These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

whats your views on ISD?,

First post
Author
Josef Djugashvilis
#21 - 2014-03-02 23:55:07 UTC
It is far better to have them than not.

This is not a signature.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#22 - 2014-03-03 01:11:36 UTC
Also, keep in mind how cool CCP is. I know of other games where if you complain you might get a ban from the game itself just for being critical. I would share a funny story of this happening to a friend, but I won't because it's a CCP partner of sorts lol

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-03-03 01:18:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Erotica 1 wrote:
Also, keep in mind how cool CCP is. I know of other games where if you complain you might get a ban from the game itself just for being critical. I would share a funny story of this happening to a friend, but I won't because it's a CCP partner of sorts lol

Bungie are cool like that as well, but as soon as Halo switched hands, and the criticism of Halo 4 hit the new forums, BAM, so many bans. I got one until 2487. So 343 can suck my arse, but Bungie were always a cool mob. I'll be getting Destiny, but not Halo 5.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#24 - 2014-03-03 01:24:08 UTC
The "ISD vs Trolls" relationship summed up in one, simple picture.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Rich Uncle PennyBags
EVE Online Monopoly
#25 - 2014-03-03 06:46:15 UTC
Anna Karhunen wrote:
ISD Flowingspice is good, if silent, travelling companion when flying covertly. In a way that silence is beneficial, come to think of it. Now, considering that it is his corpse that I have, the silence is not particularly surprising.

1, How did you manage to get an ISD corpse? Their ships are invincible.

2, How much for said corpse?
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#26 - 2014-03-03 10:06:32 UTC
Rich Uncle PennyBags wrote:
Anna Karhunen wrote:
ISD Flowingspice is good, if silent, travelling companion when flying covertly. In a way that silence is beneficial, come to think of it. Now, considering that it is his corpse that I have, the silence is not particularly surprising.

It was during the new player training session where ISD were playing the role of enemy for players to shoot at. I did not manage to get in on the kill (Badger was too slow for targeting), but I did manage to scoop the corpse. Said corpse is not for sale. I suppose that makes his corpse even more valuable than say The Mittani's corpse.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Rich Uncle PennyBags
EVE Online Monopoly
#27 - 2014-03-03 10:17:51 UTC
Anna Karhunen wrote:
Rich Uncle PennyBags wrote:
Anna Karhunen wrote:

It was during the new player training session where ISD were playing the role of enemy for players to shoot at. I did not manage to get in on the kill (Badger was too slow for targeting), but I did manage to scoop the corpse. Said corpse is not for sale. I suppose that makes his corpse even more valuable than say The Mittani's corpse.

I'm sure there's more people who want Mitten's corpse than an ISDs.

You should ask Entity if he wants to make an offer. Just to get a value.
Rashnu Gorbani
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-03-03 11:43:36 UTC
ISD are often quite biased and not afraid to show it.
Their reward is that they can play gods on the forums which may appeal to certain personality types.
Moderation is, unfortunately, necessary on the forum but then again you don't get quality things for free (no money). So we get ISD...
Rich Uncle PennyBags
EVE Online Monopoly
#29 - 2014-03-03 11:57:35 UTC
Rashnu Gorbani wrote:
Their reward is that they can play gods on the forums which may appeal to certain personality types.
Moderation is, unfortunately, necessary on the forum but then again you don't get quality things for free (no money). So we get ISD...

People forget that there's like, 6 different ISD teams.

I don't think the fiction guys have that much of a power trip. :P
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-03-03 16:27:43 UTC
Rashnu Gorbani wrote:

Link to example, please. Otherwise, you're just making false accusations.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ralen Zateki
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-03-03 16:34:48 UTC
Rashnu Gorbani wrote:

There's trolling... then there's ignorance. As a troll, I thought I'd point out an example of the latter....
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#32 - 2014-03-03 17:05:51 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Rashnu Gorbani wrote:

Link to example, please. Otherwise, you're just making false accusations.

the ISD are biased.

Against bad posters Lol

Want to talk about a controversial real world topic? Take it elsewhere.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mandarine
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-03-03 17:31:15 UTC
Stockholm syndrome
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#34 - 2014-03-03 17:38:59 UTC
The Ukraine issue is fairly interesting. Apparently the new government introduced a number of new laws including one that makes speaking Russian in the Ukraine illegal. Couple that with the Russians naval fleet being based in the Crimea and it's no wonder the Russians have invaded the Ukraine.

If XX country invaded the US base in Bahrain They would be there before you could say Jack Daniels. Everyone defends their own interests. I'm not Soviet or from the US so I have no bias on this issue. It's just how the cookie crumbles.
Lucy tzung
Doomheim
#35 - 2014-03-03 19:23:29 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Lucy tzung wrote:
might apply for one but it seems I have mixed views on the role, I mean I know there are different types but also some look a little like thought police, I mean you don't see posts about the winter Olympics or any Iceland related real life thing getting locked but mention Ukraine and boom locked. I had a lot of help from ISD which is why id like to become one to help others yet its like there rules are worded so they can lock any post/thread and have a reason why whether valid or not. I mean no offence by this but im curious before applying what your views are generally.

No offense.

By all means feel free to apply. But looking at your posts syntax and sentiments expressed therein, I don't think you have what it takes to be an ISD.

You can help people in and out of game without the title/position, and by all means, feel free to do so.

I tried that, I was helping people in the help chat but someone gave me a 200 million bounty for it
Lucy tzung
Doomheim
#36 - 2014-03-03 19:26:48 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Good evening. If you're interested in joining the ranks of ISD (CCL in particular), I direct you to this thread. It's the number one spot to learn about how to join.

Since there seem to be a few bits of confusion out there, I'll take a second and clear some up.

Yes, we get rewards, and yes, it's more than a warm fuzzy feeling. No, it's not a plex.

Yes, we have personalities, but it's best not to use them when locking or editing a thread due to professionalism. We take pride in being unbiased.

No, sorry, I'm taken.

And that about wraps that up! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

hey thanks a lot, I was slightly put off by some responses but Im going to apply, this game is fantastic and the more that join and learn about it the better. again thank you
Serene Repose
#37 - 2014-03-03 19:35:36 UTC
ISDs are great. They serve a fabulous purpose. If we can get the powers that be to admit their many abilities don't necessarily include being able to properly moderate a forum board, they'll be cooking with oil.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Doireen Kaundur
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-03-03 19:44:58 UTC
I get the feeling ISD is new?

How were the forums monitored beforehand?

_[center]For your Freighter **sized shipping needs, contact _[u]Lord Chanlin[/u].** _ Fast, affordable, reliable service._

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Lord%20Chanlin[/center]

Lucy tzung
Doomheim
#39 - 2014-03-03 20:06:44 UTC
just applied, cant believe how nervous I was filling it out, I felt like I was at an extremely important job interview,
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#40 - 2014-03-03 20:23:33 UTC
Doireen Kaundur wrote:
I get the feeling ISD is new?

How were the forums monitored beforehand?

CCL has been around for close to 2 years, if not a little longer. Previously, members of CCP were in charge of moderating the forums.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page123Next page