These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[ALXVP] Standings Reset Notification

Author
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#1 - 2014-03-04 00:27:59 UTC
This is a public announcement of standings changes.

As of 00:00 on March 5th YC116, standings towards Shaktipat Revelators will be reset to neutral. While we maintain positive associations with their members, it has been decided that it is not conducive to the continuing operation and evolution of our colonies to maintain the current +5 standings, and as members of two effectively immortal organisations operating in vastly different theatres, there is no reason to maintain those standings. As our corporation maintains an NBSI standings policy for the purpose of system defense, this means members of Alexylva Paradox will be cleared to engage members of Shaktipat Revelators. It is advised that Shaktipat Revelators reciprocates on this standings reset.

Q: Does this mean Alexylva Paradox is joining the war against Nation?

A: We have a colony of our own to protect, and total confidence in the combat abilities of Known Space pilots to defend the citizens of New Eden. Origin has its own problems, to which our attention will remain devoted for the foreseeable future.

Q: Does this mean that Alexylva Paradox is no longer an ally of Nation?

A: Alexylva Paradox was never an ally of Nation, as has been stated. We do not condone the forced uplifting of baseliners, and we do not support their actions. We simply do not seek conflict with Nation. If Nation chooses to seek conflict with us, we will respond as we do to any act of aggression.

Q: Does Alexylva Paradox wish for Nation to be destroyed.

A: We do not support acts of genocide.

Q: What is Alexylva Paradox's optimal outcome for the situation with Nation?

A: Peace, an end to the Incursions, forced upliftings, and Nation adopting a policy of voluntary membership to their Unity.
Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#2 - 2014-03-04 00:53:05 UTC
Huh.

You still employ Havohej, yeah?

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

DeadRow
Blue Canary
Watch This
#3 - 2014-03-04 03:39:30 UTC  |  Edited by: DeadRow
It is a pity your form of transhumanism removed your backbone.

Fly safe, though alone, Orange.
Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#4 - 2014-03-04 04:17:10 UTC
More then a pity from my point of view. I rather liked thinking of ALXVP as allies. But if this is the way your Community sees our relationship then fine. Just remember you came to us originally, and now you are the ones walking away from it.

The mountain path has iced over severely in Early Winter. The thaw is a long ways off. Be careful if you wish to climb back up.
Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-03-04 04:56:43 UTC
It costs nothing to maintain standings nor is there any indication that they could effect you in any way besides your reputation.

What then prompted this really?

Morover, what prompted doing this in public? When ten thousand man coalitions change standings it is done so with less formality and palpable backpedaling.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#6 - 2014-03-04 05:02:50 UTC
Ayallah wrote:
It costs nothing to maintain standings nor is there any indication that they could effect you in any way besides your reputation.

Morover, what prompted doing this in public? When ten thousand man coalitions change standings it is done so with less formality and palpable backpedaling.

Simple. Silver tongue of a fresh face.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#7 - 2014-03-04 05:39:33 UTC
A positive development to be sure.
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#8 - 2014-03-04 06:41:13 UTC
Ayallah wrote:

They were faced with inconvenient truths such as this glorious post of mine here:

specifically points 4,5,6.

Forced to choose between having corp members who would 'shoot blues' and having 'blues', it seems they have chosen to keep the members who would 'shoot blues', in the name of "free and frank discussion between corp members".

Which makes point 6 still stand. Hurrrr.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Karmilla Strife
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#9 - 2014-03-04 06:44:35 UTC
I'm sure you were the catalyst for this all, Valarie darling.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#10 - 2014-03-04 08:13:47 UTC
Just having neutral or positive standing to any of Sansha organizations or supporters is a crime against humanity.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#11 - 2014-03-04 08:17:40 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
Huh.

In fact, yes. As far as I am aware, I remain an employee of Alexylva Paradox and a citizen of Origin in good standing.

Why do you ask?

DeadRow wrote:
It is a pity your form of transhumanism removed your backbone.

I would hardly go that far... As long as there is a colony to protect, we will always have a backbone.

Never safe, never alone. Rather, I wish you and yours "fly well."

Evi Polevhia wrote:
The mountain path has iced over severely in Early Winter. The thaw is a long ways off. Be careful if you wish to climb back up.

I haven't heard the boss say anything about actively targeting Shaktipat Revelators, Nation or any of Nation's other supporters. While it's been stated that [ALXVP] never officially supported Nation's actions, it's also been stated that we do not support genocide. I can't see why there should be enmity between us now.

Our paths run through different woods, that's all.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#12 - 2014-03-04 08:46:56 UTC
Probably won't change much in the practical way of things, as I believe Riordan already stated.

Still, it's the thought that matters. Not to mention I can imagine having a baggage of suspected Nation association somewhat... inconvenient sometimes.

Good luck in your future ventures, in any case.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#13 - 2014-03-04 10:25:29 UTC
Since you have decided this is a public matter rather than a private one..

You have chosen weakness over strength. You have chosen to allow petty politics to drive you over your ideals. You have shown yourself to be a betrayer of friendships and of contracts. You have chosen to think small over thinking large.

You have chosen cowardice over power, and this has traditionally been a poor choice to make.

You asked me in our conversation "Who could tell the future". I told you that models and statistics could do so. So I have, as a final act as a friend, run some numbers for you.

You'll be praised, initially. "Good working on not being pals with those Sansha Scum!"

But you'll run into people who remember that you WERE blue, and who will hold prejudice against you because of this. Eventually your new friends will betray you, and decide that you and your ways are simply too much of a threat to be kept around, because they do not fear warships or ground troopers, but ideas. And your ideas, like our ideas, are strange and alien to them, and threaten their very way of life.

And when that happens, you will destroyed, because you have focused your hopes on one planet, in one system, which is divided off from all others. You will survive for a while in a state of war simply because the logistics of invading a system reachable only by temporary wormhole make it difficult. However, it is simply a matter of time until the people you have buddied up with destroy Origin and talk gleefully about how they loved glassing your planet.

How do I know this? Simple: I've seen this before.

Or worse: You will simply be ignored. Pat on the head every once in a while and fed a biscuit, while they look at your project as a little aberation. You will be kept in your wormhole, like in a cage. You will be politely discouraged from attempting to spread your ideas outside of it.

In short, Saede, Streya, I believe you have chosen poorly.

And when even the ideologically similar will turn their backs on us, this makes me question whether my harmonism stance has been misplaced. I have some thinking to do and models to run of my own.
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-03-04 11:41:40 UTC
There are many powers in New Eden, and Shaktipat Revelators are among the least of them.

Will there be some who will hold our past associations against us? Absolutely - to hell with them. I would rather that some unreasonable people hold our past against us than that many reasonable people hold our present against us.

Will Origin fall to people who find the whole project alarming, and strange? Possibly. But I guarantee that a colony of mildly eccentric transhumanists will be seen as less threatening than an apparently Sansha-friendly colony of transhumanists. In any event, I consider simple capsuleer greed to be a much more likely motive for any eviction attempt we may face moving forward.

Today we have demonstrated flexibility and reason, the ability to compromise and find an appropriate middle ground. Speaking personally, I feel vindicated at this demonstration that our leadership have the courage and balance to engage in serious discourse about our politics and treaties. Adaptibility is a survival trait, and negotiation is a hallmark of civilization.

And the point of Origin is to survive, and to build a civilization. It seems to me that we are succeeding.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
#15 - 2014-03-04 11:54:17 UTC
Life is ever flowing, ever evolving. And though we are no longer composed of the same decaying organic matter like most this does not mean our evolution should stop. Where as a capsuleer our mind is our most valuable asset. During the discussion we had on this subject that once again became clear, and now, when mulling it over further there are things I wish to say.

What are standings?
Standings are naught but a crude tool to divide the universe up in five possibilities in a range from +10 to -10 in increments of 5. And while being no mathematician or scientist I am pretty sure that Tiberious' models have to take more than base five into account when calculating what it means to be friends, what it means to be friendly, what it means to be neutral, what defines an enemy. The subjects are simply to complicated.

But why?
I understand the question, and the sentiments attached to it. Why do A when according to others B is the better option. Why do B while there is evidence that suggests C might also be an option. In short, we have always gone our own way, made our own calculated decisions based on what we think at the time is the best option.

There is a colony, there is Origin. There is a vision, there is a view and there is a course.

And this idea of a better world, a better place and ultimately a better universe is what brought me to ALXVP in the first place.

Had I wanted political power I could have followed in my father's footsteps, work my way up. Perhaps be a senator some day, run for presidency. There's a scary thought if anything

Had I wanted to grow into an economic powerhouse I should have stayed with Re-Aw and focussed on my market studies.

I found alignment in my ideals with ALXVP, and a good friend once told me to always stay aligned.

Personally, I have shared a drink with several diametrically opposed people who have replied here in this thread. And I hope this will also be possible in the future regardless of what little CONCORD sanctioned box people put each other in.

Astera Zandraki
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-03-04 12:16:53 UTC
You ever catch that spy then, Riordan?

A wise choice, moving away from Nation's insanity. I think you're likely to do a better job protecting all those fresh faced colonists if people aren't associating you with Nation. People tend to nuke from orbit where they're concerned.

Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#17 - 2014-03-04 12:25:15 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
Huh.

In fact, yes. As far as I am aware, I remain an employee of Alexylva Paradox and a citizen of Origin in good standing.

Why do you ask?

Because Saede's announcement here indicates that Alexyva has issues with Nation's methods. Good.

The fact she still keeps you indicates she is quite ok with yours.

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#18 - 2014-03-04 13:02:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Evi Polevhia
Havohej wrote:

I haven't heard the boss say anything about actively targeting Shaktipat Revelators, Nation or any of Nation's other supporters.
I can't see why there should be enmity between us now.

Our paths run through different woods, that's all.

The Foundations forces are concentrated, Nations forces are vast. While you won't necissarily come into contact with the True Slave Foundations, members of your organization can and do come into contact with Nation forces. The core of our agreement was for your group to not fire on us or any Nation ship.

And yet even before resetting the standings, your boss willfully disregarded that.

Stitcher wrote:
You see collusion where there is none. My corp may technically have a non-aggression pact with the Nation, that's true - I do not. In fact, I made it plain from the get-go to Saede and the directors that I will shoot Nation vessels on sight, blue or not. This condition was made known before my contract with ALXVP began, and was deemed acceptable.

Furthermore, I am putting what pressure I can on our leadership to switch to neutral standings which, given our NBSI policy...

I quite agree, the Sansha are monsters to be fought at every turn. Unlike you, it seems I have the wit to recognise alternative forms of warfare. Diplomacy. Negotiation. the breaking of non-aggression pacts, and convincing formerly idle guns to open fire.

You see a corp that's blue to Nation, and that's all you see. I see a corp that's blue to Nation who nevertheless took on one of Nation's most historically vocal critics and violent opponents. ALXVP leadership KNOW I oppose the diplomatic status quo, KNOW that I will disobey standing orders if I find myself in that situation, KNOW that I am actively in favour of a change in standings... and they agreed to my terms and hired me.

Source for quote.

It seems apparent now that for the few months that Verin has been a member of Alexyva Paradox they've had no intention of living up to the rules put forth for our agreement. The people at fault then, here, might have been us. For being idealistic enough to assume Saede would enforce anything on Verin. Our mistake.

The galaxy as a whole should consult Valate's point 6.

P.S.

Tiberious, Anaxes isn't right. You know that. But we need to be stricter.
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-03-04 13:47:42 UTC
I'm not clear on how "we are now treating TS-F the same way we treat the rest of the universe" constitutes a catastrophic undermining of our political credibility.

In fact you should notice no actual change. You've gone from not entering Origin and not getting shot at, to not entering Origin and not getting shot at.

Clearly this outrageous change in our stance is a calamity which will forever scar the reputation of ALXVP.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#20 - 2014-03-04 13:50:33 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
I'm not clear on how "we are now treating TS-F the same way we treat the rest of the universe" constitutes a catastrophic undermining of our political credibility.

Probably because your superiors came to an agreement with us a while ago that your Corp would precisely not treat Nation the same as you treated the rest of the Universe. As I said though. Our mistake for thinking that agreement meant anything.
123Next pageLast page