These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make POS refineries not **** or just remove them.

Author
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-03-03 03:57:19 UTC
besides the lowest possible refine rate you can imagine, you have to queue up the refine and wait an hour. there is literally no reason to actually use a POS refinery array outside of wormholes. but even then the horrible refine rate makes it preferable to just ship the minerals in instead. its horrible.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#2 - 2014-03-03 04:27:00 UTC
This is now the third time I've seen a thread on this topic since xmas.

It's simple. Player managed stuff gets best. Npc managed stuff gets worst.
Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-03-03 04:33:46 UTC
CCP are probably planning a complete do-over of the pos system, instead of tiny tweaks here and there. Would be nice if they could just fiddle with a few numbers tho Lol

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

GizzyBoy
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#4 - 2014-03-03 05:18:56 UTC
They are able to refine ice at 100%

use a rorqual to compress and ship it out, its also a sexy ship and it transforms!
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-03-03 06:04:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Nariya Kentaya
GizzyBoy wrote:
They are able to refine ice at 100%

use a rorqual to compress and ship it out, its also a sexy ship and it transforms!

that still comes down to "ship it out to refine at an NPC station".

the whole issue is that not only can NPC stations refine ore at a better rate than POS refineries, they can do it instantly, whereas you have to wait in the POS variant. there is literally no incentive to get and keep ore in a wormhole or anywhere where accessing a regular station is inconvenient.
Scissors Lizard
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-03-03 06:16:39 UTC
Honestly, I'd just like the POS refineries to work with refining skills. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have them exempt.
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#7 - 2014-03-03 09:08:22 UTC
In my opinion POS should require more work instead of less.

RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-03-03 14:49:40 UTC
It makes no sense to me that NPC stations can give perfect refining return with instant results, but the POS refinery takes hours and has minimum 25% waste. Reverse the wastage, let the POS have perfect refining based on skills, but with the wait, and set the NPC station refine to instant with 25% cut to the station. Might get more HS POSes at that point.

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#9 - 2014-03-03 15:25:54 UTC
Galphii wrote:
CCP are probably planning a complete do-over of the pos system, instead of tiny tweaks here and there. Would be nice if they could just fiddle with a few numbers tho Lol

yeah, if we get lucky, we might have it soon, maybe even before 2020!