list on eveolipedia.

Dotlan Upper right hand corner. Put the wormhole system in it.

Post the entry system and you just might get lucky and someone will come scan down the entrance so you can warp to it.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#15 - 2014-03-05 03:01:32 UTC
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Aiwha wrote:
Jacob Pletch wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

Place the J number into this site

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#16 - 2014-03-05 03:09:04 UTC
Jacob Pletch wrote:
so I was exploring and I jumped through a wormhole and ended up in a system I could not find on the map and had no stations and no jump gates. I did get a few signitures I jumped to one and got one shotted by something called a sleeper drone. still in my capsule wandering around the system. so did I just discover a new system/ faction.

P.s. drone and the building it was guarding looked to be a mix of gallente and amarr tech.

Didn't do the exploration tutorials I presume?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jacob Pletch
Revogate
#17 - 2014-03-05 03:54:08 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Jacob Pletch wrote:

Didn't do the exploration tutorials I presume?

no I did and I thought I had marked the exit but it save the bookmark as one of the planets.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#18 - 2014-03-05 04:01:28 UTC
I laughed when I read this... remembering when wormholes were introduced and all these horror stories were coming out about trapped carriers and pimp fit faction ships that got trapped. Soooo funny! That's why you always play right when the expansion comes out. For months explorers were finding abandoned carriers and pimp fit ships just floating in a wormhole... all alone.

Good stuff. Eve is fun, isn't it? Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...